Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 AM
King Kong (1976)

King Kong Rapes Jessica Lange? Wtf? How? When?

Obviously spoilers will follow. Yup.

In the 1976 Dino De Laurentis film King Kong, starring Jeff Bridges, Jessica Lange, and Charles Grodin.
There is a scene later on in the movie when Charles Grodin's character (fred) says to Dwan (lange) in front of Jack (bridges) that Kong tried to rape her.
If I am correct, his exact words were... "He tried to rape you, honey."

[Yo. Stop playing with them boobies, Kong]

Rare Photo I like below (sfw)
Spoiler:
I have not seen this movie in many years. But despite it's apparent short comings in many departments, the film made a huge impact on me when I was a kid, and saw it for the very first time. It is quite dramatic and brutal in some parts. As well as being the most adult orientated version of all the Kong movies. It's a shame that Kong for the most part was Rick Baker walking around in a monkey suit. One of the most memorable parts for me is also John Barry's haunting and beautiful musical score. Probably my favorite part of the entire film.

Not to get too side tracked here. But how can a 100 foot gorilla rape a 5'7" female?
Was Grodin just playing with words, or was he sincere. Still yet, was he even jealous?

This line always intrigues me when I think about it. Thoughts please...

Last edited by God of War; 12-21-2012 at 02:49 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I love the image nit the spoiler area she was so beautiful when she was young

I remember watching this movie a couple of years ago and it was quite good but l did prefer the up to date version starring neomi Watts but it had a few silly bits in that which l think they could have got rid of

yes it is funny when you say that King Kong was suposed to rape a girl who is only 5 ft 7 well his you know waht would be enormous so l couldnt see that happen

When you said about that one character said tha tthe girl was raped she had to have been lieing about it or it was poor script writing God of war

I think this thread is very interesting and l can not understand why know one has posted hopefully soon they will
Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
she was so beautiful when she was young
Yes she was. I thought she looked awesome in King Kong.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:26 AM
I think king kong falling in love with that girl.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Yes she was. I thought she looked awesome in King Kong.
God of War do you like the old remake,of king Kong or do you like the current version yes Jessica Lang starred in a few,movies too
Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
God of War do you like the old remake,of king Kong or do you like the current version yes Jessica Lang starred in a few,movies too
I like all 3 main versions. But it's a toss up between the Willis O'brien version and the Peter Jackson version. But each film has things in it that I really enjoy.

King Kong (1933) 10/10
King Kong (1976) 6/10
King Kong (2005) 9/10

I have never seen Jessica Lange in anything else besides King Kong. I wanted to see Frances many years ago, but still haven't.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM
I have seen Frances and really liked it you should see if it might be at the, video shop it would be on weekly hire
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 AM
All three King Kong movies are different. The 1933 version is a wonderful stop-motion effects driven fantasy film. The 1976 remake is a very down to earth movie, dropping most of the fantasy elements of the original. It's the only version where I find Kong to be a scary monster. Maybe it's just the whole seventies atmosphere or the suit that makes Kong look so mean. Although at the end you feel sorry for the ape. The 2005 version mixes the fantasy element from the original and the friendship between Kong and Fay/Dwan from the remake. In the original Kong is a monster on the loose in New York and Fay doesn't give a shit what happens to him. Kill the fucker. In both remakes the girl suffer from stockholm syndrome.

I'm a dinosaur guy, so I like the original and remakes better than the dry 1976 version. Although Peter Jackson's movie kinda drags at the non-island scenes.