Texas Chainsaw 3D(2013) (5/14) Full Press Release
The Frightening Follow-Up To The Iconic Horror Phenomenon
Arrives On 3D Blu-ray Disc, DVD, Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View
May 14 From Lionsgate Home Entertainment
Early Digital Window Begins April 30
SANTA MONICA, CA, February 27, 2013 – The pulse-pounding horror film, Texas Chainsaw, arrives on 3D/2D Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 14 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Texas Chainsaw will also be available for Digital Download on April 30, two weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release. The film stars Alexandra Daddario (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief), Dan Yeager (Metal Heads), Tremaine ‘Trey Songz’ Neverson (GRAMMY® nominated R&B International superstar), Tania Raymonde (TV’s “Malcolm in the Middle,” TV’s “Lost”), Shaun Sipos (The Grudge 2, Final Destination 2), Keram Malicki-Sanchez (American History X), James MacDonald (Phone Booth), Thom Barry (TV’s “Cold Case”), Paul Rae (True Grit) and Richard Riehle (Office Space). Also featuring special appearances from four beloved cast members from previous installments of the franchise: Gunnar Hansen (the original Leatherface), Marilyn Burns, John Dugan and Bill Moseley, Texas Chainsaw carries on the legacy of the shocking film, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, 39 years later.
Texas Chainsaw continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl, Heather (Daddario), discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt, but learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.
The Blu-ray and DVD features extensive bonus materials including audio commentaries, a look back at the history of the Texas Chainsaw series, exclusive interviews with the film’s director, producer and writers plus multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes. Texas Chainsaw will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.
BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
• Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
• Special “Chainsaw Alumni” audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
• “Texas Chainsaw Legacy” featurette – A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
• “Resurrecting The Saw” featurette – A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
• “The Old Homestead” featurette – A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
• “Casting Terror” featurette – Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Scott Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
• “Leatherface 2013” featurette – An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface’s costume, mask and signature chainsaw
• “Lights, Camera, Mayhem” featurette – A look at the film’s 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
• “It’s in the Meat” featurette – An detailed look at the film’s grisly special make-up effects with Make-Up Effects Supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and Make-Up Artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
• On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres
o Burning Down The House
o Trapped in the Van
o Carnival Time
o Leatherface In Action
o Hot Times In Louisiana
o Bloody Good Times
*Subject to change
Street Date: May 14, 2013
Price: $ 39.99 Blu-ray / $29.95 DVD
Title Copyright: Texas Chainsaw © 2013 Twisted Chainsaw Properties, Inc. and Nu Image, Inc. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Rating: Rated R for strong grisly violence and language throughout
Run Time: 92 minutes
Type: Theatrical Release
Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
DVD Format: 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 5.1 DTS Master Audio and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD Audio Status: English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Lionsgate is a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales. The Company has built a strong television presence in production of primetime cable and broadcast network series, distribution and syndication of programming and an array of channel assets. Lionsgate currently has 26 shows on 19 networks spanning its primetime production, distribution and syndication businesses, including such critically-acclaimed hits as the multiple Emmy Award-winning Mad Men, Weeds and Nurse Jackie, the new comedy Anger Management, the network series Nashville, the syndication successes Tyler Perry's House of Payne, its spinoff Meet the Browns, For Better Or Worse, The Wendy Williams Show, Are We There Yet? and the upcoming Orange Is The New Black, an original series for Netflix.
Its feature film business has been fueled by such recent successes as the blockbuster first installment of The Hunger Games franchise, the 13th highest-grossing North American release of all time, The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which has grossed more than $800 million at the worldwide box office, Warm Bodies, Texas Chainsaw 3D, The Expendables 2, The Possession, Sinister, The Cabin in the Woods, Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection and Arbitrage. With the January 2012 acquisition of Summit Entertainment, the Company has now added the blockbuster Twilight Saga franchise, which has grossed more than $3.3 billion at the worldwide box office, to its current slate, giving the Company the two premier young adult franchises in the world.
Lionsgate's home entertainment business is an industry leader in box office-to-DVD and box office-to-VOD revenue conversion rate. Lionsgate handles a prestigious and prolific library of approximately 15,000 motion picture and television titles that is an important source of recurring revenue and serves as the foundation for the growth of the Company's core businesses. The Lionsgate and Summit brands remain synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world.
Last edited by Ruly2; 04-19-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Did anyone ever actually see this? I think it was released in theatres in January, but it's out of theatre's now. Which leads me to believe it was a flop.... There's not even a thread on it in the current movie talk forum!
Here is the official trade advertisement [in low res] for TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D. It's better late than never..