Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Cast Replaced for Season 8

Looking forward to seeing the "new cast" when season 8 premieres!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qIaBn3nQo

One of the best shows on TV!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I was talking to a friend, they BETTER have Osment be a brother of Mac's or a cousin in an episode. His delivery of the "just to get a base" line was PERFECT.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I just saw this last night, it was pretty funny, and got me excited for the new season. I agree that Haley Joel Osment was hilarious as Mac. Wow.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM
There has to be more than just this ad.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
There has to be more than just this ad.
It would be awesomely sad if there wasn't.

I agree, Osment is the perfect Mac replacement. His karate/dance moves are spot on.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
It would be awesomely sad if there wasn't.

I agree, Osment is the perfect Mac replacement. His karate/dance moves are spot on.
Yeah Osment is the shit. I laughed at his Mac impression.
Cant wait for this
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 AM
For those who wanted more and didn't read the main page, this 5 min behind the scenes promo is exactly what I wanted.

http://youtu.be/6wVdk_PCdgE
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
For those who wanted more and didn't read the main page, this 5 min behind the scenes promo is exactly what I wanted.

http://youtu.be/6wVdk_PCdgE

Thats the same video in my link (posted before it was on the front page). Did it not show up for you when you clicked it?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Thats the same video in my link (posted before it was on the front page). Did it not show up for you when you clicked it?
I think I saw the first 30s ad somewhere else and just assumed it was the same link.

Either way I want more. Their channel has a number of links.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlwaysSunnyonFX
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Spoiler:
Fuckin CHAEL SONNEN! The gangster from West Linn Oregon playing Dennis is the most awesome thing I've ever seen. I bet on him against Anderson Silva and already liked him for years since he fought Sobral, but goddamn it's like worlds colliding. Add in Andrew Dice Clay and the cute girl from Growing Pains and it's a fucking perfect storm of awesome. I saw Chael and thought "is that Chael Sonnen?" and figured no and then HOLY SHIT it is. I've just watched this for the first time so forgive my volume please. I already loved this show but it just shot up on my lovedar.

I'm gonna put this all in spoiler tags just in case.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM

God that first youtube comment got me good:

"Haley Joel Osment; the boy who grew to be a man, but his face didn't want to."
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I've just never been able to get into this show. I just find the characters too idiotic, mean-spritied, and just plain unlikable. As far as rauchy, semi-improvised sitcoms go, The League blows this one out of the water, IMO.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I am just super excited to see how the group handles rapist Dennis this season. His crazy ass antics in the finale last season were played to perfection. Funny how no one thought of him being a rapist before he pulled out his "kit".
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
I've just never been able to get into this show. I just find the characters too idiotic, mean-spritied, and just plain unlikable. As far as rauchy, semi-improvised sitcoms go, The League blows this one out of the water, IMO.
I can understand where you're coming from. I know some folks that feel thte same way.

Personally, I love how mean spirited it is. Dennis is my favorite character and my idol. Just the biggest asshole on tv. His D.E.N.N.I.S System was a thing of beauty haha.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I hope they continue last season's trend and have DeVito throw up in nearly every episode.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I can understand where you're coming from. I know some folks that feel thte same way.

Personally, I love how mean spirited it is. Dennis is my favorite character and my idol. Just the biggest asshole on tv. His D.E.N.N.I.S System was a thing of beauty haha.
Dennis is my favorite too. I can never forget in the hurricane episode when the teenage girls ask Dennis if they can bring their boyfriends to his bunker party and he just gives them a look and goes, "GET OUT OF HERE!"
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 PM
So my university's football is on FX (WVU), and EVERY It's Always Sunny spot is about the new cast...do you think it might actually happen for an episode? Like, every ad is about the new cast.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
So my university's football is on FX (WVU), and EVERY It's Always Sunny spot is about the new cast...do you think it might actually happen for an episode? Like, every ad is about the new cast.

It has to happen.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:54 PM
1) The imdb posters are idiots.. well 1 of them is: they are saying that they hope this doesnt happen! Obviously this is a piece of hilarious advertising, I dont get how anyone can take it as real!

2) Candace Cameron is smoking hot!

3) This show is by far the best thing on TV right now, i really hope it stays on the air for a long ass time.

4) Im fat, i need to know how the hell Rob lost all his weight!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post

4) Im fat, i need to know how the hell Rob lost all his weight!

It probably helps to hav his kind of salary and a personal trainer on set. I wish I could do that as easy as he seems to have, well maybe not easy, but in the time it took. Rob is the man.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 AM
ya man, a personal trainer would be nice! And so would being married to Kaitlin Olsen and so would have created one of the funniest shows of all time.. fuck man, I may have to Single White Female him!

Cuz right now I have lots of built up mass, jabroni!

Man, this thread has made me want to go back and watch all the seasons on DVD again, and i will do just that!

I love that the first Blu Ray season that came out, they talk about how the show wasnt shot in HD so buying Blu Ray really makes no difference, all while driving a very expensive car... super hilarious
Old 10-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed that the "new cast" didn't show up. Obviously they aren't gonna really replace the gang, but I thought there would be something. Like maybe if they'd done the cold opening, and then the real cast walks in and everyone just looks at each other and then credits. That woulda been pwn as hell. This show doesn't really do meta very much so that might not exactly fit, but something, by gum. Maybe they'll pop up later.

Otherwise, decent episode. The dog pound thing didn't really feel like it delivered, and just kinda trailed off, but it's the little things with this show like Frank stuck in the trunk that are lulz as fuck.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:39 AM
I enjoyed the episode.. always glad to see Brian Unger show up as the lawyer!

But ya man, even if we dont get the other "Fake" cast in any episodes.. Haley Joel Osment has to come back and play like a cousin or something to Ronald McDonald (Mac)(Just watched my season 7 Blu Ray's!!)... him and Mcelhenney look nearly identical and I laugh my ass off every time I see the commercial where Osment says "Just to get a nice Base"!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Not quite the opener I was expecting. That cast swap video had my hopes up pretty high. Overall though a solid episode in stride with the previous seasons so looking forward to more!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
ya man, a personal trainer would be nice! And so would being married to Kaitlin Olsen and so would have created one of the funniest shows of all time.. fuck man, I may have to Single White Female him!

Cuz right now I have lots of built up mass, jabroni!
Cut out the bread for starters. Carbs are a crazy ex you just keep coming back to for the awesome sex and paying the price later for.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Solid episode and in the past, some seasons have taken a couple episodes to really hit their stride. I am not worried because there were plenty of moments that had me laughing very hard. Charlie in braces with the metal wires sticking out of his mouth and his lips was definitely one of them.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
That was definitely something special.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
That was meta and throwback. Great episode.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 AM
I loved their version of a clip show. The Wildcard stuff and any Dee/Frank scenes were my favorite parts.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 AM
The first reveal of Mac on the back of the limo had me almost do a spit take!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Dee in brown face (if that is the correct term) has me loling for real.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
"Politics is just one big ass blast".
Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 AM
On second viewing the exchange between Mac, Charlie, and Dennis in the parking lot is so amazing.

"What do you think is happening right now?"

"It's good"

lol, full on retarded Charlie is the best.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM
I actually wondered, for the briefest of seconds, if I was watching an old episode when Mac threw that cup down after "throwaway society." Dee catching on got me almost excited, 'cuz that's a brand of humor I can't remember them having used before. "The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell" is the only thing they've done that was even close to internally meta. I can't help but wonder why this wasn't the season premiere. Last week's was okay but nowhere near one of their best, while this week's definitely was. I agree with FrankTheTank about the parking lot conversation and especially Mac's delivery of that line, I was in legit hysterics. Awesome episode, and it has me looking forward to the season in a way that last week's didn't. Shoulda reversed the order imo.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
I actually wondered, for the briefest of seconds, if I was watching an old episode when Mac threw that cup down after "throwaway society." Dee catching on got me almost excited, 'cuz that's a brand of humor I can't remember them having used before. "The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell" is the only thing they've done that was even close to internally meta. I can't help but wonder why this wasn't the season premiere. Last week's was okay but nowhere near one of their best, while this week's definitely was. I agree with FrankTheTank about the parking lot conversation and especially Mac's delivery of that line, I was in legit hysterics. Awesome episode, and it has me looking forward to the season in a way that last week's didn't. Shoulda reversed the order imo.
The production code number indicates that this should've been the premiere but they went with Pop Pop instead. I've watched this one several times now and it gets better each time, way better than last week.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Loved when Mac leaned in to kiss Dennis and everyone did a double-take. The show has been playing with Mac's sexuality for a long time.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Last night's episode was the best of the season. Classic Sunny.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Last night's episode was the best of the season. Classic Sunny.
Yes.

Dee's physical comedy was amazing and wow at the unexpected ending with Charlie showing a dark side. Great stuff and made better by the return of Mac's sweet karate moves and Dennis popping his shirt off.

I've loved all the episodes aside from the forgettable premiere. Halloween episode was nuts.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 11-03-2012 at 01:00 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
This last episode was hilarious. It was weird to see Charlie being such a selfish douche, but I loved it. I always described this show as "horrible people doing horrible things to each other and everyone they meet." Charlie was typically the exception. Always a little innocent and kind of pitiable. Never envisioned he could be such a schemer. Best episode of the season so far.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
This season is really picking up some steam now. Great episode.