Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
DJANGO UNCHAINED (4/16) Full Press Release

Anchor Bay Entertainment and The Weinstein Company announced today the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack with UltraViolet and DVD release of the critically acclaimed film

DJANGO UNCHAINED
from writer and director Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino (Inglorious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol. I and Kill Bill Vol. 2).[/b]

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, DJANGO UNCHAINED stars Academy Award®-winner Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Academy Award®-winner Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles’ dead or alive. Success leads Schultz to free Django, though the two men choose not to go their separate ways. Instead, Schultz seeks out the South’s most wanted criminals with Django by his side. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago. Django and Schultz’s search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of Candyland, an infamous plantation. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), Candie’s trusted house slave. Their moves are marked, and a treacherous organization closes in on them. If Django and Schultz are to escape with Broomhilda, they must choose between independence and solidarity, between sacrifice and survival.

DJANGO UNCHAINED recently won 2 Academy Awards® for Best Writing for an Original Screenplay for Quentin Tarantino and Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Christoph Waltz. The film was nominated for a total of 5 Academy Awards® including Best Picture, Best Cinematography and Best Sound Editing. Additionally, DJANGO UNCHAINED won 2 Golden Globe awards for Best Screenplay for Quentin Tarantino and Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for Christoph Waltz. The film was nominated for a total of 5 Golden Globe Awards including Best Motion Picture – Drama, Quentin Tarantino for Best Director and Leonardo DiCaprio for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role.

DJANGO UNCHAINED heads to retail on April 16, 2013 for an SRP of $39.99 for the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack with UltraViolet and $29.98 for the DVD.

The DJANGO UNCHAINED Blu-ray™ Combo Pack with UltraViolet and exclusive special features.

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/0...ray-dvd-releas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	django_blu_small.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	11502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Django Unchained Bluray.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	11515  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-04-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
So far there is no steelbook exclusive for Django Unchained as far as im concered. Just because FutureShop gets it doesnt necessarily mean that BestBuy will get it. A good example is the Remake of 'Total Recall'. FutureShop that a steelbook and WALMART got the steelbook instead even though [if my memory serves correct] Best Buy owns FutureShop. BestBuy.ca has no listing if a steelbook

The Bluray that appears on Bby is special.. If you PREOREDER the Bluray. It will say this as the as the summery:

Django Unchained - 2 Pack - Blu-ray Disc Rating: R

my guess is; That this IS NOT A STEELBOOK but 'Django Unchained Bluray' packaged with the original 1966 ' Django' .
That's just my guess. I'll do more research on this as im excited to see what this product is...
Of course the "2 pack" could be a typo and this product could be the much talked about [in forums] Steelbook.

There was that CINEMA NOW thing for 'Django Unchained' that I saw.....

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-07-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 PM
I saw next weeks ad for Best Buy and in it they have a spot saying that they start taking pre orders for Django on March 12, and that they will have exclusive packaging and exclusive bonus content... whenever you know what that packaging is, please let us know (not that I had to ask, cuz you are always on top of it, but seeing the ad piqued my interest, as I am a sucker for collectable packaging!)

Thanks dude
Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
The official trade ad

Here is the official trade ad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	djangounchainedadpic.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	11539  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
SPECIAL FEATURES [Bluray and DVD]:
  • Remembering J. Michael Riva: The Production Design of Django Unchained
  • 20 Years In The Making: The Tarantino XX Blu-ray™ Collection
  • Django Unchained Soundtrack Spot
  • The Costume Designs of Sharen Davis [Bluray exclusive]
  • Reimagining the Spaghetti Western: The Horses & Stunts of Django Unchained [bluray exclusive]

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-07-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM
preorder at BBY and watch it on CinemaNow starting 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
There was that CINEMA NOW thing for 'Django Unchained' that I saw.....
Pre-order Django Unchained Blu-ray Combo Pack and watch early:

Pre-order Best Buy's 'Django Unchained Blu-ray Combo Pack with exclusive packaging and content' in store or at BestBuy.com 3/12/13 - 4/15/13 and watch exclusive footage in HD via CinemaNow starting 3/12/13, plus watch Django Unchained digitally on CinemaNow starting 4/2/13. Get your exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack starting 4/16/13. $14.99 deposit required and is non-returnable if pre-order is canceled. Pre-orders will be held behind the counter through 4/21/13, after which time your exclusive copy may no longer be in stock. After 5/16/13, your pre-order is no longer valid.

SOURCE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5430926affebd62ddddbd3b9ae5a309a.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	11570  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-07-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I enjoyed the film, but not nearly as much as Basterds...I'll add it to my collection though once I can grab it for under $10 on Blu-Ray.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I wish they would say what the exclusive packaging is, so I know whether I want to pre order or not!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I wish they would say what the exclusive packaging is, so I know whether I want to pre order or not!
Well, The official Bluray cover has Django wearing sunglasses. In the theatrical poster.. Django was not wearing glasses. Anchor Bay added sunglasses for the bluray release. Whatever image is on the BBY PREORDER card is most likely the "BBY cover image". I also believe that the image that I posted above of the preorder maybe the Cover for BBY. I wont know until Tuesday when i go into Best Buy to get the preorder.

BTW: Here is the 2nd trade ad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	django ad 2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	11574  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-08-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM
For SKYNET !!!!!

found this on Best Buy's website. its only small version (sorry). This could be a slipsleeve or a steelbook. All the info I was able to find was this: BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE

found info HERE

BTW here is a BIGGER image of the Django preorder thing at appeared in the Best Buy flyier.
Here is the info that appears on the website when u hit "info":

Pre-order Django Unchained Blu-ray combo with exclusive packaging and content in store or at BestBuy.com® 3/12/13-4/15/13 and receive exclusive content and Django Unchained on CinemaNow.com. Exclusive bonus content available beginning 3/12/13 and Django Unchained available beginning 4/2/13. $14.99 toward the exclusive Blu-ray combo is required. Minimum of 10 pre-order cards per store. Physical copy available on 4/16/13. Release date subject to change. Your initial $14.99 payment is non-returnable if the physical pre-order is canceled. Digital content and digital movie are non-returnable. Not available in Puerto Rico. Requires a free CinemaNow account. Content plays on CinemaNow.com and on CinemaNow-enabled HDTVs and products. HD playback only on HD-compatible devices. To get your physical copy of the movie, please pick it up from the store location of your pre-order immediately after the release date. Pre-orders will be held behind the counter through 4/21/13, after which time your exclusive copy may no longer be in stock. After 5/16/13, your pre-order is no longer valid.

[more info]

Select footage accompanying the home entertainment release of double Oscar winner Django Unchained will be available
March 12 to consumers who pre-order the film’s Blu-ray Combo Pack in Best Buy stores or at www.Bestbuy.com/DJU.

The Weinstein Co. movie, which won Best Supporting Actor (Christoph Walz) and Best Original Screenplay (director Quentin
Tarantino), is available digitally April 2 at CinemaNow. The BD Combo Pack streets April 16.

CinemaNow is among a collection of digital delivery channels such as Apple iTunes, Sony PlayStation, Walmart’s Vudu.com,
Fox’s Digital HD, Warner’s Flixster.com and Microsoft Xbox Live, among others, offering access to new and
catalog releases (some with UltraViolet functionality) on or before street date.

Best Buy is upping CinemaNow’s profile as it downsizes shelf-space in stores for packaged media,
notably DVD releases. CEO Hubert Joly announced the change in strategy during the consumer
electronics retailer’s most recent fiscal call with analysts.

Best Buy is in the midst of internal restructuring aimed at increasing its ecommerce presence
while maintaining same-store sales at smaller footprint retail locations.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/cin...inemanow-29851
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW I found something VERY ODD on Blu-ray.com:

Django Unchained Gift Set Blu-ray [USA]
SteelBook / Blu-ray + CD
Sony Pictures | 2012 | May 22, 2013 (2 Months)

As u can see from the BOLD. Blu-ray.com is saying that Sony will release a gift Set of the film in the states.
This is odd because Sony has OVERSEAS home video distribution and NOT US distribution..
I think they ment to say "FRANCE"..LOL

[update]
The "Gift Set" IS FOR Sweden ! and not the USA
info was found/confirmed HERE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8621062.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	11588   Click image for larger version

Name:	mar10_17_django_preorder_1x3.png
Views:	41
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	11590  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-11-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
thanks dude!

I hope the "Exclusive" packaging isnt just some stupid bordered slip cover!

I want a steelbook!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Walmart's VUDU goes active on...

The VUDU copy of Django Unchained arrives to own starting APRIL 2nd.

OWN
HDX (1080p) - Apr 2
HD (720p) - Apr 2

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#more_inf...ango-Unchained

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-10-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
SKYNET: BestBuy.ca shows postcards with their version....

The item in question was found on Best Buy CANADA. This item could just be for Canadians [im not sure].

Bestbuy.com (thats USA) still has not release ANY new info besides the small thumbnail that I posted in a previous thread.

