Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Age gaps in relationships

Thoughts? Does it matter to you? Do you limit yourself one way or the other?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
As I've gotten older, I've relaxed my limits on age difference....first I stuck with ppl my age, then I went 2-3 years...then 5...then 7...now it's 10. I'm sure I'll be looking at girls in their 20s when I'm in my 40s...

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter...as long as they're legally adults ...that's my so-called role model's public statement, hah.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Usually have gone for older women. When I was 25, I was flirting with a 51 year old. Yeah. Good times.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm in my mid-20's. I started teaching at a relatively young age and ever since have refused to look at girls under 21 as anything other than that: girls.

Maybe once I'm older it'll change but for now I get creeped out if I think of girls who are students (even in college) in any non-platonic way.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Im 31 and wont date under 23 in general
Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 PM
You gettin with the MILFs JC?

I'm 29 and normally date women a little older than me.

I'd definitely date a woman in her 40s if she looked like Marissa Tomei though

Last edited by echo_bravo; 08-12-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
My oldest gf was 34 when I was 25. She was a stripper with 2 kids!! (I met her the old fashioned way, through friends, I'm not a strip club dude, I am far too cheap for that shit!)

But it did get plenty of people going "Doesnt it bother you when she is working and the guys are staring at her" and I just said "Fuck no, she isnt fucking them, and it just reassures me that I am dating a super hot chick!!"

Youngest I have dated was only 2 years younger than me... I am attracted to maturity, no matter the age (well, over 18 that is), and sometimes you dont find a girl who is out of that "Party" mentality until they are at a certain age, so I doubt I will be hanging out with any 19-20-21 year olds any time soon!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I like to have a man who is older than me

I dont mind if a guy is around 4 to 6 years older than me

I just find that older men are more mature than younger man
Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll add a joke comment:

You're only as old as you feel....or who you're feelin'.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
My oldest gf was 34 when I was 25. She was a stripper with 2 kids!! (I met her the old fashioned way, through friends, I'm not a strip club dude, I am far too cheap for that shit!)
!
I am not buying that. The second part, not the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Usually have gone for older women. When I was 25, I was flirting with a 51 year old. Yeah. Good times.
WOW! Grandmother fucker you.

My wife is 5 years younger than I am. Dated is completely different from I had sex with. I had sex with a 19 yr old when I was 31 and she was a terrible in bed. I was not in a teaching mood. Oldest like Jaw she was in her 50's when I was in the early 20's. Older women tend to be better in bed. I would never date someone much older than I am. Younger yes.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
It has more to do with where they are in life than anything else.

I tend to go for girls a little older than me, because they usually have their life together in a lot better of a place.

I tend to avoid girls younger than 25 because they are still in the college phase of their life. They don't know what they are going to be doing next year, much less 5 years. They haven't really "settled down" yet. 25 is kind of just an arbitrary number though, but it seems to be a pretty good breaking point on maturity level. Younger people usually aren't thinking past the next thing that's right in front of them (a party this weekend, or a vacation coming up.)

Ultimately though, you don't really have a choice at all as to who you fall for.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
You gettin with the MILFs JC?

I'm 29 and normally date women a little older than me.

I'd definitely date a woman in her 40s if she looked like Marissa Tomei though
Hahah no MILFs. Well, this is weird to be throwing this out on a forum I've been posting on for so long. I should have figured when I posted this it'd be impossible to talk about without getting into specifics but I'm actually gay.

In any case, I've found it difficult to meet guys my age with similar interests and tastes. I feel like most guys I meet my age in this city fit the flaming gay stereotype from the Gaga/Spears/pop-diva-lovin' to the club culture, horrible taste in movies (or god forbid Gleeks), and superficial conversations. Don't get me wrong - some of these guys are nice and I've become friends with a few of them but not remotely my type.

I feel kind of like an odd man out when I go out with that crowd, and maybe it's just cause my circle of friends consisted of nearly all straight guys until recently and those are the people I'm used to hanging out with. But it just feels a bit…fake to me.

