Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Justified Season 4

Less than 24 hours until the return of Raylan Givens, Boyd Crowder and company. Anybody here as excited as I am? This is one of my absolute favorite shows. And every article I've read about this new season is sounding great.

The only disappointing thing about the season is we are gonna get a lot less of Winona unfortunately. Natalie Zea is on the new Fox show The Following with Kevin Bacon and it sounds like she's only going to appear in 3 episodes this season.

Other than that though, this season should be ace.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm right there with you being pumped, 'movies. Coolest show on TV? The case can be made. But unlike you, I've read next to nothing about this upcoming season, so I'm gonna go in blind. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Winn Duffy's gonna be a regular this season, right? I fuckin hope so.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to it.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 AM
The thing with the airbag is right up there with him calling the guy's bluff when he was pretending to have dynamite.

Great to see Ron Eldard on this show.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Maybe I'm just being forgetful, but was the first time this show has ever had nudity in it? At the beginning when they showed that girl's ass.

Good premiere. Looking forward to getting into this mystery surrounding what was found in the wall.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Yep pretty solid first episode a few good laughs, particulalry the 'take care of him' scene. Nice to have my weekly fix of Goggins back.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Maybe I'm just being forgetful, but was the first time this show has ever had nudity in it? At the beginning when they showed that girl's ass.
I think it's the first time they've shown anything that any sane person wanted to see.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh, the show actually has a lot of hot women. Ava, Winona, the bartender that Raylan is still seeing. I can't remember if they ever came close to showing any kind of nudity with those 3. I think there might have been a hot scene or two with the bartender.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 AM
too redneck for the average non-american viewer
Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Haven't we seen Dewey's ass a few times? That's more what I was thinking of.

I love Winona. I'm sorry we're only going to see her sporadically this year, (although I am all over The Gathering.)
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM
I just started watching Justified. I'm 4 episodes in, and so far this show feels a lot like Walker Texas Ranger. Please tell me that this show gets better, because I'm finding it very hard to continue on.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
I just started watching Justified. I'm 4 episodes in, and so far this show feels a lot like Walker Texas Ranger. Please tell me that this show gets better, because I'm finding it very hard to continue on.
Once you get past the first season the show is a lot better and follows a single story throughout a season rather than a new case each episode.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Man, I love the first season. In fact if I were to rank the seasons it would go: season 3, 1 and 2. Of course it's way too early in season 4 to rank it. I thought it was Boyd's best season because I couldn't tell if he was for real or if he was full of shit. And what his father does and that whole story, I thought it was so gripping.

I tried to be as vague as possible so as not to ruin it for Bob. But yeah, season 1 rocked IMO!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Man, I love the first season. In fact if I were to rank the seasons it would go: season 3, 1 and 2. Of course it's way too early in season 4 to rank it. I thought it was Boyd's best season because I couldn't tell if he was for real or if he was full of shit. And what his father does and that whole story, I thought it was so gripping.

I tried to be as vague as possible so as not to ruin it for Bob. But yeah, season 1 rocked IMO!
Funny, I would rate two as the best. The last few episodes and the first episode of season 1 were great IMO, but a lot of the rest seemed like filler to me, I agree with you about the Boyd storyline, though.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Most people seem to think season 2 is the best. I think it's because most people love the Bennett's. But not me. I mean, Margo Martindale was fantastic and deserved to win her Emmy. But the Bennett clan are still my least favorite villains of the show which is my main reason why season 2 is my least favorite.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Quite a bit going on in this season so far, I like it
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I have a seriously major fear and loathe snakes, so that snake scene made me cringe.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
I have a seriously major fear and loathe snakes, so that snake scene made me cringe.
Oh yeah that scene made me squirm and let out a little noise, too, brutal.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Tim really brought the funny last night.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Tim really brought the funny last night.
Marshall stiffy haha.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Art started that but Tim's running with it.

I especially loved:

Raylan: "I've got a lot on my mind."

Tim: "You hide it well."
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Holy crap! I just read that the priest with all the snakes whom Boyd is up against is the kid from Jurassic Park! Man, he's changed a LOT! I didn't even recognize him!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Holy crap! I just read that the priest with all the snakes whom Boyd is up against is the kid from Jurassic Park! Man, he's changed a LOT! I didn't even recognize him!
I knew it was him but mainly because I recognised him from The Pacific.

I've seen some people on another forum complain about this season, so far, any one here agree with them? I've been enjoying it so far.

Last edited by Hucksta G; 01-30-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
I've seen some people on another forum complain about this season, so far, any one here agree with them? I've been enjoying it so far.
This season has definitely been at a far more deliberate pace but I'm okay with that. The show is extremely entertaining and enjoyable. As long as the pay off is worth it then I don't think the slow pace is a problem.

