Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Enter your nominations....now!

For anyone who wants to get an early start on posting their GOLDEN SCHMOES nominations this year, we no longer ask members to post their picks in different threads in our forums, now you can LOGIN as a JOBLO/MFC member at the following link, and enter your picks (you can edit/change them until Jan. 31st): http://tinyurl.com/72klsj3.

If you want more info on how the GOLDEN SCHMOES work, check out our FAQ thread here: http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144559.

If you want to remind yourself of the 2011 movies list, go here: http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/...&show_all=true.

Check out our FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION thread (and picks) here:
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144560.

Please post any BUGS/PROBLEMS you find with the nominations process below. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't think my nominations for Best Director are being counted. Usually the little arrow icon next to the category turns into an X when you save your nominations but I tried it three times and it won't change so I'm not sure if they're registering or not.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Action sequence, memorable scene, and best line are all coming up blank after I save them. Celeb is also leaving me with a single letter in each slot. Everything else works well though. I dig the new format.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Best Line in a Movie is also not registering for me.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Can we not enter movies that do not come under Auto-Complete?

Also My Favourite Celebrity just comes across as A r r a y, downwards.

Last edited by Hucksta G; 01-14-2012 at 12:52 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
Can we not enter movies that do not come under Auto-Complete?
?

Wondering the same thing. It seems if I enter a movie not in the auto complete system, even a fairly popular multi-award winning one like A Separation, it disappears once I try to save and move on to the next one.

Is there any way to vote for movies not in whatever existing database there is.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
?

Wondering the same thing. It seems if I enter a movie not in the auto complete system, even a fairly popular multi-award winning one like A Separation, it disappears once I try to save and move on to the next one.

Is there any way to vote for movies not in whatever existing database there is.
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I tried voting for Woody Harrelson in Rampart, but it wouldn't let me.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I tried voting for Woody Harrelson in Rampart, but it wouldn't let me.
Yep me too.

Same with Tyrannosaur, Incendies and Snowtown (although I believe Snowtown may be coming out in the US 2012 so that one is understandable.)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Edit...

I was able to get it to work, it just took some patience on some of my selections.

Last edited by SpikeDurden; 01-16-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
All of the BUGS in this thread should be fixed by now. Let us know if something still doesn't work.

If a film does NOT auto-complete, it's likely a very small movie that we don't have in our database (and in turn, would likely not garner enough votes to make it into the top 5 anyway) or a film opening in 2012 (like RAMPART).

Thanks for your patience but please keep posting BUGS if you notice anyway. It's our first year trying this out, so it might get a little "sticky"..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Won't accept Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Trust.

Granted Trust isn't likely to get any nominations but Tucker and Dale seems to be quite popular amongst horror fans. At the moment it's got over 33 thousand votes on imdb and a 7.6 rating so I think it does have a chance to got a nomination for best horror. Besides it's already been reviewed on this site and costar Katrina Bowden is at the moment the Arrow mistress of the week (take a guess which movie the picture is from).

So yeah I do think this film should be accepted.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill graham View Post
Won't accept Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Trust.

Granted Trust isn't likely to get any nominations but Tucker and Dale seems to be quite popular amongst horror fans. At the moment it's got over 33 thousand votes on imdb and a 7.6 rating so I think it does have a chance to got a nomination for best horror. Besides it's already been reviewed on this site and costar Katrina Bowden is at the moment the Arrow mistress of the week (take a guess which movie the picture is from).

So yeah I do think this film should be accepted.
Agreed
Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL has been added.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
All of the BUGS in this thread should be fixed by now. Let us know if something still doesn't work.
Best Line in a Movie still isn't registering my picks.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Pry stupid questions:

Is there still going to be the traditional voting? Where we just post 5 pics in the thread?

And 2) more of a behind the scenes question: How will the people that volunteer to count up the votes be able to get the results from this early voting thing on MFC?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Pry stupid questions:

Is there still going to be the traditional voting? Where we just post 5 pics in the thread?

And 2) more of a behind the scenes question: How will the people that volunteer to count up the votes be able to get the results from this early voting thing on MFC?
No, this new system has replaced the old system.

One of the reasons we did this is BECAUSE we weren't getting enough volunteers to count them up anyway, so this makes it easier on everyone.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Im digging the new system, however I went in to add some more nominations, but my selections are not saving.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I too just went to vote and the Auto Fill was not working and my choices did not save. (only filled in the Favorite Movie Part, not sure if it was all the categories, but didn't feel like spending the time to find out)
Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Autofill not working for me and edits not saving..
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Yep me too.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Not much is happening for me. I fill in movies (auto-complete not working), but I still fill out the my fave movies. I click "Save Nominee/Next Category" and it sends me to the same page with five empty slots.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Not much is happening for me. I fill in movies (auto-complete not working), but I still fill out the my fave movies. I click "Save Nominee/Next Category" and it sends me to the same page with five empty slots.
Same here.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
Im digging the new system, however I went in to add some more nominations, but my selections are not saving.

Anyone else having this issue?
This is a temporary problem that will be fixed on Monday. Sorry folks. I wish someone would have emailed me directly to alert me though...
Old 01-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
This is a temporary problem that will be fixed on Monday. Sorry folks. I wish someone would have emailed me directly to alert me though...
This should be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
This should be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.
It is working now. Thank you! Sorry, I definitely should have shot you an email about it.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Glad to see the bugs were worked out before the nominations closed.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
It is working now. Thank you!
Really? I've tried in both a PC and a Mac (just in case), and nothing.