Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Shia LeBeouf Quits Traditional Studio Flicks

Shia, talking about his new film Nymphomaniac. I thought this part was interesting.

Quote:
As for LaBeouf, the ex-child star known for his roles in the Transformers movies and the latest Indiana Jones installment has traded standard studio fare for indie films.

"I'm done," he vents to The Hollywood Reporter in this week's issue. "There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist. You give Terrence Malick a movie like Transformers, and he's f---ed. There's no way for him to exist in that world."
Whenever this dude talks, I tend to agree with him, but for some reason, he just comes off as a douche to me. I understand he doesn't want to do those studio movies any more. Fine. But I don't like the tone he uses. He bashes what made him famous. In this case, Transformers. Previously, it was Indiana Jones. Such a tool.

Full article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...omaniac-363931
Old 08-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I bet once he'll need the money he'll change his mind. A lot of actors will do the occasional big blockbuster so they can do their pet projects, the smaller movies that matter to them. That is, if he hasn't burnt any bridges at this point.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 AM
He should just quit acting. Full stop. I never could stand him. Twerp he is
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm hopeful that he'll do well in more independent pictures. Perhaps he's secretly a good actor and has just been given crap to work with. Here's his chance to prove that that may be the case and I hope it's true.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
He should just quit acting. Full stop. I never could stand him. Twerp he is
Yes. This.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Eh, he's been saying this kind of shit for as long as I can remember. Anyone catch him on the Project Greenlight show? He basically has no filter and talks shit nonstop, cursing up a storm, all while sitting next to his mom on set.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Cool maybe he will stop being in movies that would otherwise be enjoyable. I cannot stand him as an actor, yet he somehow makes it into stuff i want to see. I'm still not convinced that he is actually a box office draw anyways. His biggest movies were Transformers series and Indiana Jones 4, neither of which were any bigger because of his presence.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM
He should learn from his co star and shut his mouth. He is in no position to say anything. Be smart and if you want to stop doing studio movies, stop doing studio movies. No one makes you do them. You did them and got rich and famous. Congrats. You can do whatever you want now, but don't bite the hand that fed you. Especially, since you will be back when you want more money, because there is very little of that to be made with non studio movies.

Mix it up you douche.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Can't stand the douche (but I'll still see Lawless cause of the rest of the cast & Hillcoat)

Also, I still haven't recovered from seeing him in that Sigur Ros music video. JFC that was just wrong.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
He goes from Even Stevens to being the or one of, the main characters in two big franchises, then complains about there being a lack of vision in studio movies? Since when did he even appear to care about vision after being in three Transformers' movies and is now going to do independent films? And let me guess, when he doesn't get recognition from those, he'll revert back to studio movies because he wants to be considered versatile or some other load of crap.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Can't stand the douche (but I'll still see Lawless cause of the rest of the cast & Hillcoat)
His presence is enough to keep me from seeing things. I really like several of the cast of Lawless, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
He goes from Even Stevens to being the or one of, the main characters in two big franchises, then complains about there being a lack of vision in studio movies? Since when did he even appear to care about vision after being in three Transformers' movies and is now going to do independent films? And let me guess, when he doesn't get recognition from those, he'll revert back to studio movies because he wants to be considered versatile or some other load of crap.
This.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
As Shia continues to become a bigger douche, I keep asking myself, "What the fuck did Carey Mulligan see in this little shit?"
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
He basically has no filter and talks shit nonstop, cursing up a storm, all while sitting next to his mom on set.
Yeah, he definitely rubs me the wrong way. I agree with some of things he said (for example, a "visionary" like Malick couldn't make Transformers work the way the studio wanted it to) but he should know when to keep his mouth shut. He just comes off as ungrateful and entitled.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Eh, he's been saying this kind of shit for as long as I can remember. Anyone catch him on the Project Greenlight show? He basically has no filter and talks shit nonstop, cursing up a storm, all while sitting next to his mom on set.
Oh, I have that on DVD! Gotta watch it now just to see that!

Still waiting for Project Greenlight season 3 to be released. I mean, I HATED Feast. It was an ungodly piece of shit. But I still want to see the PGL season of the making of it.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
lmao such a great episode
Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 AM
More LaBeouf goodness.

My favorite part is bolded.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/28/shia-labeouf-acid/

Quote:
Shia LaBeouf will drop acid and drink moonshine, as long as it's for a role

by Hillary Busis

Move over, Daniel Day-Lewis: Shia LaBeouf is taking method acting (and imposing hair growth) to a whole new level.

