Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
"From the Producers of Paranormal Activity and Insidious."

I get it that Jason Blum is involved with a lot but I'm getting pretty tired of seeing it again and again in my horror trailers.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM

haha
totally agree with this rant
Its very annoying and it seems like every god damn horror movie that comes out nowadays is from those jackasses behind Paranormal Activity.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
I feel like studios put producer credits in the trailer when they can't get a good director or writer on board.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Damn, I thought this was going to be a much broader rant: Why should we give a fuck what other films the producer was attached to?

Scott Mosier produced Good Will Hunting, but can you imagine how infinitely stupid it would be to have Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back advertised as "from the Producer of Good Will Hunting"?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
I always hated the ole "From the ....." whatever of this other movie you liked. It holds not water for me. I judge each movie on its own. I have been around too long to be fooled by an attached name.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I always hated the ole "From the ....." whatever of this other movie you liked. It holds not water for me. I judge each movie on its own. I have been around too long to be fooled by an attached name.
But what if it's a name you like or respect? Not saying that's the case with the subject of this thread, but they're are certain producers and filmmakers out there that are pretty consistent with good quality films.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM

I heard that next year Tobe Hooper will celebrate 40 years of using "from the director of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre"