Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
The Blair Witch Project (a few days ago)

4/10

I sat through the whole thing and thought it was a pointless movie

Premium Rush (yesterday)

9/10

better than I expected

Puss n Boots

8.5/10

"the first rule of bean club is you don't talk about bean club" haha

the story with humpty dumpty and Puss n boots is one of the most original and funny sequences I have seen in a cartoon in a while

The Quiet Family

10/10

Kim Ji-Woon is officially one of my favorite writer/directors. hard to believe this movie was made by the same person who made I saw the Devil. it's really funny and may have the best opening song ever haha
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 AM
The Hunt (9/10)
Cache (8/10)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 AM
ROAD HOUSE - 5/10

Although my score doesn't really reflect it, this is quite a funny movie that is fun to watch every few years.

POINT BREAK - 7/10

Pretty solid action flick, stuck squarely in 1990-1992. For better AND for worse.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 AM
V/H/S 2 - 7/10

Gareth Evan's short has extraordinary audacity. His is one of the best horror films (short or not) of recent times.

Before Midnight - 9/10

Sublime. It sits behind Upstream Color as the years best thus far.

Behind the Candelabra - 9/10

Vertigo - 10/10

Takashi Miike's Imprint - 3/10
Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM
White House Down

I guess the era of the carbon copy film didnt end in the late 80's or early 90's.Remember all of
those body switching comedies(18 Again,Vice Versa,Like Father ,Like Son ?? UGH!!)
3 Months after the assault and taking of the White House flick Olympus Has Fallen,along
comes White House Down with slight differences and less grit than Olympus Has Fallen.

WHD has an extremely slow start introducing Channing Tatum as John Cale,gunning
for a spot in the Presidents detail of the secret service,with his history loving daughter Joey King as Emily Cale
in tow.Then finally all hell breaks lose and the fun rollercoaster ride begins.
Jamie Foxx as James Sawyer, the President of United States does his best Obama impersonation.
Tatum does his tank top wearing Die Hard best,James Woods chews scenery as if he hasnt eaten in months.
Throw in Maggie Gyllenhaal as Carol Finnerty, a Secret Service agent and Richard Jenkins as Eli Raphelson,
the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and a few more character actors,that manage to remain
straight faced through the most preposterous moments in the film.

There are a lot of great one liners,action sequences and Tatum and Foxx play well together.
I must admit some moments are quite rousing and applauding.

Some moments are loaded with super cheese and there is a unnecessary turn late in the film's already 2 hour
plus running time that just extends the film to bloated land.

A fun romp but just a little to long.

Scale of 1-10 a 7½

The Heat

In The Heat Director Paul Feig ,writer Katie Dippold,Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy have created one of the funniest comedy
duos to ever hit the big screen.
When Bullock's uptight,by the book,F.B.I agent Sarah Ashburn who consistently shows up her fellow agents meets up with the brash and
crass Detective Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) it's comedy gold.She easily chafes at her methods as the try to take down some
sadistic drug dealers.She becomes constantly frustrated with Mullins which is only part of the hilarity.
McCarthy is amazing,as the foul mouthed Mullins.There is a running gag in the film that should have grown tiresome but McCarthy
consistently makes it work.

Even with scenes that are surprisingly bloody,violent and dramatic,The Heat never loses its sense of humor.Great turns by the supporting cast
equal to some very funny moments.

The Heat definitely has some cliched moments,and some characters are under used,but the over the top fun moments definitely
outweigh anything bad i can say about the film.

Bring on The Heat 2

Scale of 1-10 an 8½
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM

In the Line of Fire(1993)-8/10
Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM

The Watch
5/10
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM
The Scapegoat with Alec Guinness - Guinness is excellent once again in this film about a man duped by his exact double into pretending to act as the double for nefarious purposes. The film is a solid crime story and it is slowly revealed what the evil double's purpose is. 8/10

Evil Sexy Genius - A woman brings her exes together in order to get revenge on the ones she believes have wronged her. Katie Sackoff was pretty good as the devious woman and Michelle Trachtenberg was fun and sexy as the one female ex. I did not like Daniel Baldwin though - aside from Alec that entire family cannot act. The story itself was decent if a little slow but the final payoff was a little better. 6/10
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Man of Steel

8/10
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 AM
What film(s) did everyone watch today? Redux Quatro!

