Old 10-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Return of the Living Dead 2 Disc SE

I thought I would post this for all to see. Here is a link: here All I can say is, if any of you have any information about this possibly being released here in the United States I would like to know? With 5 hours of bonus material that has me very interested. I know in the past I purchased the Predator SE 4 years before it ever reached the states. So who knows how long they will take with this?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Wicked! I love this film. HIT THE BRAIN! I HIT THE FUCKING BRAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pegMWhatfT4

5 Hours of Bonus Features:

More Brains! A Return To The Living Dead: The definitive 2 hour documentary featuring interviews with cast, writers, producers and many more, as well as previously unseen behind-the-scenes footage, storyboards, conceptual art, publicity materials and archival documents.
More Brains! 2 hours of Killer Bonus Features: A conversation with Dan O'Bannon: The Final Interview. They Won't Stay Dead: A look at Return Of The Living Dead Part II. Love Beyond The Grave: A look at Return Of The Living Dead III. Stacey Q Live: Exclusive 'Tonight' music video. Even More Brains: Deleted documentary interviews. Return of the Living Dead in 3 minutes. Resurrected Settings: The Filming Locations Today.
The Origins of Return Of The Living Dead with John A. Russo.
The FX Of The Living Dead with production designer William Stout and FX make-up artists William Munns and Tony Gardner.
Party Time with music consultant Steve Pross and 45 Grave singer Dinah Cancer
Original Sountrack: Dolby Digital 2.0
Remixed Soundtrack: Dolby Digital 2.0
Remixed Soundtrack: Dolby Digital Surround 5.1
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Also

Thanks for adding the Bonus features I should of did that, guess I wasn't thinking. As for the UK Amazon, I noticed they had the Uncut version of Return of the Living dead 3 also. As well as other rare movies on DVD. Also that Return of the Living dead SE is also in a Steelbook blu-ray version, with all the same features just on 1 disc. I just found out: the Exclusive to Blu-ray Steelbook: Ernie's Notepad – 20-page replica notebook by embalmer Ernie Kaltenbrunner, featuring production notes, carting information and exclusive artwork. I should also mention that there is no Commentary Tracks on this edition.

Last edited by predator_silver; 10-20-2012 at 03:19 AM..
Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Been blindly waiting for a release that includes all the deleted footage (I have a copy of the workprint but they must have a better source for them) for years but after checking out the R2 Blu-ray spec (original audio track!!!) I might just pick that up.

The R2 Return Of The Living Dead 3 is uncut but 4:3, probably open matte but I'm not entirely sure.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Return of the Living Dead happens to be my favorite Zombie movie and which is why I started the thread because of the 5 hours of Bonus features, Granted the only version of the film I own is the very first release with the Glow in the Dark Cover, and I am completely happy with that, but I would love to watch the 5 hours of info on the movie of course. I also know they made a book for it called "The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead" which I wanted to buy, but never did, and now people want an arm and a leg for it. On another note, I did some purchasing on the amazon UK, I purchased the Return of the Living Dead 3 Uncut from a seller who ships to the U.S. So I will let you know how it looks and what the specks are. Please know you will need an All-Region player if you are wanting to purchase any DVDs from there. All I can hope for is the Return of the Living Dead pt 2 with the fixed music score, that seems to be all I read about on the dvd reviews for pt2 so I have stayed clear of purchasing it, its rather a shame when I look at my DVD collection and see a gap right next to my favorite Zombie flick. As for the UK version of Pt 2 I was reading and it seems there release is the same as ours so we will have to wait for them to fix that in the not to distant future. Well I did some searching on the net and I believe I found my answer. If they do release that 2 disc set they would cut into the sales of this DVD Here! It says it is 240 minutes of footage, which is 4 hours, It sure reads like most of it is the same.

Last edited by predator_silver; 10-20-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Hello Cronos I got to looking and noticed you live in the UK, forget about the region coding about buying an all region player, I just assumed you lived in the US. It turns out you have nothing to worry about, Enjoy the 5 hours of bonus Material
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
God I would love to have a copy of the SE with that much bonus footage. I'd be busy all day long.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Will I finally did it! I purchased the Return of the Living Dead (2 disc special Edition) from UK Amazon. I figured as much as I have talked about it. I might as well just get it. Let me tell you its such a weight of my shoulders now knowing that I don't have to wait for a US release of it.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I said I would reply about the Return of the Living Dead UK Versions. Let's start with the 5 Hours of "Killer Bonus Features" on the Return of the Living Dead SE 2 disc. If you are a fan of this movie or wanted to know more, this I by far one of the best releases of this Movie. Granted I am a Commentary freak which is something that this 2 disc special edition doesn't have but I knew that It didn't have any when buying it. Also this had the original audio track of the Movie which was cool, as well as the normal Dolby digital 2.0 & 5.1 studio redone versions.
As for "The Return of the Living Dead pt.3" UNCUT version yes it is 4.3 aspect ration. As for the Audio the case says Dolby Digital - English Stereo? As for viewing yes it has all the extra gory goodness that was left out of the US cut version. All thumbs up here. Also if you were wondering what the Uncut version has then the cut version this guy made this page I thought I should give him props for it which can be seen here!
Now all we have to do is wait for a better release of Return of the Living dead pt. 2 with the fixed audio soundtrack.

Last edited by predator_silver; 11-15-2012 at 11:37 PM..