That said, this past week's episode was a rather sub par episode. It was incredibly disappointing that they waste the entire episode with Raylan going after the hot bartender and her husband and his money. Maybe I wouldn't mind it there were more of a payoff but there really isn't much of an ending.

Fortunately, not all of the episode was bad. While the Raylan stuff didn't work, fortunately, the other main story going on did work. In fact, it worked rather marvelously. All of the stuff involving Boyd and Ava and Ellen May was just fantastic. The tension at the end of the episode when it is revealed that they are setting up Ellen May to be killed was extremely palpable.

Unfortunately, I knew Ellen May wasn't going to die because I'm facebook friends with Jim Beaver and he inadvertently gave away that Ellen May doesn't die tonight

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODES!!!

Spoiler:
The reason being that he inadvertently gave away that Ellen May doesn't die this week or any time soon is because he posted on facebook about working with Abby Miller in later episodes.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't characterize the Raylan part of the episode as disappointing, but the thing with Crowder, Inc. dealing with that situation was more dramatic and tense. It's almost like that was the A story and Raylan's pursuit was the B.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah I didn't have a problem with the Raylan story, but it did comes across secondary to the Crowder company's story.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Well there goes my theory that Ava called Mary Ellen to warn her, thus giving her a conflict with Boyd for the season. I still am liking the direction of this story. But I don't think it's good news for Jim Beaver seeing as how the only character that can take out Boyd is Raylan.

Two things of note for this week's episode:

- it was great to see Winona again. I wish she would be on the show more. Unfortunately, I read she's only in 3 episodes this season.

- it was great that we finally got see Raylan and Boyd together in the same scene. It was a good scene too. More of these two together please.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I second both of those motions.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 AM
I didn't mind the slow pace of this season's Justified a few episodes ago, but my patience is starting to wan. I really hope this story starts to actually go somewhere and fast. Nice scene at the end though when Boyd proposes to Ava.

But c'mon Justified writers. We're six episodes into the season now. Stop meandering and go somewhere finally!

That's not to mean that there wasn't worth while moments in the episode. There definitely were some good moments. Besides the proposal and Ava telling Boyd how she keeps seeing Ellen May's face but also every scene with Jim Beaver, especially his scenes with Raylan. And the scenes between Tom and his friend. All good moments.

Still, I wish we would finally have some real forward progression in the main story line.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Pretty good episode. I would still say this is the weakest season of the show yet, though I suppose if the back half is stellar that could change. No way will this end up being as good as season 1 and 3 though. But I enjoyed this episode. I hope Raylan got to tap that ass, with the girl in the hotel. She was hot. Hotter than the bartender. Though not as hot as Winona. I doubt it'll happen, but I really hope that Raylan and Winona get back together some time down the line. Maybe after the baby is born.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
I really don't mind either the leisurely pace or the lack of an overarching single enemy. This show works best when it uses it's core characters and it's been doing that exceptionally well this year.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
I really don't mind either the leisurely pace or the lack of an overarching single enemy. This show works best when it uses it's core characters and it's been doing that exceptionally well this year.
That's how I'm feeling about the season, too
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
As odd as this might seem...

Spoiler:
I thought more people were going to die tonight. Specifically, that little gaggle of murderous swingers who Boyd coralled at his place.

As for Arlo...you can't ever be surprised by anything that happens on this show.

Ever.

I love Duffy's dry sense of humor.

"...who has apparently killed more people than malaria."
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 AM
You thought MORE people would die?! This episode already contained many deaths as it is anyways. This episode was a bloodbath.

And I definitely foresee more deaths happening.

As much as I love the guy, I don't see Wayne Duffy lasting beyond this season. I also think Boyd's cousin Johnny will bite it soon since he's been secretly against Boyd this whole time. And maybe Ron Eldard's character. I know after last night's episode I want him to die. What an evil bastard that guy is. Making that one guy think he wasn't going to kill him. Mind you, I knew he would but it was still a shocking scene.

Great episode. I think things are gonna start moving soon. I read in TV Guide magazine that we'll finally find out who Drew Thompson is very soon. And that should allow the plot to finally go somewhere.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I expected about that many deaths, they were just distributed a little differently than I thought they would be.

It won't surprise me at all if Boyd will turn out to have known about Johnny all along and been staying one step ahead of him the whole way. He and Raylan are two of a kind that way.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Okay, is there anybody who doesn't think Shelby is Drew Thompson? Raise your hands.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Oh, Arlo...

PS Wynn Duffy has the most awesome "Jack Nicholson" eyebrows, except they're even more turned up. They're like, over 9000!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 AM

Holy shit! The identity of who Drew Thompson is totally blew me away! What an awesome, amazing twist! Totally didn't see it coming!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Boyd's realization face was hilarious.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Good episode this week but next week looks amazing. I'm worried though that there could be some casualties.