The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear [1991] - 3/4
The Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult [1994] - 2.5/4

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Cool Runnings(1993)-8/10
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM

9/10

7.5/10
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
The Russia House

As far as I’m concerned, Le Carre’s Cold War intrigue is like pie – any time is a good time for it. Director Fred Schepisi had a difficult task with this film, a story that has to effectively function as a low-key spy thriller, a romantic drama, and an absurdist satire. Along with Sean Connery at his waggishly witty best, trading barbs with the crusty brass of the CIA and MI6 and looking like “a giant unmade bed”, I think Schepisi nailed all three aspects with some room to spare. The first element isn’t always so thrilling so much as classily intriguing, but it’s always welcome when a movie like this takes its time getting into the labyrinthine tradecraft of the spy game (particularly those like this, of the Cold War-era). It helps that our hero, Barley, is a cynical civilian, not a spy, giving the filmmakers latitude to be a little more accommodating to those in the cheap seats who may not be interested in the muck of geopolitical warfare. The second aspect, the romance, is where I think this film comes out the weakest, when Barley and Katya (Michelle Pfeiffer) begin falling for each other while serving as liaisons between Western intelligence (Roy Scheider, John Mahoney, and a slew of other great character actors) and a Soviet defector (Klaus Maria Brandauer). There isn’t always a palpable sense of danger running from one to the other, especially when it came to the suggested KGB threat to Katya and her family later in the film, but it’s just what you have to expect of any Le Carre spy caper. Most of it rides on mood and subtext, and all of it is character-driven.

-> 8/10
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM
World War Z - 7/10
Even with the painfully obvious continuity errors and dumbing down moments, far more entertaining than I expected.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM
just got home from seeing

9/10
Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Spitfire with Katharine Hepburn - A couple of engineers both become attracted to a local woman while they are planning to build a dam. I have no idea what kind of accent Hepburn was going for - whatever it was it didn't work. The story was pretty uninspired and not very entertaining. 4/10

Animal Factory - This prison film had some solid performances from Willem Dafoe and Edward Furlong that carried the story. The ending was predictable but this time I still enjoyed watching it unfold. 7/10
Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 PM

There’s something silly when the fifth, and now the sixth, installment of a long running film franchise are the highest point of quality and entertainment. Perhaps that’s all on director Justin Lin, who knows how to respect the fans that have followed this franchise from the beginning, as well as cater to audiences that want to look for a fun summer blockbuster. While the latter may be left into the dust if they haven’t caught up with the franchise (Though, with this being the 6th one, I’m sure its mostly the fans coming back for more), the former will have still experience another solid outing, even if the engines are beginning to sputter a bit (Hopefully that will be my last pun for this review, but I can’t make any promises).

Fast Six wastes no time throwing us back into the world of car chases, capers, and gunplay. However, the tongue in this film seems to be purely planted in cheek, and makes the film all the more enjoyable for it. The opening scene involving The Rock’s Hobbes initial interrogation scene is pretty much a clear sign that this film is going to be a bombastic action film that will raise the ridiculousness. This has to do with the direction by Justin Lin, who has been doing these Fast and Furious films since Tokyo Drift, and certainly seems to find ways to up the ante with each film. Repeating what I said in my Fast Five review, Fast Six continues the fan service for this series, and Lin wants to keep those fans entertained.

This time, Fast Six pits the Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Brian O’ Connor (Paul Walker) ragtag crew, this time aided by Dwayne Johnson’s Agent Hobbes from Fast Six, to take down another crew of outlaws, lead by the villainous Shaw (Luke Evans), in hopes for getting all their crimes pardoned from the previous film. There’s all this hoopla about a MacGuffin that Shaw wants that could be a problem for the world, but for Dom, his main focus of the mission is his former lady Letty (Michelle Rodriguez), who was believed dead but now running with Shaw’s crew.

