Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Tom Hardy to star in Takashi Miike's The Outsider

Well HOLY SHIT BALLS!

This sounds fuckin bad ass. This will be Miike's first film in English. How cool is that? This guy is a damn good director and a fucking machine since he is able to crank out a handful of films a year.

I loved the hell out of Audition 8/10. Thought it was really fucked up and freaky.

Here's what the film is going to be about: "set in post-World War II Japan, chronicling the life of a former American G.I. who becomes part of the Japanese Yakuza."

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tom-...s-the-outsider

Last edited by echo_bravo; 06-06-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 03:33 AM
I have noever hard of these people but it is anintersting promis and I shall see it because I like new things.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 AM
^^^
definitely check out some of his films. I still need to see a bunch of them since there are so many but the ones I've seen flat out rule especially Audition.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this project.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I read about this man. He was in Hostel. That is not a very good film. I think he is nut a very good actor. I did not realise that Thomas Hardy was Bane!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
^^^
definitely check out some of his films. I still need to see a bunch of them since there are so many but the ones I've seen flat out rule especially Audition.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this project.
Which Miike movies have you seen? I've probably seen between a quarter and a third of his output. He's ridiculously prolific. But I've yet to see one of his movies that didn't throw something at me that made me glad I'd taken the time to watch it. Audition was incredible. Have you seen Gozu or Fudoh: The Next Generation?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I have only seem Hostel.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:19 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandgurl View Post
I read about this man. He was in Hostel. That is not a very good film. I think he is nut a very good actor. I did not realise that Thomas Hardy was Bane!
Huh? Uh he definitely wasn't in Hostel. He's been in Bronson, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. Check out Bronson for sure.

And Psychocandy, yeah his films are off the wall. The only ones I've seen are Audition (which is my favorite of his), 13 Assassins, Ichi the Killer, Sukiyaki Western Django and this other really weird one(cant remember the title though)

I dont think I've seen the ones you named off but I'll get right on it sometime soon. Which is you favorite of his?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Huh? Uh he definitely wasn't in Hostel. He's been in Bronson, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. Check out Bronson for sure.

And Psychocandy, yeah his films are off the wall. The only ones I've seen are Audition (which is my favorite of his), 13 Assassins, Ichi the Killer, Sukiyaki Western Django and this other really weird one(cant remember the title though)

I dont think I've seen the ones you named off but I'll get right on it sometime soon. Which is you favorite of his?
Favourite? It's impossible to choose. I rate the following highly:

Audition
Fudoh: The Next Generation
Dead or Alive
Gozu
Visitor Q
Graveyard of Honor

All amazing.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I am 100# proof he was in Hostel!

He is in imdb!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I really enjoyed:
Audition
13 Assassins
Graveyard of Honor
Ichi the Killer
Fudoh: The Next Generation

I thought Sukiyaki Western Django was alright, and I didn't really like much else. Sometimes I get bored with his movies. I especially get bored when I feel like they're weird for the sake of weird, and there's seemingly not much going on. But so many people swear by him, so I think I need to watch some of his films again.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
I wish I could by my ticket right now, I really enjoyed 13 Assassins. I haven't seen Audition, is it recommended?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
I haven't seen Audition, is it recommended?
Its not for the faint of heart I'll tell you that much. Its a seriously fucked up film but I would absolutely recommend it.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Terse Witherspoon is very good innAudition, but Ferris Bueller is not terribly good.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandgurl View Post
Terse Witherspoon is very good innAudition, but Ferris Bueller is not terribly good.
Seriously, its not even remotely close to being funny or clever. Can the Mods do anything about this account? We (what's left of the joblo community) just got rid of the one of the most annoying trolls ever. Can we nip this one in the butt before its too late. I mean its obvious as hell.

Now to the movie, I've only seen audition and 13 assassins but they were insane so I'm gonna look forward to this as long as miike has complete creative control. Hardy is the balls
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Its not for the faint of heart I'll tell you that much. Its a seriously fucked up film but I would absolutely recommend it.
I will have to try and check it out sometime, but this movie is going to be awesome with him directing and Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor.