Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Breast milk ice-cream.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/856408-...m-goes-on-sale

Quote:
The 35-year-old has already donated a litre of her breast milk to the new ice-cream parlour.

She spotted an advert on the Mumsnet internet forum offering money to potential suppliers.

Now Mrs Hiley, who works with women who have problems breast feeding, has provided the raw material for a new concoction called Baby Gaga.

‘What’s the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?’ said the mother of one from Leeds. ‘There’s nothing more natural than fresh mother’s milk.’

The London parlour pays £15 per third of a litre and already 15 mothers have taken up the offer.

Health checks for the lactating women are the same as those used by the NHS to screen blood donors.

Matt O’Connor, 44, who runs Icecreamists, blends the breast milk with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, which is then freshly churned.

He said he was confident his £14 Baby Gaga would go down a treat with customers.

‘No one’s done anything interesting with ice-cream in the last hundred years,’ he said.

‘Some people will hear about it and go, yuck! But actually it’s pure, organic, free range and totally natural.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/856408-...#ixzz1Ev9ldDXh
Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, cooking with breast milk is much more common that people would think, or like to believe. According to another set of parents I know, it makes a great bread as well.

If a person wanted to use that um, ability to turn a profit for themselves, go at it. I'd actually been thinking recently how weird it is that cows essentially get paid with food so that people may play with their nipples all day long. Up with people, and all that jive...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Is it served in jugs?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Except for the fact that animals that produce milk for the masses are mostly kept in stable enviroments with little stress and a minimal diet. Where as this a person that can conciously and willingly do all sorts of shit to their system that would probably adversly effect the final product over some sort of time span. Or so i would assume.

In Other news all the nation's milk must come from Hilary Swank's breasts.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Except for the fact that animals that produce milk for the masses are mostly kept in stable enviroments with little stress and a minimal diet. Where as this a person that can conciously and willingly do all sorts of shit to their system that would probably adversly effect the final product over some sort of time span. Or so i would assume.

In Other news all the nation's milk must come from Hilary Swank's breasts.

Nah, breast milk is really sterile. I mean, why do you think it would be good for babies, with weaker immune systems, but not adults?

Still though, I'm not down with trying it myself, and I can't say for certain why exactly. It makes more sense that other sources of milk, but I think it's more just the idea that you are eating something that came from another person. While this is fine for babies, who have just lived their whole lives doing this; it is definitely something people should grow out of.

All I can say with certainty is that there is no anxiety you will feel like the anxiety of thinking, "Oh, please don't be talking about the breast milk bread you made as a set up to asking me if I want any... Oh, please don't be talking about..."
Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
forget dat i just want titty-flavored ice cream i don't care bout no titty milk better yet just give me a fat titty to suck on i like to put my dick in between two fat fuckin tits
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Nah, breast milk is really sterile.
Urine is sterile. Doesn't mean I want to eat Pee Popsicles.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
forget dat i just want titty-flavored ice cream i don't care bout no titty milk better yet just give me a fat titty to suck on i like to put my dick in between two fat fuckin tits
I came to post something obnoxious involving titties, but this pretty much hit the nail on the head hahahaha
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't know why I wouldn't try this...I just wouldn't. I tried breast milk - I breastfed two kids. However...ice cream...I don't think I'd handle that well. for some reason.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Urine is sterile. Doesn't mean I want to eat Pee Popsicles.

Well, I was replying to the claim that breast milk is unsanitary.

Comparing breast milk to pee just isn't normal, Davey. What, did you have a Catholic priest as a wet nurse or something?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Comparing breast milk to pee just isn't normal, Davey. What, did you have a Catholic priest as a wet nurse or something?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty much with Bubba on this issue.

vesaker, there is so much wrong with your logic...breast milk is barely affected by diet or situation, at least not in the way you seem to describe.

I do find it weird how y'all can get freaked out about drinking milk from a human tit and yet you're dandy with drinking it from a cow/goat et al. It's not like I'm partial to it myself...I just think the whole concept of consuming breast milk ought to be normalised in some ways.

...and comparing breast milk to piss is either hyperbole or downright fucking idiotic. It reminds me of how reactionary twonks like to compare breast feeding in public places to whipping off your kecks and laying a big hot steaming one right beside them. Get the fuck out.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
It reminds me of how reactionary twonks like to compare breast feeding in public places to whipping off your kecks and laying a big hot steaming one right beside them. Get the fuck out.
Can you rephrase that last bit in English, please?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
...and comparing breast milk to piss is either hyperbole or downright fucking idiotic. It reminds me of how reactionary twonks like to compare breast feeding in public places to whipping off your kecks and laying a big hot steaming one right beside them. Get the fuck out.
Ouch! I was taking the piss(pun intended). I just wanted an excuse to bring up the concept of Pee Popsicles, which I'm considering patenting and selling to Japan btw. However, I don't like milk(which is probably why I'm 5'6) or ice cream in general so I probably won't try this stuff.