There’s typical plot convenience towards pitting Letty against Dom; the type of eye-rolling necessity to get these characters to where they need to be in this iteration. In fact, most of the plot points in this latest film follow other well known summer blockbusters, accompanying the story with large scale action sequences that are shot and edited with a keen eye, rather than a shaky one. The plot itself doesn’t have that fluidity of the fairly solid Fast Five, as there are one or two scenes that pad out the movie for more than it is worth. But, that doesn’t mean the heart of the film is lost entirely.

For one thing, the rapport between all the previous Fast and Furious characters is still intact, with the usual wise cracking comedy coming mostly from Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris. The action is as ridiculous as ever, with characters flying all over the place with no sense of Newton’s law of gravity. This is popcorn fun that isn’t afraid to be silly, but not too silly. Lin continues to make some great car chase sequences coupled with some intense hand-to-hand brawls, giving fans of the action genre all the things that they have come to see in the first place.
If there were anything forgettable with this film, it would probably be Luke Evan’s Shaw. He’s the usual smarmy bad guy with no weight or gravitas to be truly memorable. For a movie as silly as this, a crazy, off the wall villain would be something that would elevate this series immensely, but unfortunately there have been mostly stock. Thankfully, the treat that Lin leaves the audience at the end of the film has the potential to break that curse.

Fast and Furious Six continues the path that the solid Fast Five set; a popcorn summer blockbuster that delivers nutty action, humor, and a little dramatic weight to balance everything out. It’s unfortunate that director Justin Lin is leaving after this film, but maybe his legacy will convince whoever is taking up the mantle (supposedly Saw’s James Wan) to know how to make action films fun again.

7/10
Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Dead Man Down

5/10
Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 AM
film

Watch The Lone Ranger Online Free

The Lone Ranger Story revolves around John Reid who is a lawyer. The Movie The Lone Ranger is directed by Gore Verbinski and written by Justin Haythe. John along with his brother arrives in a small town in texas. John Reid has an idea to civilize the whole town. But soon both of them find themselves surrounded by the Cavendish gang who has other ideas. Gang Kills his brother James Badge Dale while beating the john.
Watch The Lone Ranger Online
__________________________________________________ ___
Watch Despicable Me 2 Online Free

Despicable Me 2 Movie is directed by Chris Renaud and written by Cinco Paul. Despicable Me 2 Is an Animation 3D Movie and is the second installment of Despicable Me Movie Series. The Central Figure Of The storyline is Gru. He is the hero of this animated movie series.
Gru starts working in a mall as a runner of a cake search. Lucy has been allotted as Gru’s partner.
Watch Despicable Me 2 Online

The Wolverine Movie Is Based On Marvel's Comic Book Written By Frank Miller And Chris Claremont. The Wolverine Movie Is The Latest Release Of X-Men Movie Series And Promises To Be The Best Ever Action And Adventure Movie This Summer. Logan (Hugh Jackman) The Mutant this time feels some relation with the mysterious woman who meet her but he does not remember her.
Watch The Wolverine Online Free
__________________________________________________ ___
Watch Monsters University Online

Have You Heard Of a World Class University Where Monsters Study and teach ? Well That’s the idea of a wonderful writer Robert L. Baird and Director Dan Scanlon Of The Movie Monsters University. The Story Of The movie revolves around a beautiful campus where monsters show their skills to scare the hell out of each other.
Watch Monsters University Online
Watch Monsters University Online Free
Watch Monsters University Online Free
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
WATCH FULL LENGTH STREAMING MOVIE | WORLD WAR Z ONLINE FREE

World War Z Movie actually is Based on a horror novel. Movie Story Revolves around zombies who have been infected by a virus and humans turns into cannibals who drinks humans bloods and eat their flesh. They feel no pain. The Only Thing that can kill them is a bullet to their head.
Watch WORLD WAR Z ONLINE FREE
Download WORLD WAR Z Movie
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Download | Watch This Is The End Online Free In HD