All this to say that I've always thought I would look for someone around my age, give or take a few years, but now I'm thinking and willing to give someone older a try. So yeah, I met someone who seems to be outside all of the bullshit in the culture, who has similar tastes (but not so similar that it's stupid), just changed his life a few years ago completely to do what he's always wanted to and we're going out this weekend. But he's 16 years older than me. Which has led me to wondering whether that kind of gap can work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It has more to do with where they are in life than anything else.

I tend to go for girls a little older than me, because they usually have their life together in a lot better of a place.

I tend to avoid girls younger than 25 because they are still in the college phase of their life. They don't know what they are going to be doing next year, much less 5 years. They haven't really "settled down" yet. 25 is kind of just an arbitrary number though, but it seems to be a pretty good breaking point on maturity level. Younger people usually aren't thinking past the next thing that's right in front of them (a party this weekend, or a vacation coming up.)

Ultimately though, you don't really have a choice at all as to who you fall for.
This makes a lot of sense and it's kind of the mentality I'm coming to myself.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
Hahah no MILFs. Well, this is weird to be throwing this out on a forum I've been posting on for so long. I should have figured when I posted this it'd be impossible to talk about without getting into specifics but I'm actually gay.
Oh gotcha. No worries mate!

Have you tried online dating? You can weed thru the ballers/non ballers easily.
It's worked for me a little bit.

But I do hope that next date works out between the guy & you. Even though he's much older, you guys might have a lot in common.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Ah I should've been more clear, I met the guy online and this would be our first meetup in person. I got tired of meeting people through clubs, it never seems like a healthy way to start a relationship based purely on physical attraction especially as it's a crapshoot if you have anything much in common (most likely not) so I made a profile on an online site about a year ago.

At least this way, I figure I get to know if we have some conversational compatibility. I've chatted with several people before but never found someone who I've been as into as far as outlook on life, tastes, etc. That I think he's hot is a bonus. The only thing that has me hesitating a bit right now is just how big the age gap is between us (I'm 25, he's 41). But I figure it's worth seeing how things go.

I'm glad to see that others here have had good experiences with someone significantly older though (or vice versa).
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Well l have to admit that l have dated a man two years younger than me

Plus l have also dated a man 6yrs younger too

i feel like a cradle snatcher

I do think that a younger man has more go in him and they are more randy than the older man
Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 AM
The standard for acceptability is (1/2 the age of the oldest in the couple + 8 ) ... don't ask me how that came to be lol

meh who cares ... as long as you are happy and the relationship is "legal".

I dated a 36yo woman when i was 19 , now im 39 and in a relation with a 26 yo girl

seems i like to break the rule haha !
Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 AM
If you have similar likes and truly care about one another, it shouldn't matter UNLESS you allow it to.
Being at the beginning of the "40 zone", heading any further past the late 20's or early 30's would be an exercise in futility, in my opinion. Finding someone in the same zone as me would be preferable, of course.
But love is a funny thing, mon amis, and sometimes our hearts govern our decisions over our heads.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I think for the most part, we can all agree it depends more on a maturity level and a "where are you in life?" level and can pretty much view age as only a number. Some cases are different (as I said, since I'm a young teacher, I'm kind of creeped out by the thought of dating girls under 23), but that's just me.

There should be one rule, though: if you're divorced and start dating again, you shouldn't date someone younger than your child.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I think for the most part, we can all agree it depends more on a maturity level and a "where are you in life?" level and can pretty much view age as only a number. Some cases are different (as I said, since I'm a young teacher, I'm kind of creeped out by the thought of dating girls under 23), but that's just me.

There should be one rule, though: if you're divorced and start dating again, you shouldn't date someone younger than your child.
I'm 27 and I went on a date with a 19 year old a few months ago.

If it wasn't for the "OMG she was in High School LAST YEAR" weirdness I may have tried to see her again.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 PM
They say age is just a number.....B.S.!

I only date women near my age or a litte above. But those were the old days. Economic crisis and shortage of women are the reason for a long lack of dating.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Age is just a number....and prison is just a place
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Dated someone a year and a half older than me.

Dated someone ten years younger than me.

Current GF is nine years younger than me.

