Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Think for a second, what if it was Jo himself? Boards have been dying, so he creates this psycho alter ego to post the most asinine threads non stop to at least keep a couple of the sub forums busy until new people join in? You get a good screenwriter and there is a good plot for the next Ryan Reynolds rom-com.
I think JoBlo is just more concerned with MFC and other areas of the website these days.

I don't think Bondgirl was/is a gimmick, but maybe that's just because I would rather believe that than believe someone actually went through the time and effort to be that elaborate of a troll on a relatively unused movie forum.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
She has been trolling the board (as pointed out in other threads) since she joined but she liked to send sweet little emails to the mods so they kept her around while we had to tolerate her utter stupidity as they ignored it. Good riddance. If she signs back up she won't be hard to miss, just look for posts where there are more typos and misspellings than a dyslexic spelling bee and worse grammar than an inner city preschool.

Wait! She's gone?! For REAL?! Oh thank bloody Christ!

I had seriously developed Hulk rage everytime I could barely read one of her post. I can't tell you how I fought the urge daily to just fucking rage out in a post directed to her.

Seriously you do not know how much pure and utter joy this brings me. I'm tempted to pop a bottle of Freixnet in the fridge.

Oh and btw, honor killings are as inherent in the Quran as killing abortion doctors is in the Bible.

Why is it in this country its a just "a few crazy Christians" when this shit happens but with honor killings its inherently part of Islam, the oogie-boogie religion?

Last edited by electriclite; 04-08-2013 at 10:49 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
LOL! You guys are mean! Bondgirl was harmless. Why was she banned anyway? I ask because she never came off as remotely offensive or disrespectful, at least the posts of hers that I read.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
LOL! You guys are mean! Bondgirl was harmless. Why was she banned anyway? I ask because she never came off as remotely offensive or disrespectful, at least the posts of hers that I read.
How could you even read any of them? I hit my tolerance limit mainly because of how ridiculously frequently she posted her threads that read more like a page out of some gradeschool puzzle book.

I have posted 2 paragraph posts using just my iPod Touch and didn't come close to the amount of grammar and spelling errors as she did with just "her phone" that had actual buttons.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I don't think Bondgirl was/is a gimmick, but maybe that's just because I would rather believe that than believe someone actually went through the time and effort to be that elaborate of a troll on a relatively unused movie forum.
The names of the other aliases escape me at the moment, but I always assumed the guy behind Bondgirl was the same guy who pretended to be a couple of other Aussie girls, nubile surfer girls with a love of horror movies and inconsistent pictures in that incarnation. It's also possible it was JJ Flamingo, since that guy was obsessed with those characters and the Bondgirl character was initially tied to a schmoe named James Bond who joined around when JJ was banned and seemed a lot like JJ the lonely perv acting out his ideal so they very well could all be the same person (who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes). I think it was clear it was someone with a grudge against this place who wanted to diminish discourse, annoy schmoes, and test/mock the admins with their behavior.

While whoever is responsible played a role in dumbing the place down, probably helped drive off some good schmoes, and generally was an nuisance, and though they're obviously pathetic as all trolls and especially Catfish-like online personalities are, I have to say that on a certain level I admired their dedication. To spend several hours a day at all hours of the day for over 3 years playing a mentally challenged person on a quiet corner of the web who cannot ever write a legible and correct sentence requires a commitment and diligence that however misdirected is impressive. Think of Joaquin Phoenix pulling his I'm Still Here stunt if he wasn't a celeb and had an audience of 30. It also resulted in occasional (few and far between to be sure, but still there) flashes of comic brilliance where Bondgirl would have a "misunderstanding" in some conversation that contextually was hilarious and almost worthy of Sacha Baron Cohen.

I'm glad he's gone and a little shocked it took this long, but judged as a troll, Bondgirl was one of the best we've had.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Quent, I thought you guys could check IP addresses on Users, hence if more than one account logged in from the same IP you would know it.

Last edited by Gordon; 04-10-2013 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't believe I said 'pc' without hitting myself over the head with a tire iron

I'm just glad it's over.

Quote:
I had seriously developed Hulk rage everytime I could barely read one of her post. I can't tell you how I fought the urge daily to just fucking rage out in a post directed to her.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
My take on it was that Bondgirl was handicapped, but I figured she really did live in Australia. She did the bulk of her posting while I was asleep. Hard to imagine a guy laboring so long over keeping up a false identity.

I'm honestly surprised she's gone though. Didn't realize what she was doing was considered trolling. I never had the impression she was out to antagonize anyone.

geez...oh geez.

I pretty sure I started a thread here once called the Former Schmoe Graveyard and it was closed almost immediately. Maybe it's frowned upon talking about the members that left and the members that were banned. Look how it's brought us all together though! Kind of like the enemy of my enemy is my friend or something like that. Peace at last.

Last edited by Preston_79; 04-09-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
My take on it was that Bondgirl was handicapped, but I figured she really did live in Australia. She did the bulk of her posting while I was asleep. Hard to imagine a guy laboring so long over keeping up a false identity.
Like I said earlier, I believe the same thing, and I dont like the idea of her accessing the site and seeing rude comments about her, if on the off chance she wasn't a troll.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I think JoBlo is just more concerned with MFC and other areas of the website these days.
Not to add to the complete off-topic nature of this thread (probably for the best anyway), but I think that's partially why the forum is dying.

