Old 10-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Olympus Has Fallen

Olympus Has Fallen Set for April 2013 Release

Olympus Has Fallen is an action thriller starring Gerard Butler, a disgraced Secret Service agent who is called back to duty when the White House is taken over by terrorists. The movie also stars Angela Bassett, Robert Forster, Cole Hauser, Ashley Judd, Melissa Leo, Dylan McDermott, Radha Mitchell and Rick Yune.

The film is written by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt and produced by Fuqua, Butler, Alan Diegel, Ed Cathell III, Danny Lerner and Mark Gill. The executive producers are Avi Lerner, Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Heidi Jo Markel. Here's what FilmDistrict's Peter Schlessel had to say. "Olympus is a great action thriller that will keep audiences guessing and on the edge of their seat. Everyone at FilmDistrict is happy to be in business again with Avi, Mark and the team at Millennium and with a film starring Gerry Butler, who also stars in Playing for Keeps."

Olympus Has Fallen comes to theaters April 5th, 2013 and stars Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, Cole Hauser, Ashley Judd, Melissa Leo, Dylan McDermott. The film is directed by Antoine Fuqua.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Sounds good I like Antoine Fuqua and Gerard Butler, need to see some footage though.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
This is one of two White House under siege movies coming out next year. I'm personally looking forward to the other, White House Down, slightly more. But this one should be cool.

However, BOTH movies will pale in comparison to the 2 episodes of 24 that had the white house taken hostage in the show's seventh season!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I wonder who is playing the president. I looked at IMDB and only saw a listing for Vice President Rodriguez. I couldn't help but laugh and think of Dave Chapelle's stand-up years ago that claimed that the first black president would need to have a hispanic vice president so he wouldn't be assassinated.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Eckhart who is playing the President in this movie.

In the other one, White House Down, Jamie Fox is playing the President.