Guess that says I really don't care.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
The standard for acceptability is (1/2 the age of the oldest in the couple + 8 ) ... don't ask me how that came to be lol

meh who cares ... as long as you are happy and the relationship is "legal".

I dated a 36yo woman when i was 19 , now im 39 and in a relation with a 26 yo girl

seems i like to break the rule haha !
hey does that mean that you and number two are a item

Geez you never told me that l thought you were still single
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
hey does that mean that you and number two are a item

Geez you never told me that l thought you were still single
whoa whoa .... don't jump to conclusion lol

I blame my ESL mister officer. Relationship yes sort of because she always put out even when i told her like 25 times ( gross estimate , reality is actually 6 times ) that we don't fit outside of physical encounters. Actually it's close to the point i don't wanna get physical anymore since the "cushion" incident which i consider strike 3.

Strike 1 : spilling her beer on my keyboard
Strike 2 : tripping over the cable and breaking my new and only fan in the middle of summer
Strike 3: setting fire to my cushion with her cigarette

Reminds me of the movie Blind Date lol. I'm jaded in love so when I say relationship , i just mean "where are 2 lonely people making some distance together" and usually it works fine since i remain friend with them after ( ok the new boyfriend usually doesn't like me but that's another topic lol ) but i have to admit this one is a little bit too much.

Maybe i am getting old ... OMG !
Old 08-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Ah I should've been more clear, I met the guy online and this would be our first meetup in person. I got tired of meeting people through clubs, it never seems like a healthy way to start a relationship based purely on physical attraction especially as it's a crapshoot if you have anything much in common (most likely not) so I made a profile on an online site about a year ago.

At least this way, I figure I get to know if we have some conversational compatibility. I've chatted with several people before but never found someone who I've been as into as far as outlook on life, tastes, etc. That I think he's hot is a bonus. The only thing that has me hesitating a bit right now is just how big the age gap is between us (I'm 25, he's 41). But I figure it's worth seeing how things go.

I'm glad to see that others here have had good experiences with someone significantly older though (or vice versa).
Cool dude. Best of luck and definitely let us know how it goes!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
whoa whoa .... don't jump to conclusion lol

I blame my ESL mister officer. Relationship yes sort of because she always put out even when i told her like 25 times ( gross estimate , reality is actually 6 times ) that we don't fit outside of physical encounters. Actually it's close to the point i don't wanna get physical anymore since the "cushion" incident which i consider strike 3.

Strike 1 : spilling her beer on my keyboard
Strike 2 : tripping over the cable and breaking my new and only fan in the middle of summer
Strike 3: setting fire to my cushion with her cigarette

Reminds me of the movie Blind Date lol. I'm jaded in love so when I say relationship , i just mean "where are 2 lonely people making some distance together" and usually it works fine since i remain friend with them after ( ok the new boyfriend usually doesn't like me but that's another topic lol ) but i have to admit this one is a little bit too much.

Maybe i am getting old ... OMG !
Geez so you are not together then

Well when one gets drunk and does the things you have mentioned l wouldnt let that person step into my house

But if the person was sober it would be a diffrent story at least you would know the things you treasure would be safe

I hope she replaced the cushion and fan because things you wreck cost money Dirtyfrog

i can not stand people who get pissed and distroy things to the exstent on what you explained here

hey you are confusing me Dirtyfrog does number 2 have a boyfreind on the side too

I could understand the new bloke not liking you

if l was in his position l would be the same 3 people in a relationship is not good you can get very hurt if you are not careful

Last edited by Bondgirl; 08-19-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 AM
This is the difference between guys and girls : a guy will let a drunk girl if it's for free action while a girl will probably shut the door to a drunk guy who wants some free action. Like Ice-T said : "Evil dick!"

and no she doesn't have a boyfriend on the side coz i don't play with other people's stuff ( meaning everything , not just girlfriend )

you are confusing #2 and #5. I slept with #5 a couple of times like 4 years ago and we remained friends ever since. She is the one with a boyfriend. Never understand why she told him we did what we did because everytime i see her as a friend , the BF gives me the stink eye like i'm competition or something.