At my station, we ran this story today and I was pretty amused at how many people were disgusted by the concept. Even the anchor made a comment about it. A lot of the stuff we eat every day might be considered weird if you think about it. It mostly has to do with what's acceptable because you and those around you are used to it. I mean, there are people in this world that eat monkey brains and pig farts, and some people probably think it's gross that I put hot sauce on my bread-sticks; live and let live I guess.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:12 AM
I think vesaker's reaction is expected, and I knew Davey was joking, hence my joke (Davey is a Snake Handling Southern Baptist)

Everytime this comes up, what it is that gets me is what exactly is the aversion? I mean, I have it too...

Is it that as we become sexualized, the breasts take on a new meaning? I'd have to think it strays into this, and can't exactly place why --- I've also considered looking at it as having some sort of cannibal connotations, but by that rationale, with feeding babies naturally, that's not considered forced cannibalism.

I really don't know much about the topic, other than what I need to know, but I am curious if other among other cultures this is normal -- I don't think it is though. I've never seen any Nova specials or anything talking about grown ass people drinking human breast milk.

Maybe it's for that reason when I see things like this:

I just think, "Oh honey, does he not pay attention to you?"

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 02-25-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Old 02-25-2011, 04:08 AM
I would only buy designer.

Pure, uncut, 100% Salma Hayek's milk ice-cream

Mmmmmmmm

I'm gonna get me a Mamacita Magnum
Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Ouch! I was taking the piss(pun intended). I just wanted an excuse to bring up the concept of Pee Popsicles, which I'm considering patenting and selling to Japan btw. However, I don't like milk(which is probably why I'm 5'6) or ice cream in general so I probably won't try this stuff.

At my station, we ran this story today and I was pretty amused at how many people were disgusted by the concept. Even the anchor made a comment about it. A lot of the stuff we eat every day might be considered weird if you think about it. It mostly has to do with what's acceptable because you and those around you are used to it. I mean, there are people in this world that eat monkey brains and pig farts, and some people probably think it's gross that I put hot sauce on my bread-sticks; live and let live I guess.
Haha, I suspected you might be on the wind-up ...I was just putting on my ranty trousers because I'd had a glass or 12 of vino.

The picture of the lady holding up her breast pump is tres embarrassing.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Breast milk ice cream? You can't make this up, can you?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Is it served in jugs?
I love it!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I have to admit I would like to try a slice of grandma's old fashioned milk bread pudding, so I hope this catches on. Never liked the idea of drinking from a cow anyway. From a human though, seems natural. I'm down.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Since ppl seem to think my original post had any kind of intellectual merit behind it allow me to quote and bold for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Except for the fact that animals that produce milk for the masses are mostly kept in stable environments with little stress and a minimal diet. Where as this a person that can consciously and willingly do all sorts of shit to their system that would probably adversely effect the final product over some sort of time span. Or so i would assume.
The logic i was using though was that a person can do all sorts of things to themselves (limited only by ones imagination) which can had an ill effect on they're systems which could find their way into a woman's breast milk. I never gave even an estimation on the scale of the effect or it's duration. Sure it could be negligible but i don't know which is why i stated the above as an assumption.

The idea though is that if this became common place that you could end up with alcoholic drug addict wellfare collectors producing milk and it making it out to the public. Sure there would be health and safety standards for this but history has shown that greed is a horrible thing and lazy people cut corners all the time. This last bit was just a worse case scenario that popped into my head and not something i actually see happening. But you know, you never know

Quote:
Nah, breast milk is really sterile. I mean, why do you think it would be good for babies, with weaker immune systems, but not adults?
Well i was also under the belief that mothers who breast feed need to watch what they consume to help keep their output healthy. Again this is an assumption and the effects could be negligible but again has there actually been a study of the effects of breast milk from a crack whore?

Quote:
I'm pretty much with Bubba on this issue.

vesaker, there is so much wrong with your logic...breast milk is barely affected by diet or situation, at least not in the way you seem to describe.
Well that is good to know but i wonder what you are using as a standard for this? I'm sure a good caring mother that wants their child to be healthy who happened to have a few to many one night out on the town wouldn't effect the child all that much but what if the mom becomes an alcoholic or something? As i said before i doubt there's been much of a study done (though i wouldn't be surprised if there was, heh) so who knows what could happen to ya if the source was tainted enough.