A warm home party turns out to be the end of Life for six friends who finds themselves alone after a cataclysmic event happens in the mid of hot party where hot celebrities like Emma Watson, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Michael Cera, Craig Robinson, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and hot girls and boys are enjoying themselves with sex and drugs
Watch This Is The End Online Free
Download This Is The End Movie
Watch This Is The End Online
__________________________________________________ _________________
Watch The Internship online Free
The internship Movie is a comedy movie directed by Shawn Levy and is all set to be released On 7th June, 2013. The Star Cast Of The Movie is full of superstars like John Goodman, Rose Byrne, Vince Vaughn. The movie The internship is written by Jared Stern. Vince Vaughn is playing the role as Billy and Owen Wilson is playing the role of Nick.
Watch The Internship online Free
Watch The Internship online
Watch The Purge Online Free
Watch The Purge Online Free.The Purge Movie Is an imaginary horror story of future 10 years ahead where for only one day all law and order is put into an end. Where there is no police to fight against city crimes, rapes and brutal murders. Only You can save yourself. No one will help you out.Because This Day All pissed off people would take their revenge and will beat the hell out of you where crime has no bars. People frustrated from corrupt and devil democratic system where government plays in the hands of big cooperates, has the only one day to take their frustrations out on any thing.
__________________________________________________ __
Watch Man Of Steel Online Free In High Definition

With The Release Of Movie Man Of Steel , There Comes The Best Superhero The Superman On The Box Office. The film is directed by Zack Snyder. Man Of Steel Movie Is The Latest Sequence Of The Superman Series. Our Super Hero The High Flying Ever Powerful Superman Once Again Is Going To Save Our Planet From The Clutches Of Krypton Invaders That Wants The Total Destruction Of Earth.
Watch Man Of Steel Online Free
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Watch The Great Gatsby Movie Online In HD

Movie name: The Great Gatsby

Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire), a young enthusiastic man from Minnesota, moves to New York to learn about the bond business. He rents a good house in the swanky West Egg district of Long Island. He eventually meets his wonderful neighbor Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and gets caught up in his world of extravagant parties and people. Where he meets his first love and the story revolves around his passionate love.
Watch The Great Gatsby Online
Watch The Great Gatsby Online free
Watch The Great Gatsby Online
Watch The Great Gatsby Online Free
__________________________________________________ ________________
Watch Iron Man 3 Online Free
Movie Name: Iron Man 3

Plot:
Iron Man 3 Yet Again a Action Thriller With High Quality Action and Sci-Fi. When Tony Stark’s world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, Stark starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

Watch Iron Man 3 Online
iron man 3 online
iron man 3 watch online
__________________________________________________ __________________
Watch Spring Breakers Movie Online

Movie name: Spring Breakers
Cast : Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens

Watch The Hottest Movie Of The Year 2013.

Watch Spring Breakers online free
Watch Spring Breakers online
Watch Spring Breakers Online
Watch Spring Breakers Online free
Watch Fast And Furious 6 Movie 2013
Movie name: Fast and Furious 6
Release Date: 24 May, 2013

Watch Fast And Furious 6 Online Free

Watch Fast And Furious 6 Online
__________________________________________________ _______________
Watch Star Trek Into Darkness Movie Online

Movie name: Star Trek Into Darkness
Story:
Star Trek Into Darkness is a Sci - Fi Movie With unending action and adventure. Star Trek Into Darkness is the latest series release of Star Trek in 2013. Story revolves around a volcano if it erupts planet goes into dark.

Watch Star Trek Into Darkness Online

__________________________________________________ __________________________
Watch The After Earth Movie Online Free

After Earth Movie Is A Sci-Fi Action Movie Written And Directed By Shyamalan. Movie Revolves Around A story Of another planet Nova Prime Where The King General Cypher Raige (Will Smith) Rules The Nova Prime Kingdom Who is very emotionless person. He has a wife named Faia and a son named Kitai (Jaden Smith). Cypher Has Big Army Named Ranger Corps. Cypher takes his son on a mission to earth. On their way to planet earth, their ship gets stuck in an asteroid field and crashes on earth. Everyone in the crew gets killed after fatal accident except Cypher who is critically injured and his son Kitai. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.
Watch The After Earth Online Free
__________________________________________________ ________________________
WATCH NOW YOU SEE ME ONLINE FREE
Now You See Me Movie is the best story movie of the year 2013. It is directed by Louis Leterrier. This Movie revolves around the story of illusionists and magicians who shows various illusion and magic tricks. Now You See Me Movie also figures out the corruption that is found in big cooperates and businesses where black money sits and doubles over the time.
Watch Now You See Me Online Free
Watch Now You See Me Online
__________________________________________________ ______________________
watch stoker online free

