Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Man charged in 'Twilight' theater shooting spree plot

Man charged in 'Twilight' theater shooting spree plot

A Missouri man has been charged with allegedly planning a mass shooting spree at a screening of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2, The Springfield News-Leader reported. Blaec Lammers, 20, allegedly purchased assault rifles and ammunition and planned an attack on a weekend Twilight screening. He faces charges of first-degree assault, armed criminal action, and making a terroristic threat. Lammers’ plot echoes James Holmes’ alleged shooting at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado.

Its bad enough that these retarded movies exist. But now this shit.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni40854446/
Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Jeez...I know the movies and the fans are completely worthy of the virulence and hate, but to go that extra step and kill them all? Come on, they're not that bad...unless girls that happened to like TWILIGHT picked on and humiliated him earlier in life, and all TWILIGHT fans forever remind him of that.

....completely made that up, by the way.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Fanboys these days, fucking psychopaths.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM
I can't help but ponder what sick person/s out there will try and pull a stunt like this when Star Wars VII is released? Perish the thought, but it's inevitable. Star Wars is arguably the biggest and most well known/loved movie franchise out there. So, I'm sure there will be some terrible deeds brewing in some individuals twisted skull. I hope not. But then again, it could happen.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I can't help but ponder what sick person/s out there will try and pull a stunt like this when Star Wars VII is released? Perish the thought, but it's inevitable. Star Wars is arguably the biggest and most well known/loved movie franchise out there. So, I'm sure there will be some terrible deeds brewing in some individuals twisted skull. I hope not. But then again, it could happen.
MAN- Sometimes the times make me sad
Old 11-17-2012, 02:53 AM
I really hope this isn't the beginning of some kind of trend and then we, the people allow are overreaction to these isolated incidents by having movie theaters go the way that airports have gone. Remember when an airport use to be a fun place to be? Ha! Those were the days. The 9/11 happened and it hasn't been the same since.

The same better not happen to movie theaters and thus, sucking all of the fun of going to the movies. News like this, and the dark knight rises shooting, makes me concern that this could happen.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I really hope this isn't the beginning of some kind of trend and then we, the people allow are overreaction to these isolated incidents by having movie theaters go the way that airports have gone. Remember when an airport use to be a fun place to be? Ha! Those were the days. The 9/11 happened and it hasn't been the same since.

The same better not happen to movie theaters and thus, sucking all of the fun of going to the movies. News like this, and the dark knight rises shooting, makes me concern that this could happen.
This. I bring a CD walkman with me to the movies to avoid the commercials and spoilerific previews (yes, it's a CD walkman and not a more modern device, I'm old-school). Movie theaters had better not become as tight as airport security and prevent me from bringing it with me into the theater. One should not be forced to endure the awful commercials and previews that give away the entire movies. The only good thing to come out of it might be any form of cell phone communition and devices being banned completely. That and security guards in each auditorium telling a-holes to shut their pie-holes. I don't want to see the day that movie theaters lose all their sense of fun and open freedom.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 AM
maybe the first incident is making people start paying more attention to what people are doing

I actually make an effort to get there early in order to watch the previews but I could do without the Pepsi and Fandango commercials
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Well l am glad they caught him before he could do any damage

it is terrible that people can not go out and see a movie without thinking that a person like this will come storming in

I just went to see Twilight part to yesterday afternoon

I think it is bad if we went to the exstent of searching people before they went into the theatre is degrading but if you have people like this roaming around maybe it would be for the best

At least people would not be scared to go into a dark theatre expecting someone to jump out shooting

I think we are coming to the days where we will expect changes and that is sad
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Kinda makes me worried about The Hobbit.