Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Do you think that teachers should take self defence classes to pretect students

I was watching the news the other night and they were saying in Texas that the teachers in this state were going for self defence classes so they can pretect there students against gun men or who ever enters the school

I feel it is good for women to take self defence classes for when one is by themselves in a street and if you come across someone you can give them a hefty kick and punch

But to have this coming into schools is wrong to some exstent
How do you defend yourself against a man with a gun pointed at you and how do you pretect the children
You cant the best way is to try and talk the gun man out of doing waht he is doing and try and get the kids out of there

I feel that school is a place for learning and having it a happy place for kids

Do you think that there should be self defence classes for teachers
Plus waht do you do when you have a gun man in the school do you try and hit him or talk him out of doing the crime
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm all for homeschooling. Government schools are awful dangerous places and indoctrination centers that teach children to fear authority and stifle independent and critical thought.

But if you're going to conform to the status quo and send your children there; then it would be better to send them where the office personnel are armed.

Karate chops aren't going to stop a bullet.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
It's a terrible idea. They want to arm and train the teachers...money that could be better spent on materials that the already crippling education system desperately needs to teach adequately. But no, let's work on retroactively preventing what didn't (and probably wouldn't) even happen in Texas (referring to Newtown, CT).

They're asking teachers to be able to carry a weapon and make split-second decisions to keep the peace.

The Texas Lieutenant Governor is asking the teachers to be cops.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post

Yeah, that's why I say it's time to forget sending your kids to government or government funded schools. We have now reached the point of no return.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Well l agree it is aterrible idea and just say you are in the firing line you wont be able to pretect children by hitting the intruder

it is true the texas governer wants the state to be cops in a way and all what happens here is more people will still get hurt

Even carrying a firearm is not good for the children to see
School should feel safe and happy but to have children seeing a millatary way is not good

The way you solve problems is getting rid of automatic hand guns where idoits can not use this sort of weapon at least with a hand gun some people can run

But lwhen l was watching the news and they were saying about self defence the guy in charge of this said it was sad that America is resorting to this method
Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
Yeah, that's why I say it's time to forget sending your kids to government or government funded schools. We have now reached the point of no return.
i think goverment run or private schools still have the same problems
But l have to say a rich scholl could put more in but poor school should get the same help too

You can still have a man coming off the street with his firearm

I think they were even suggecting locking the scholls up as well

But this is not good thing to do too
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not a kid NOW.

I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking what it would be like to go to school these days.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not a kid NOW.

I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking what it would be like to go to school these days.
Exactly...I'd hate to have to survive now.

I was part of the last generation to attend school before everything seeped in: YouTube, social networking, cyber-bullying...makes me shudder.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Exactly...I'd hate to have to survive now.

I was part of the last generation to attend school before everything seeped in: YouTube, social networking, cyber-bullying...makes me shudder.
Yes indeedy. I graduated in '95. You?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Yes indeedy. I graduated in '95. You?
Class of 2003 here.

Facebook started in 2004. Barely made it though...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Class of 2003 here.

Phew. Just barely.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:

And still only pay them the salary of one.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes with the internet and other things life at school has changed l wouldn't like to be in school these days I prefer, to see schools up surcrity but,not get the way where you have to punch your way through or think that every person might,be armed with a weapon
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Class of 2003 here.

Yes it is a shame we have to admit that we are the lucky ones l feel if we didn't have the internet things might be diffrent and more kids would be doing,more out door things l feel we had more things going,for,us
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
It's a terrible idea. They want to arm and train the teachers...money that could be better spent on materials that the already crippling education system desperately needs to teach adequately. But no, let's work on retroactively preventing what didn't (and probably wouldn't) even happen in Texas (referring to Newtown, CT).

They're asking teachers to be able to carry a weapon and make split-second decisions to keep the peace.

I'm a high school teacher. Amen to everything you said.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes l have to agree putting more resources into schools is more important than bringing in more guns children need to be edcated in there work so they get somewhere in life this shoould be the most important thing
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Yes l have to agree putting more resources into schools is more important than bringing in more guns children need to be edcated in there work so they get somewhere in life this shoould be the most important thing

The irony of this statement just made my eyes bleed.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Resources can be books computers and lots of other things than putting money into self defence or supplying body guards with guns also GDuncun stop your stirring it won't get you anywhere
Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 AM
I think self-defense is always good for someone to learn, and if a teacher is doing their job in a dangerous area, I think its good for them to be prepared. With so many evil people shooting kids these days, I'd even be in favor of the teachers carrying guns.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Even if it doesn't help much, self-defense couldn't hurt. So I don't know if they SHOULD but I'm certainly not opposed to it.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I am not against self defence classes but bringing guns into schools is wrong l feel that we need to keep schools for learn not volience with guns