Watch Stoker Movie Online | Download Stoker Movie. Watch Nicole Kidman In Best Drama Movie Of The Year 2013.
watch stoker online free
stoker online

stoker movie online

Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM

First viewing in quite a while even though I own it. A very underrated thriller. 8/10
Old 07-03-2013, 01:02 PM
World War Z - 7/10
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
U.F.O. ABDUCTION - 5/10
Watch the remake, Alien Abduction: Incident In Lake County, instead.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM

8/10
Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 PM
The Anderson Tapes with Sean Connery - A recently released convict plans to gather a team and rob a series of apartments - but he does not realize that many of the residents are under surveillance. The robbery takes up a good portion of the film and is the best part. Seeing the crime and the attempt to stop it unfold is exciting and its unclear who will come out on top until the end. 8/10

The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) - There is a lot of dark comedy in this which I liked but much of the acting is poor. It is a fun story and plays out differently than the more famous musical version. Plus the small role by Jack Nicholson as the masochistic dental patient was just nuts. 6/10

Last edited by smacaskill; 07-03-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM

The Band Wagon(1953)-8/10
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 PM
World War Z

Not nearly as horrible as I heard it was. The last act is full on suspense. Flawed of course, but it does what it sets out to do.

7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM

8/10
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 AM
EVIL DEAD (2013) - 2.5/10

Truly horrendous. Absolute, pure unadulterated HORROR of a movie.
Pointless, hollow, insipid, useless, gory "just to be gory", predictable, and a chore to get through.
The final end credit stinger also a) made no fucking sense, and b) reminded me how I could have wasted my time doing something more enjoyable, which could have been to do almost anything other than watch this generic mind-numbing blur of blood-soaked bullshit.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The Innkeepers

Effective creep-out moments, a wicked sense of humor, and competent direction from Ti West, a man whose resume doesn’t exactly scream “quality control”. So this was a nice surprise. The only real flaw I can sink my teeth into is its asymmetrical storytelling. Meaning that for at least ¾ of the movie, I was puzzled why this was referred to as “horror, thriller” on its IMDB page, and not “comedy, horror”, emphasis on “comedy”. Needless to say, I was convinced that it was supposed to be played for laughs, and it came as an odd jolt when West swerved from playful, self-reflexive antics toward more overt scare tactics as the two amateur ghost-hunters (Sara Paxton and Pat Healy, a great twosome) search for restless spirits in the going-out-of-business Yankee Pedlar Inn and stumble into some nasty surprises. It’s a delicate balance, and I think West waited too long to start cranking the horror volume. But I did like hanging out with Paxton and Healy, and those two characters are critical to your enjoyment of the overall experience, in my opinion. If you end up hating them, I figure the entire movie goes with them. However, the suspenseful finale did bring the goods in the thriller department, and the final shot (watch very CLOSELY, by the way) was a cool one.

-> 7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 AM

7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 01:13 PM

7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Sucker Punch - 5.5/10
Old 07-04-2013, 05:39 PM

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes(1953)-8/10
Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 PM
The Dead Girl - A series of vignettes tell the story of a murdered young woman and the people close to her. Some of the stories were better than others particularly the last two with Marcia Gay Harden and Brittany Murphy. The story with Rose Byrne seemed completely unnecessary however. 7/10

Sweet Land - In the early twentieth century a betrothed German woman arrives in Minnesota to meet the man she is to marry - her arrival upsets the delicate balance of the conservative town. The story was pretty simple but it worked in this case. The performances were low key for the most part and I enjoyed them. 7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 PM
La Boum 2

Sophie Marceau was bangin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PtX3joCWuQ

7/10
Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Something in the Air - 7/10

Frances Ha - 7.5/10
Old 07-04-2013, 09:42 PM

8/10
Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 PM

9/10