Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 AM
The Walking Dead - Season 3

The next season of The Walking Dead, as most fans already know, will introduce the character of The Governor with talented British thesp David Morrissey having been cast. Here's the first photograph of him in character.

He's a fantastic actor and I think he'll knock this one right out of the park.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Spoiler:
I wonder if they'll have the balls to go through with Lori's death.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Spoiler:
I wonder if they'll have the balls to go through with Lori's death.
Spoiler:
It's such a huge event in the comic. I think it will happen but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as grim and visceral as her demise in the comic. I was in a state of some shock when I hit that full page spread in issue #48. But I think she'll die. Just not as brutally. It's the baby I think will give them pause for thought. I don't think they are going to kill a baby in a hail of bullets. I honestly think it would drive viewers away.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Spoiler:
On a similar not...I wonder if they will have the balls to make Michonne's ordeal at the hands of The Governor as prolonged and disturbing as it needs to be.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Please indicate if spoilers are SHOW spoilers, or BOOK spoilers.

Thanks!

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't mind book spoilers, but I don't want to accidentally read show spoilers.

Last edited by jolanar; 06-09-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Shit....I still gotta see the final 6 episodes of season 2....
Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Book spoilers

Spoiler:
I'm wondering if they'll maim Rick. THAT is such a shocking, brutal moment in the books. Def was an out loud 'holy fuck' moment for me.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
Book spoilers

Spoiler:
I'm wondering if they'll maim Rick. THAT is such a shocking, brutal moment in the books. Def was an out loud 'holy fuck' moment for me.
God I hope so.

Comic Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Rick losing his hand, Michonne/Governor raping/torture, Prison Serial Killer and Lori's death are all Must See Season 3 Moments for me.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Please indicate if spoilers are SHOW spoilers, or BOOK spoilers.

Thanks!

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't mind book spoilers, but I don't want to accidentally read show spoilers.
I don't understand why you would differentiate since book spoilers could potentially be show spoilers depending on what story elements make their way into the show.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
I don't understand why you would differentiate since book spoilers could potentially be show spoilers depending on what story elements make their way into the show.
I have already read the book, and I am happy to discuss comic book spoilers (because they aren't really spoilers to me, but they would be to someone else.)

But I'd hate to accidentally click on a spoiler tag thinking it was one thing and then reading 'Sophia is in the barn!' Coincidentally I had that little bit of info spoiled to me by a Google news headline and it basically ruined the entire episode's emotion for me.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Why not just placate the guy? It takes 2 seconds to type 'book spoilers.'

Book spoilers

Spoiler:
I can't decide if Merle losing his hand means Rick won't because having two one handed characters is silly, or indicates he will. I could definitely see Merle being a part of the Governor's camp and cutting off Rick's hand. If so I doubt Merle will last the season, but that'd be super dope. Cripple fight!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Well, some people have seen the show but know nothing about the book. When they see 'Spoiler', they'll think it is spoilers for either season 1 or 2, but instead they'll accidentally read spoilers about events that are likely to happen in this show's future.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Some potential Season 3 show Spoilers (Pics)

Spoiler:
The Walking Dead season 3 set pic reveals a familiar face (possible spoilers)

Quote:
Judging from the cast alone, it looks like the third season of "The Walking Dead" will be firing on all cylinders. With the recent reveal of David Morrissey as The Governor and the previous introduction of Danai Gurira as Michonne, fans of AMC's hit zombie series must be uber-stoked. Well, the newly revealed set photo might just get them even more excited, as it depicts a character that many fans have been clamoring to return to the series. Keep in mind, though, if you don't want to know anything about the next chapter in "The Walking Dead" saga, you might not want to head on down to check out the image.

Are you sure?

Alrighty then. As you can see on the photo below, Michael Rooker aka Merle Dixon is back and judging by the set, he'll show up in the Woodbury community run by The Governor. Given the character's last appearance on the show, his coming back was to be expected (and later confirmed by Rooker himself). The only thing we didn't know was the circumstances of his return. Well, now we're a lot closer to finding out. Speculate away!

"The Walking Dead" returns to AMC this Fall with a cast that includes Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies (below), David Morrissey, Laurie Holden, Danai Gurira, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan and Steven Yeun.

LINK:
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...sible-spoilers

Spoiler:
Another Shot of Merle on the Set of The Walking Dead, You're Going to Dig This One

Quote:
Okay, so it's not exactly news now that Michael Rooker is returning for The Walking Dead season 3. How his Merle Dixon character factors back into the story is up for speculation (It's clear from some previously leaked set pics that he's rolling with David Morrissey's The Governor).

But let's talk about Merle's hand. The man lost it in season one, so how is he dealing with this? Well, a new set pic answers that.

As you can see, Merle has outfitted his stump with what appears to be a spike or a hook. The former seems more logical in the zombie-killin' business. One blow to the head and that walker is down for the count.

Pic comes courtesy of Spoiler TV.

LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...o-dig-this-one
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Season Spoiler from the picks:

Spoiler:
I wasn't a fan of the character or Michael Rooker's performance, but I'm definitely intrigued with his return. If nothing else, it'll make for great conflict for Daryl.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz6...layer_embedded

Trailer for season 3...looks fucking good. Too bad they are not following the comics though....the Gov seems like a pussy.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
The Latest Official Poster Art for The Walking Dead Season 3

Quote:
AMC released the key art for The Walking Dead Season 3, debuting Sunday, October 14 at 9pm ET/PT.

In an uncertain world, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors must not only fight the dead, but also face a whole new fear: the living. A 16 episode season, the series will air in two-parts with the first eight hours kicking off October 14 and returning February 2013 with the final eight episodes. Internationally, “The Walking Dead’ will return to audiences in 120+ FOX International Channels (FIC) markets the week of October 15, as part of FIC continued commitment to broadcast the series near date-and-date globally.
LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...-dead-season-3

Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Here I am 3 months later and I still haven't seen the final 6 episodes of season 2. Damn it.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM
well i wasn't a zombi fan up until i came across with this Show. this is the perfect for Zombi fans. and now i can't wait for the next season.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
Here I am 3 months later and I still haven't seen the final 6 episodes of season 2. Damn it.
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/The-Walking-Dead_24227/

http://www.iwatchonline.org/tv-shows...e-walking-dead
Old 09-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Can't wait for OCT. 14th. I've been waiting for going on a year for the best show on televison! IMO. Looks great, and now October feels like Halloween even more with a show that was made for true genre fans.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I hope season 3 is more like the final 3 episodes of season 2 and less like the first half of season 2.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I love The Walking Dead and I cant wait for this season. Some of the best parts of the comics are after they get to the prison. My worry is that some of the stuff in the comics may been seen as to shocking for TV, but I hope they included in as much as they can.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Andrew Lincoln has really floored me. Glad he got this part cuz he's just dominating it. Dude came out of nowhere. Can't wait for him to really stretch his legs as Rick gets more and more brutal/desperate.

Spoiler:
Also I'm wondering if they're gonna keep the serial killer subplot. 16 eps and Hershel's youngest daughter make me think so. Hope so.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 AM
Rewatched the pilot the other day and I gotta say it's one of the best television pilots I've ever seen IMO! Absolutely stellar. The whole scene where Rick wakes up from his coma and doesn't know what the heck is going on is so brilliantly executed.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Watching AMC Walking Dead marathon right now.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
can't wait for tonight's episode.

SO happy they arent stuck at the farm anymore. SHould get really good
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
an exciting day today!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Between The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and Homeland -- I don't even really have an end to that sentence, I just want to point out that Sunday TV is really fucking good right now, and enough to last me the week.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Feel bad for my dad. Mentioned to him tonight was the premiere and he goes to set the reminder on his box and at some point Dish Network has decided to drop AMC so he is out of luck until I download and burn it on DVD for him tomorrow. So I have to do that all season...yay...
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
The Walking Dead and Dexter tonight...not too shabby.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
...until I download and burn it on DVD for him tomorrow. So I have to do that all season...yay...
you know if you can hook up your comp or laptop to your TV you can save without doing all the burning of DVDs. Mine is hooked 24/7. It acts as both TV and a monitor.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
That was fucking awesome.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Between The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and Homeland -- I don't even really have an end to that sentence, I just want to point out that Sunday TV is really fucking good right now, and enough to last me the week.
Add Revenge and The Good Wife to that list. And sometimes The Simpsons.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
A solid opener for sure. Still processing the whole thing but overall I think this is looking like a promising season!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Spoiler:
I hope Herschal doesn't die.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Maybe I missed something, but how is it that the group is just now finding the prison? Didn't they see it at the end of the season two finale?

Anyway, solid premiere. Like how everyone seems so much more capable than they did in the first two seasons, particularly Carl. Hopefully they can keep this up, and it isn't a case of a solid premiere followed by a bunch of lackluster episodes again.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
Maybe I missed something, but how is it that the group is just now finding the prison? Didn't they see it at the end of the season two finale?
Nah, we crane shot saw it in the background as foreshadowing the fact that if they run around the area scavenging they will eventually run into it, but nothing specific happened where characters saw it and were like "Hey, let's go over there."
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I finally witnessed
Spoiler:
Shane's death
last night. Wow. Great season opener as well.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
you know if you can hook up your comp or laptop to your TV you can save without doing all the burning of DVDs. Mine is hooked 24/7. It acts as both TV and a monitor.
I have a media center PC hooked to my tv. My father on the other hand does not and has no plans to so I am stuck downloading and burning =/

He does have a laptop but going though all the trouble of showing him how to hook it up, finding the episode for him and then letting him watch it, for every episode because he is not a tech person at all it is just easier for me to make him a dvd
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
Yea it did show it but obviously they didn't stumble upon it. It was mentioned in this episode how they had circled around after all that time which explains them being right back near the prison even though they wandered all winter.