Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Cannibalism in North Korea

This is some fucked up shit.

News out of North Korean in notorious unreliable, but food shortages in the country have gotten so bad and people so desperate that there are now reports of men murdering their own children for food. These startling reports were compiled by independent reporters commissioned by Asia Press, a independent press agency focusing on Asia, and were published by the Sunday Times. And here's one of the most disturbing thing you'll read this morning:
The source said: "While his wife was away on business he killed his eldest daughter and, because his son saw what he had done, he killed his son as well. When the wife came home, he offered her food, saying: 'We have meat.'
"But his wife, suspicious, notified the Ministry of Public Security, which led to the discovery of part of their children's bodies under the eaves."
And another from Gu Gwang-ho, one of the Asia Press's citizen journalists said:

"There was an incident when a man was arrested for digging up the grave of his grandchild and eating the remains."

http://news.yahoo.com/north-koreans-...122128957.html
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM
if you haven't noticed, we live in a cold, cruel, screwed up world. how people can think it's a good idea to bring up children in this world is a selfish act. i actually feel somewhat sorry for the children and get angry at the parents for doing such a thing(i have issues ).

in any case, yeah this story sucks. however, there's probably hundreds(if not thousands) of messed up stories out there that are just as bad if not worse that doen't get reported by the media. so on that note, you can either choose to ignore these types of stories or read them and get angry... or dress up as Batman and bring justice to the world(because according to Chris Nolan anyone can be Batman, not just Bruce Wayne ).
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Not sure I believe it.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Dericious.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cronos; 01-29-2013 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: spoiler tagged image on request
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g05 View Post
if you haven't noticed, we live in a cold, cruel, screwed up world. how people can think it's a good idea to bring up children in this world is a selfish act. i actually feel somewhat sorry for the children and get angry at the parents for doing such a thing.
THIS.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
Not sure I believe it.
Yeah see this is what I initially thought but then again, N Korea is just so fucked up I wouldnt put it past them.

I hope its just an urban legend/hoax
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g05 View Post
if you haven't noticed, we live in a cold, cruel, screwed up world. how people can think it's a good idea to bring up children in this world is a selfish act. i actually feel somewhat sorry for the children and get angry at the parents for doing such a thing(i have issues ).
Parts of the world, sure. Isn't the world becoming a better place though? I feel like most signs point to yes.

My family has a tradition of bringing people into this world that do make it a better place. That's the only way things change. Make leaders, not bottom feeders, and the future won't seem so grim.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Well, it's a dark place, in every sense.

Who knows what goes on in the perpetual darkness?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Jokes about cannibalism aside (and trust me, there are plenty), this is really fucked.

Also, I missed the part where that father faced any consequences for it.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
Jokes about cannibalism aside (and trust me, there are plenty), this is really fucked.

Also, I missed the part where that father faced any consequences for it.
He was executed.

Cronos, please NSFL or spoiler tag that Zhu Yu picture. Shit is gross.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Wjen you were saying about eating people
There was a plane crash a few years ago and these people were stuck in freezing condiions and well they ran out of food they didnt want to start chewing each other but as time went on each person dies and well they had to eat didnt they

There was a movie made on this experiece and it was a very true story
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Wjen you were saying about eating people
There was a plane crash a few years ago and these people were stuck in freezing condiions and well they ran out of food they didnt want to start chewing each other but as time went on each person dies and well they had to eat didnt they

There was a movie made on this experiece and it was a very true story
If im not mistaken, unless it happend again you're talking about the movie "Alive" right? The crash wasnt a few years. It happend more the 30 years ago. The soccer team right? Is that the one?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I would say ya it's horrible, but don't judge unless you have been that hungry before. It's not like it would be the first time, in fact it seems to be quite common in times of great famine. Although in places like USSR families had the common courtesy to send each other their children so they didn't have to kill their own.

Fact is nobody really knows what life is like in North Korea.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
If im not mistaken, unless it happend again you're talking about the movie "Alive" right? The crash wasnt a few years. It happend more the 30 years ago. The soccer team right? Is that the one?
Yes that is the movie l was referrining too
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I would say ya it's horrible, but don't judge unless you have been that hungry before. It's not like it would be the first time, in fact it seems to be quite common in times of great famine. Although in places like USSR families had the common courtesy to send each other their children so they didn't have to kill their own.

Fact is nobody really knows what life is like in North Korea.
This guy does. He escaped.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
I can believe it, just like I can believe a man eating the face off a homeless dude, or tons of other stories of crazy people and/or cannibals ALL AROUND THE WORLD.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
And now I have a new book to read. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Dericious.
Spoiler:

I was glad there was a nice spoiler to hide this

Anyway that meat looks like a roast donkeys dick you see in a part of asia it is a big thing to eat they say it is abit gamey but nice