Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM
The Man With the Iron Fists

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS

Directed by RZA

Written by RZA and Eli Roth

Starring Russel Crowe, Lucy Liu, Jamie Chung, Rick Yune, RZA

Rated R for bloody violence, strong sexuality, language and brief drug use

Running Time of 96 Minutes

On the hunt for a fabled treasure of gold, a band of warriors, assassins, and a rogue British soldier descend upon a village in feudal China, where a humble blacksmith looks to defend himself and his fellow villagers.

Everything about this looks completely ridiculous to me, and I mean that in the best way possible.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I'll probably see it.

So cool that Russell Crowe is in this.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Just got home from seeing this, and I enjoyed it. Definitely a fun movie, but it had it's flaws. I went into a bit more detail about the film in the "Last Movie Watched" thread.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
RZA's love for Saturday afternoon Kun Fu flicks like The Five Deadly Venoms shines thru in The Man with the Iron Fists.
Filled with interesting and colorful characters that are extremely underdeveloped and action sequences set to a pulsing soundtrack
that are sleak but lackluster.Russell Crowe as Jack Knife and Lucy Liu as Madam Blossom looks like they had the most fun with their roles
TMWTIF is a fun romp but wait for the DVD.

Scale of 1-10 a 5
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I ended up seeing this piece of crap yesterday..I really expected more from someone like RZA.The plot was typical (which is forgivable) but the action scenes were a total disgrace to the art of kung fu.I know that RZA has taken (or still takes) Shaolin kung fu and with this and his love for kung fu cinema I really expected a true kung fu film and not this modern wire kung fu flying all over the place bullshit.Not even the soundtrack lives up to the stuff he did for Ghost Dog:The Way of the Samurai and Kill Bill. 4.5/10
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 AM
If I had fists of iron, I'd go to each & every one of y'all's houses & kick your ass.
B'cuz, I gotta tell ya, since joining this site & reading all the various threads, comments & critiques around here, it's pretty easy to see that there are alot of y'all that need a really good kung-fu style ass-whuppin.
Not all of you, mind you,
but enough of you that I would still have to kick everybody's ass just to be on the safe side.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I enjoyed TMWTIF. I thought the wire-fu was great, it was over the top like it should be. The CGI blood didn't bother me so much, until the scene were X-Blade killed those four dudes in the brothel. I kinda expected that RZA would have written this big heroic part for himself, but the blacksmith was a humble character. His backstory kinda dragged though. My biggest gripe was the sloppy editing during the fightscenes.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
This is one of those "so bad it's good" movies. The dialogue is horrible, the acting is atrocious, the action scenes are hilariously bad, the plot is paper thin and predictable, there's practically no character development, no character investment and RZA can be seen smiling like a little kid in a toy factory in one of the freeze frames.

It was still a shitload of fun if you don't take a second of it seriously. Russel Crowe was fat and badass, the line "Your journey doesn't have to end here. By that I mean, your life journey" is one of the best lines of the year and the opening credits montage was a dream come true for a Wu fan like myself.