Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Music
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 AM
What's The First Song You Can Remember Ever Hearing?

I did something similar in another thread, but with films.

I know this is tricky, but just go as far back as you can remember to the first song you can remember hearing, either on the radio or something your parent's played on a cd or record player.

The farthest I can remember is listening to Don't Stop Believing by Journey while riding in the car with my mom going into Joplin, MO to shop. I was probably around 4 or 5. I don't know why, but that memory sticks out for some reason.

What are yours?

Last edited by Matchbox225; 04-25-2012 at 01:14 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Bob Marley - Jamming.

My mom is an awfully tall Dutch blue eyed blonde hair woman, that was going trough a reggae phase when I was just born, and it lasted quite awhile.. Peter Tosh, Burning Spear, Steel Pulse, Black Uhuru, Gregory Isaacs, and all that jazz.

She played that Bob Marley song all the time. I actually remember her putting me on her hip, (holding me of course), and carefully dance around the room with me to that song. And when the song ended, she would walk over to the record player (still holding me on her hip), scratch the needle, swear a bit, and play the song again.

I never developed an over-affection for reggae, but thanks to her, I can hold my own when the topic comes up..
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
The Beach Boys, and if my memory serves me correct, it was Surfin' USA.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Either Blondie - Rapture , Michael Jackson - Don't stop til you get enough or Kool & the Gang - Celebrate

The late 70s and early 80s are fuzzy at my old age of 38.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:51 PM
It must have been something by Hank Williams.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Metallica - Master Of Puppets

My uncle played me this song when I was about 4 or 5. Still love it!