Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Killer Crow

So Mr. Quentin Tarantino has expressed interest in bringing back a storyline from Inglorious Basterds when he wanted to make it a mini-series. He wants to translate the storyline into a film. The movie would be called Killer Crow and would follow a group of African American soliders in WWII who get fucked over by the U.S. government. So they go on a killing rampage to get to Switzerland.

Oddly, I am not super stoked for this idea, it seems like a clash between Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained and that seems boring. I know he has expressed interest in making a 30's gangster film or a 60's/70's spy film. I'd much rather see one of those. Or even a Chinese Martial Arts in mandarin would be cooler than this.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Like Vol. 3 of Kill Bill, Stuntman Mike's brother coming back for revenge in Death Proof 2, and other sequel ideas concocted by Tarantino; I doubt we'll ever see them actually get made. With expressing his desire to inevitably retire after a few more films, I'd prefer he stick to his current route of making original projects that don't necessarily warrant a sequel. As you mentioned, his interests in other projects sounds more flattering--especially a 30's gangster film.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM
I would love to see either the Martial art in Mandarin film or the 30's gangster film, or the disaster film in vein of Airport, that he mentioned a couple years back. This does sound like a clash of Django and Basterds, it'd be nice to actually see any of the older projects he's been talking about - but it seems like this is what we'll get in the end since he said he wrote half of it already.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
but it seems like this is what we'll get in the end since he said he wrote half of it already.
I think the only reason he has half of it written is because it was initially part of Inglourious Basterds when he was going to make it into a mini-series. He might make it next, but I have a sneaking suspicion he will end up doing the 30s gangster film.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion he will end up doing the 30s gangster film.
Man, I hope so.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM
He better. "Killer Cow" has disaster written all over it.

I'd like to see him go back to having a strong female protagonist like The Bride or Jackie Brown because he writes strong women so well. A 30s style gangster film .... with a female as the lead? Would be sick.

Oh and in a recent Charlie Rose interview QT says he would love to work with Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep.

Meryl Streep in a Tarantino movie?
PLEASE MAKE IT SO.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Man, I hope so.
Concurred.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I am not crazy about the premise for Killer Crow. It is like Tarantino heard all the Django criticism and thought "I'll give them something to be pissed about."
Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I wanna' see Tarantino tackle a sci-fi flick. I'm good on the alternate history films, I think.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
I wanna' see Tarantino tackle a sci-fi flick. I'm good on the alternate history films, I think.
A Tarantino sci/fi movie would be crazy...in a good way.

I always fantasied about a Tarantino superhero movie, but I feel the "superhero movie" is a little too played out by now.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
He was asked to do Green Latern but he declined.