Water flows under the bridge.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Cool dude. Best of luck and definitely let us know how it goes!
I think it went pretty great, at least on my end. I was nervous that we'd have nothing to say to each other but we met at at a pub on Sunday afternoon and it was comfortable talking right from the get go. There weren't any awkward pauses at all and we just sat there and talked for around three hours.

Ended up hanging out all the rest of the day together too, met up with some of my friends at night for some more drinks, and I left his place around 2am cause I had work that morning.

There is a bit a curveball in that - he has a daughter but -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
- thankfully, this is not the case because that would definitely be too weird to wrap my head around.

But either way, I definitely felt like even if I hadn't been interested romantically, I'd be interested in getting to know him as a friend. Gay or straight, I feel like he fits into a pretty narrow scope of people who I feel like I could potentially be very close friends with. My friends in Ottawa and my friends in Toronto are wildly different and I've always thought it would be awkward having them all in the same room. But I actually feel like he would get along with pretty much any of my friends in either place.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
This is the difference between guys and girls : a guy will let a drunk girl if it's for free action while a girl will probably shut the door to a drunk guy who wants some free action. Like Ice-T said : "Evil dick!"

and no she doesn't have a boyfriend on the side coz i don't play with other people's stuff ( meaning everything , not just girlfriend )

you are confusing #2 and #5. I slept with #5 a couple of times like 4 years ago and we remained friends ever since. She is the one with a boyfriend. Never understand why she told him we did what we did because everytime i see her as a friend , the BF gives me the stink eye like i'm competition or something.

Water flows under the bridge.
Well it is true l get confused with the numbers 2 and 5

So it is 5 who has the boyfreind

i am getting a headache and cant keep up with all of this
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm 32 and my girlfriend is 21. Age has never been an issue with me. I've dated the a few older women and few younger ones. The girl I'm with now is more mature than many women in their 30's from what I've witnessed.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Shit I'm all over the place with hookups recently.

As I noted earlier, I'm 29. Hooked up with a 19 yr old not too long ago. And now I hooked up with a woman in her 40s(early 40s).
Old 10-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Before the shock therapy I used to dig up corpses and have tea parties with them. I think the oldest died around 1897 although I can't be sure because I never paid attention. Age ain't nuthin' but a number and I just wanted someone who'd listen to me talk and maybe let me rest my hand in their pelvic bone. Good times.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
As some know, I've coached high school girls basketball the past few years. I'm 28, and I cannot fathom anything going on with anyone under 23 or so. I'm not condemning those who do, but I think coaching high schoolers reminds me how young a 18 or 19 year old is. Again, not slamming those who can partake with clear conscience, but I cannot.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Shit I'm all over the place with hookups recently.

As I noted earlier, I'm 29. Hooked up with a 19 yr old not too long ago. And now I hooked up with a woman in her 40s(early 40s).
Very nice.

And a quick update, things are good with us right now. Going strong two months in. Seems to be working so far...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
us merry gays of joblo's must be a small group

good to know you've gotten over your initial anxieties regarding the age gap, as they say age ain't nothing but a number*

greater or equal than 18
Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Very nice.

And a quick update, things are good with us right now. Going strong two months in. Seems to be working so far...
Good for you JC! Happy for ya man

Yeah I went on a tear recently. Nothing serious though. Just hookups. The 40 something yr old has kids so I'm not gonna even pursue that shit.

Anyways, like someguy just mentioned, age aint nothing but a number
Old 10-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
I have to say this Jaw

What attracted you to a 51yr old woman

Was it that she was more experieced than a younger woman
Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Well l do prefer a man to be older than me but l have been attracted to men who have been younger

maybe with a youger man you look for matureity if that dont have that well it does not interest me

One thing about younger men they are very good in bed

Getting on to older men they have more experiece and know how to treat a woman not just for sexual reasons but other things in a relationship too
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't care how much older a woman is than me,
if she's willing, I'd do her.
I don't care what she looks like.
Years of getting plastered & picking up sluts at bars & clubs have desensitized me to a woman's appearance.
If she's willing, I'm able.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Geez why is it that women are treated as though they are a golf course instead of a lady
The doing her sounds so horrible