Quote:
I do find it weird how y'all can get freaked out about drinking milk from a human tit and yet you're dandy with drinking it from a cow/goat et al. It's not like I'm partial to it myself...I just think the whole concept of consuming breast milk ought to be normalised in some ways.
Say what? Milk from cows and goats is the milk that is normalized. There are all sorts of standards and procedures for pasteurization and the like so that bar some sort of complication each carton/jug/bag of milk that comes from a single location is as much as the last. Now i'm sure these women are screened in some fashion at the moment but women (or even all people) are emotional and at times irrational beings that can cause serious short and long term harm to themselves at a much easier rate then cows and goats.

From what i read in the original post was that this milk is simply pumped out then mixed with some bit of flavour and then churned into ice cream. Now i'm sure that whole pasteurization bit has more to do with the fact that we are drinking milk from a different animal but i personally still would not touch dairy that was essentially just squeezed out of the animal or human alike

In the end though, the over analytical person i am and my habit of expecting the worst keeps me from thinking this is in any way a good idea. It just seems like there may be too much that could go wrong if ppl get lazy/greedy and it would all end badly. Or so i would assume
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminal Rock View Post
I have to admit I would like to try a slice of grandma's old fashioned milk bread pudding, so I hope this catches on. Never liked the idea of drinking from a cow anyway. From a human though, seems natural. I'm down.
See this is what I was kind of thinking, because we did drink human milk before drinking cow milk. Of course, we used to be naked all the time, and punk rock never would have been born if we didn't have any leather.

Yeah though, there is something that makes sense about it, so I'm seriously inclined to wonder what it is that makes it unappealing.

vesaker does hit a good point:

Quote:
The logic i was using though was that a person can do all sorts of things to themselves (limited only by ones imagination) which can had an ill effect on they're systems which could find their way into a woman's breast milk. I never gave even an estimation on the scale of the effect or it's duration. Sure it could be negligible but i don't know which is why i stated the above as an assumption.

The idea though is that if this became common place that you could end up with alcoholic drug addict wellfare collectors producing milk and it making it out to the public. Sure there would be health and safety standards for this but history has shown that greed is a horrible thing and lazy people cut corners all the time. This last bit was just a worse case scenario that popped into my head and not something i actually see happening. But you know, you never know
I think this along with my sexualization thought might hit the nail on the head.

When women are breast feeding they might be taking on different roles. Many will change their diets, stop consuming drugs and alcohol, and so on.

Then I also think the role of a breast (I know that might sound funny) changes during pregnancy, because generally they are looked at by both sexes as tools to get a mate (I really wanted to say fun bags) but during breastfeeding, they um, you know, I mean it's considered a fetish then, right?

So, you know, I think sometimes my instincts can work well, and here I think looking at the lady in the picture and thinking she might not have much fun with her jugs was right on the money.

Ultimately though, that's her prerogative. And hell, for all I know, maybe she makes ice cream to feed the crew of the fetish videos she also makes. This lady might do for breasts what Henry Ford did with the assembly line! They'll call it the mammary revolution and the women will bring us out of the recession. It will be a most glorious time!

Quote:
Well i was also under the belief that mothers who breast feed need to watch what they consume to help keep their output healthy. Again this is an assumption and the effects could be negligible but again has there actually been a study of the effects of breast milk from a crack whore?
Yeah, and all that stuff does pass through. Even with medications and certain foods like fish there are risk factors. There's even a scale for medicine that figures into a formula to determine if the benefit of giving a pregnant or breastfeeding mother a pill is greater than the risk.

The pasteurizing of milk and so forth is only to preserve the shelf life, and isn't really a factor. All it does is kill bacteria so that it'll last longer. I would imagine though that with like the way cows and animals are surrounded by shit and other nasty stuff, I'd prefer raw human milk to raw cow milk.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
I was thinking about trying to promote my spunk brownies but I figure it'll be a hard sell.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Look at this...then look at my avatar. Trippy...

Breast milk ice cream.
What exactly does it taste like?
That would be the decision maker for me.
I know. Let me sample some for free.

Ladies?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
See this is what I was kind of thinking, because we did drink human milk before drinking cow milk. Of course, we used to be naked all the time, and punk rock never would have been born if we didn't have any leather.

Yeah though, there is something that makes sense about it, so I'm seriously inclined to wonder what it is that makes it unappealing.
Well, imagine if you went next door to borrow a glass or whatever and some chick suddenly whips out a breast pump and starts hammering out a bottle of fresh lactate. I suppose it could be kind of awkward to know or even to interact with the woman who provides you with the milk, but that's only because we grew up buying it at a store in a plastic jug and shit, separated even from the cows it came from.. perhaps if we lived in a world where women were lactating daily and providing us of their precious flow this idea probably wouldn't sound so unappealing. In a world like that we could just go up to any ol dame and be like, "hey, can I have a drink?"
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Is it served in jugs?
Post of the month.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Breast milk is wonderful for you, it has tons of nutrients and antibodies. My children were breastfed and i am very proud of my wife for it. The ice cream thing is a little strange though.

Last edited by cloneofkelso; 02-25-2011 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Well, imagine if you went next door to borrow a glass or whatever and some chick suddenly whips out a breast pump and starts hammering out a bottle of fresh lactate. I suppose it could be kind of awkward to know or even to interact with the woman who provides you with the milk, but that's only because we grew up buying it at a store in a plastic jug and shit, separated even from the cows it came from.. perhaps if we lived in a world where women were lactating daily and providing us of their precious flow this idea probably wouldn't sound so unappealing. In a world like that we could just go up to any ol dame and be like, "hey, can I have a drink?"

Yeah, but if you are like me, I mean... it all always starts with a friendly drink.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Haha but if you're anything like me it all always starts with a handjob first, and then a drink. But only one.. after that we never speak again.

Last edited by Criminal Rock; 02-26-2011 at 01:31 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Haha but if you're anything like me it all always starts with a handjob first, and then a drink. But only one.. after that we never speak again.

Oh, I just meant that I always like to move on to a meal and might end up eating breast milk muffins along the way. Remember, my whole MO is based on the no human milk for me factor.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
The Government has stepped in and confiscated the breast-milk ice cream until more tests can be done on the safety of this product.

http://consumerist.com/2011/02/breas...ndon-shop.html

Man, some people are really grossed out by this concept. I didn't expect the Gov't to step in. Is this sort of thing illegal over there or is this a knee jerk reaction of the government going "Oh that shit is nasty!"
Old 02-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Titties
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
The Government has stepped in and confiscated the breast-milk ice cream until more tests can be done on the safety of this product.

http://consumerist.com/2011/02/breas...ndon-shop.html

Man, some people are really grossed out by this concept. I didn't expect the Gov't to step in. Is this sort of thing illegal over there or is this a knee jerk reaction of the government going "Oh that shit is nasty!"

It does make sense if you think about it as being similar to screening plasma donors. They probably don't want the Boobsie Magee the junkie that creekin described making money getting customers into all sorts of bad. Hm though, considering how intoxicants pass into breast milk, there could be some potential of Korova Milk Bar proportions.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Titties
What flavor?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
It does make sense if you think about it as being similar to screening plasma donors. They probably don't want the Boobsie Magee the junkie that creekin described making money getting customers into all sorts of bad. Hm though, considering how intoxicants pass into breast milk, there could be some potential of Korova Milk Bar proportions.
I get that, but something tells me the Gov't would not have snapped into action so swiftly if this was a case of some moldy hot dogs somewhere.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I'll only eat it if its 100% Cambodian.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
I get that, but something tells me the Gov't would not have snapped into action so swiftly if this was a case of some moldy hot dogs somewhere.
What are you talking about? They cite places for health code violations all the time. It probably wouldn't be an international story though.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Quote:
What are you talking about? They cite places for health code violations all the time. It probably wouldn't be an international story though.
Well I obviously don't know anything about how it works in the UK. However, if it's anything like how the FDA operates here it's got to be a real shit storm to cause them to get off their fat asses. I reported my girlfriends cooking, which is frankly just plain dangerous, to them weeks ago and they haven't done anything. I'm still at risk!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Well I obviously don't know anything about how it works in the UK. However, if it's anything like how the FDA operates here it's got to be a real shit storm to cause them to get off their fat asses. I reported my girlfriends cooking, which is frankly just plain dangerous, to them weeks ago and they haven't done anything. I'm still at risk!
Yeah, I guess it depends on where you are at. Florida is really good with keeping an eye on food service, but that's because it's tied in with tourism. I've seen some pretty insane stuff on shows like Kitchen Nightmares and on local new stories.

I do think there's a lot of corruption inherent in the inspection process. Have you noticed your girlfriend making large purchases, or being particularly in need of extra cash?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I guess it depends on where you are at. Florida is really good with keeping an eye on food service, but that's because it's tied in with tourism. I've seen some pretty insane stuff on shows like Kitchen Nightmares and on local new stories.
And the elderly. Don't forget them. If there was some food related out break and the state wasn't on top of it they might loose half the states population! Think of the lost tax dollars man!

Wait..... do the elderly even pay taxes?