First, the former Disney Channel star told MTV that he may actually have sex on camera for his role in Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac: “There’s a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, ‘We’re doing it for real,’” LaBeouf said. “Anything that is ‘illegal’ will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening… It’s going to be a wild movie, man. It’s going to be a wild movie.”

Now the actor says he also went all the way — in a sense — while making both Mob story The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman and bootlegging saga Lawless. LaBeouf told USA Today that he actually got drunk on moonshine while filming Lawless scenes in which his character did the same. Similarly, LaBeouf claims he really dropped acid to prepare for a Necessary Death scene in which his character trips.

“There’s a way to do an acid trip like Harold & Kumar, and there’s a way to be on acid,” the Disturbia star explained. “What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that [electric] chair in Dead Man Walking. These are the guys that I look up to.” He neglected to mention that Penn wasn’t really electrocuted.

What dedication to his craft! Not just any actor would have sex or take drugs purely for research purposes. Imagine what might have happened if LaBeouf has always been this devoted to verisimilitude. He actually made friends with a robot car for Transformers! He really impregnated Carey Mulligan during Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps! He reverse-Flowers-For-Algernon‘d himself for the Disney Channel original movie Tru Confessions! The possibilities are endless — unless LaBeouf is only committed to doing the fun stuff.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
He bashes what made him famous. In this case, Transformers.
Actually I it was Even Stevens that introduced him to the world which frankly, I really enjoyed.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't mind him and I enjoy the new path he's going down. I thought he was solid in Disturbia and REALLY good in Lawless. It's not like he's the first actor to air their grievances. I can't blame him for not wanting Transformers to be his only mark/legacy as an actor. Those movies suck.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Well he can bitch all he wants now that he made his money.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
I don't mind him and I enjoy the new path he's going down. I thought he was solid in Disturbia and REALLY good in Lawless. It's not like he's the first actor to air their grievances. I can't blame him for not wanting Transformers to be his only mark/legacy as an actor. Those movies suck.
Indeed. Now that's he free from the Transfomers franchise, he really seems to be making some interesting choices and looks like he's been giving some good performances. I can't wait for The Company You Keep. Big Redford fan, the cast is great and the trailer looks fantastic.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Damn. Before I saw the full title of this thread it read "Shia LeBeuf Quits...". I became so happy all of a sudden because the first thing I thought of for the word that came after was "Acting."

Now, I'm not so happy.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Might be because he is not getting any good offers these days. He does have the rep that he is hard to work with and he is a short little fuck of a human. He does not have mass appeal. I think it is more like Hollywood is quiting him
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
As Shia continues to become a bigger douche, I keep asking myself, "What the fuck did Carey Mulligan see in this little shit?"
She could always borrow his clothes?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM

"He bashes Transformers."

He should. Transformers was crap, that's why all of us skipped it and didn't see it in theaters.

What don't you people understand? Transformers was a Michael Bay masturbation fest and not the art it could have been on screen. That's just a fact. That is why ticket sales weren't up to par, why Megan Fox revealed her true colors, why everyone who "loved" the movie secretly talked about how crappy it was.

You want a real flick? Watch Eagle Eye.

Now that, that was just damn good. Was it made by a major studio though? Nope, that's because it was art. A shame that almost no one has heard of it then. Which makes me hope to god they make a sequel.

I hope for many more films that stray from the big studio agenda.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
After seeing Lawless I will never watch a movie where he is the lead, unless there is a lot of sfx and cgi. He's just not charismatic. He was especially miscast in Lawless since his mannerisms and attitude is just too contemporary...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Shut up Shia! He shouldnt slam the door on what made him famous, I dont see why he cant do both hollywood stuff and independent films too..
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 AM
I really hope he doesn't quit at all with his acting. He was so good in Lawless and his face is so expression. There is the movie Disturbia where he is so good too and that movie scares the heeby-jeebies out of me.

But I know some don't like him and so if he quits I understand. It is hard to be famous.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Shut up Shia! He shouldnt slam the door on what made him famous, I dont see why he cant do both hollywood stuff and independent films too..
My first experience was when i went to see Radiohead on their OK Computer tour. Great album but at some point in about 75% of the show , the people started screaming "CREEP-CREEP-CREEP!!!! and Tom Yorke stopped the music and said : "We are not playing that FUCKING song anymore!" then 16,000 people went BOOOOH! for 2 minutes

It's the same with Shia ...... I'm not saying he is gonna be great and maybe he just did it for the money , it's not like any of his movies required actual skills to be a decent actor. Maybe he will crash and burn .... will be interesting to watch. Chloe Sevigny sucked cock on screen and she's a pretty fine actress ( her stint in AHS season 2 is a good proof i think )
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 AM
...thank you?