[Note/update]: IF the cover posted below IS infact the Best Buy exclusive [for the USA]..than that mean that the bluray
will come in a "picture frame type" slip-sleeve that is made to look like metal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	M2204560_1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	11614   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2204560_2.jpg
Views:	1894
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	11615  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-13-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Walmart's Exclusive: Detailed

Walmart's exclusive comes with a Bonus disk that has the fallowing Special Feature on it:
  • "Django Unchained: Re-imagining the Spaghetti Western" - A Making-of Documentary.

The Bonus disc comes with both the Bluray and DVD. 'Walmart's VUDU digital copy' also is included with both versions
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0001313259725_500X500.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	11626  
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM
For SKYNET....Part TWO

Here is a semi-bigger image of the BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE
SOURCE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bestbuyexclusive.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	11655  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-18-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
I think i decided against the Best Buy exclusive... I could not care less about dumb ass Post Cards!

If they have exclusive content, then maybe... but Post Cards is a stupid exclusive!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I think i decided against the Best Buy exclusive... I could not care less about dumb ass Post Cards!
If they have exclusive content, then maybe... but Post Cards is a stupid exclusive!
The postcards are most likely for just CANADA. As for BestBuy (USA)..
when u preorder the film you do get excess to special content via Cinemanow.
I mentioned it here: http://www.joblo.com/forums/showpost...80&postcount=6

I just found this image in the forums section of Bestbuy.com.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	is this for bestbuy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	11658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Django2_zpse7ded4ad.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	11659  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-18-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Well now best buy is back in my sights.. I am digging that exclusive art work!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 AM
TARGET's Exclusive: The steelbook+ bonus disc

Exclusively at Target: Django Unchained Blu-ray SteelBook Combo Pack with bonus disc with “The Stars of Django Unchained Unleashed at Comic-Con 2012” featurette (approximately 53 minutes) which contains:

The San Diego Comic Con 2012 full coverage of the exclusive Hall H convention panel that features Quentin Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kerry Washington, Don Johnson and Walton Goggins. Director Quentin Tarantino and cast introduced the upcoming film Django Unchained to the world with a conversational Q&A. Tarantino provided insight into his unique filming style and his overall process from conception to execution, leaking fan-filled factoids and trivia. The cast provided insight into their characters and how they prepared for their respective roles.
source: http://www.examiner.com

http://www.target.com/p/django-uncha...d/-/A-14504231

found theses images on forum.dvdtalk.com and also HERE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	djangop.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	11725   Click image for larger version

Name:	14504231_Alt01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	11726  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Nice! I'm glad I didnt pre order at Best Buy... that steelbook is mine from target!

Nice find Ruly!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 AM
awesome news.
nice job Target
Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
update on the BestBuy exclusive.. its a "DigiPak" [updated via 4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
'Django Unchained Blu-ray Combo Pack with exclusive packaging and content']
A new image can be found on BestBuy's website. By the looks of it... it's a DigiPak

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-14-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM
The Exclusives: WALMART CANADA| Better picture of BBY exclusive

Django Unchained (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (with Django T-Shirt) (Walmart Exclusive) (Bilingual)

Features
DVD Special Features: Walmart Exclusive includes Blu-ray Combo Pack and Django T-Shirt
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/django-u...ngual/10206317
-------------------------------------------------------------
Best Buy Exclusive packaging and over 30 minutes of exclusive content Featuring:
Around The Globe With Django Unchained: Conversations With The Filmmakers And Cast

As much as I LOVE STEELBOOKS. There is no TARGET store near or around where I live so, I am gonna have to get BBY's version [ its ALOT closer.LOL]
-------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an observation I just made:

django Unchained's bluray has special Feature called "Reimagining the Spaghetti Western: The Horses & Stunts of Django Unchained"
and Walmart's exclusive is: "Django Unchained: Re-imagining the Spaghetti Western"

Theys sound almost sound the same
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	apr14_11_8621062_customD.png
Views:	20
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	11906   Click image for larger version

Name:	1301369_Large_1.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	11907  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: code number 868
Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
The Best Buy Exclusive

I picked up the DJANGO UNCHAINED: BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE 3-DISC DIGIBOOK today.

images will be added SOON

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-16-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Target Steelbook.

I didn't like the look of the Best Buy one, this is my first steelbook purchase yay
Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 PM
ya i went with the Target STeelbook.. As i simply can not turn down a steel book! This one is particularly nice, just the artwork and feel of it.

I actually woke up early so I could get this exclusive, went to the store at 8am when they opened, there were 4 of us already there, they couldnt find the books, so they took our names n numbers and 3 of the dudes left while I stuck around and asked if the lady would call the other target in my area and see if they had any of the books, as she was on the phone someone radio'd her from the back and said he had found them!

Of course, I was in a Target 2 hours ago, and they still had a ton of these Steelbooks... guess I didnt have to wake up early!