Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Aliens franchise

Could the aliens franchise ever be a summer or winter tent pole piece for fox? especially after the luke warm AvP films, countless poor games and that mess that was Prometheus and the dreadful Alien Resurrection.

If so what would you like to see in it?

Just a curious fan after playing the disastrous Aliens Colonial Marines game.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 AM
I would certainly like to see more Alien films. I like the whole mythology. I think there's a lot more places they could go with it and I immensely enjoyed Prometheus.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1980 View Post
I like the whole mythology. I think there's a lot more places they could go with it
But they won't. Somehow the Alien franchise ended up in The Ripley Show. Most fanboys will say it, Sigourney loves to say it: it's all about Ripley. And it shouldn't. It's astonishing that a movie about aliens is confined to one woman or one motive: bio weapons. Resurrection was terrible as part of a larger story. It's 200 years later than Alien3 and they still need Ripley and they still want to use the Xenomorphs as weapons. Really? They still try to do that after 200 years? Had they a choice between shit that just doesn't work: turning lead into gold and taming xenomorphs? It's a universe with massive space stations, androids and the ability to clone people and they still want to use animals in warfare? Ugh.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
I still don't think it's hard to make a badass AVP film. I know the two films have turned everyone off to the idea, but get a fucking writer with some idea's and balls and you could have a kickass ride.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM
If someone smart would ever start a new Aliens movie exactly where #2 ends...... keeps the evil government angle...... have the spaceship crash on another planet and then bring the new larger alien race to earth...... I will write it for free if they make it and I get to do an interview with Mr Jo Blo himself
Old 03-06-2013, 09:05 PM
hmmm, with the whole reboot angle everywhere at the moment, how would people feel about a reboot of the Alien franchise? Is it complete sacrilege?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:25 AM
First of all, Promotheus was good. Second of all, i don't want a remake with CGI Xenomorphs and without Sigourney Weaver.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
I would love an Alien movie to take place on a futuristic Earth. That seems to be a pipe dream as of now though.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I thought Prometheus was great, especially after the fairly pointless Alien Resurrection, the shitty AVP movies, and even Predators- which actually looked promising and had Robert Rodriguez behind it and had so much potential to be badass but it just ended up pretty meh. Prometheus though was a huge step in the right direction. I know not everyone loved it and had issues with it but it at least had some ambition to be different, and it had a lot more substance to it than just a prequel to the tune of "here's some scary shit that happened before the first Alien." It was much better than that and it kind of sits within a league of its own, and I really do hope we get a separate trilogy out of it. I know there's talks of it but you never know. I'm really curious to see where they take it.

But as a franchise as a whole it has so many directions it can go. We can definitely get some more movies set in the Prometheus universe but in my heart of hearts I just want one more shot at seeing Ripley's story and where it goes. It can't just burn out with A:R. It just can't. We got John Mclane back, Rocky back, Rambo, and Indiana Jones- hell, the original cast of Star Wars is making a comeback with another movie. I want a 5th Alien movie with Sigourney Weaver, damnit! Just one more.

Also, I wouldn't mind another Predator or AVP movie...even if they have to reebot AVP. I think the biggest mistake of AVP was setting it in modern times. First in Antarctica and then in some nowhere suburban town. WTF? That's such bullshit. If they can make it with colonial marines and give it an Aliens type vibe it would be amazing. I always thought it wasn't just aliens and predators, but MARINES included that made the concept so interesting, and that's what made the first two PC games (and to a lesser extent the more recent AVP console game by Sega) so good. Because, shit, marines are trained to be badass killers, so they're appropriate to set up against the two snarling extraterrestrial beasts. Um...research scientist? No. Fucking PIZZA BOYS? NO NO NO NO!!!! It's really simple, they really fucked it up. Get me an AVP movie with the aliens, the predators, and the MARINES, set in the future.