Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
The Guilt Trip

Directed by Anne Fletcher

Written by Dan Fogelman

Genre: Comedy

Plot Outline: As inventor Andy Brewster is about to embark on the road trip of a lifetime, a quick stop at his mom's house turns into an unexpected cross-country voyage with her along for the ride.

Starring: Seth Rogen, Barbara Streisand

Rated PG-13 for language and some risque material

Runtime: 95 minutes

Looks really bad. Rogen's last couple of films (50/50 and Take This Waltz) have been really great, but this has paycheck written all over it.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Bourne, you have been a busy man tonight.

Sue me, I think this looks funny. I don't think Seth is being more selective these days. I think we might be used to his one pony act. I also think the best jokes are not in the trailer, or at least I hope not lol.

On the bad side, I think this movie has almost no market. The Babs market is really small and I still remember the failure of Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. I saw that movie in the theater and I still hate myself for it.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:25 AM
You know, I actually really liked this. It's nonsense, of course. But it was pretty funny and really sweet. There was definitely a particular resonance for me because it reminded me a lot of my relationship with my Mom - the constant nagging, the arguments, the annoyances, etc. Thusly I laughed because I recognized some truths or similarities. Babs cracks me up.