The priority has been solely on MFC ever since it came online which is frustrating cause as is, it's a fractured platform. The forum really should have been integrated into MFC as the central hub from which all the other features extend - and in fact, I think that would have made both so much stronger and more popular. The forum is where you visit to discuss with other people. MFC is where you go to broadcast your thoughts at others from your respective page. The two concepts are absolutely complementary.

Instead, this place has been treated as the bastard step-child since Day 1 of the MFC launch. I can't believe we still need to log in twice between MFC and the forum. There's no way to post threads or post to the forum directly from inside MFC. It makes me sad cause I've always loved this place, considering the impact it's had on the direction of my life. The breadth and depth of knowledge schmoes had collectively was just immense. The level of discussion you could have once here was unparalleled.

I've stuck around in the past few years in the hopes this place would come back to life but it just seems every year, it deteriorates more and more. Without any more boosts on JoBlo's part (more prominent placement of the forum link or calls to join up ala the MFC posts that occasionally pop up in the news section for instance), I feel like this forum will be a ghost town before too much longer .

Re: Bondgirl - She simultaneously destroyed the quality of discussion while keeping these forums more active than they probably would have been otherwise. So as far as trolls go (if she was one), it could have been worse.

I never thought she could be a troll cause of the scary level of effort it would take, but I recall she posted a photo she found online and claimed it was herself and someone else called her out on it so who knows.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 04-09-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Like I said earlier, I believe the same thing, and I dont like the idea of her accessing the site and seeing rude comments about her, if on the off chance she wasn't a troll.
Well, they must have had a good enough reason to ban her. Bondgirl, case you're out there looking at these comments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJiqXaa18eI
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Everybody has come across young posters, dumb posters, 'english is my second language' posters, and even posters who probably have learning disabilities. The internet is open to everybody. Her behavior was not their behavior.

I mean, what exactly do we think a learning disability is? People with learning disabilities don't do that. We know mentally disabled people in real life. They don't use the internet like that.

Fourth graders don't act like that.

Why would she come to a place called joblo and gee willikers around like that? How on earth do you find joblo when you're trying to live in Mayberry? And then why would she just discuss misc. topics once there?

Why did she change her avatar every other day and why did she seem incapable of acknowledging any of the negative reactions other posters had to her beyond a smile and a lesson about being nice to people? Is that what you guys think mentally disabled people do? What?

Why did she spell words wrong in ways that people who can't spell don't spell words wrong?

People don't act that consistently obtuse. Not a kid, not an idiot, not somebody who is still learning english, not somebody with learning disabilities, not nobody not no how, and I'll be damned if the population of kids, foreigners, dullards or mentally disabled people get lumped in with someone like that. For shame on the lot of you.

I'm kidding, but jeez louise she was almost certainly a troll.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey all. I don't visit here or post much on JB'S anymore. It's been that way since late last year. I have just been really busy in real life with stuff. Some of you may be happy about that. Some of you may not even have noticed, or don't care either way. That's cool. I still try and look in though. Because I still firmly believe that MFC is the leading movie site and discussion board on the net. At least for me anyways. Even after reading some of the disgusting things that people have said. Rest assured. I am not trying to stir the pot anymore here. I just felt I should have my say, as I am close to Bondgirl.

I returned on the day that Bondgirl was banned. Sheer coincidence. And I still am unaware as to the real reason she was removed. I would just like to clear a few things up here. Firstly, Bondgirl is a she, not a he. How do I know this? Because I have spoken to her on the phone. She lives 2 states from me in Australia. Bondgirl trolls? Perhaps. But show me a single person on this forum apart from Berge himself plus a few other members who have not trolled or spammed, or made at least one or a few frivolous off-topic comments over the last 6-10 years. You would be hard pressed. I myself have trolled, and have openly admitted to it on numerous occasions. But I guess I must run a close second to Bondgirl in that department.

On to the subject of her making an enormous amount of topics in the MISC section. So what? It's the old saying. If you don't like her topics etc, then just stay clear of them, ya know. Sure she makes alot of typos. Alot! Once again. So what? I have never judged any person by such things. It is not my way to judge another person in that manner. Oh, look, Bondgirl is a fucking retarded bitch who can't even spell or type. That's just not cool. And what's worse is the fact that she may still be able to see all of these awful comments directed at her person. Tha cold hard fact is that she has seen everything. I have held off talking to her since she was banned, because she is overwhelmingly upset by not only what has transpired, but also seeing all of these members lower themselves and taking cheap nasty shots at her. You would not believe the sheer volume of text msgs I have received from her. It's upset me considerably. And I haven't even been here. Quentin, I am particularly disappointed by your comments. You are an extremely intelligent individual. And as such, should be trying to curb this off topic backlash in progress. But no, instead you have only added to it. As a highly respected long time member, and as a moderator, put an end to this please? I am asking you nicely. Not telling you.

Bondgirl is a beautiful person. Who comes across as warm, caring, respectful, and would never consciously set out to be malicious towards any of you in real life. Forums have a tendency to bring out the worst in some people. Myself included. Things can be typed, but not 100% of the time are those words interpreted accurately. We have all done things we are not proud of. Some people more than others. I guess what I am trying to say is it would be nice to see a cessation to these childish, and nasty comments made towards her. Despite what you thought of her, she is as someone has already pointed out, completely harmless. I accept and respect Berge's banning of her. I just don't agree with it. But he is the CEO of all here, so what he says goes.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by God of War; 04-10-2013 at 12:19 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Bondgirl trolls? Perhaps. But show me a single person on this forum apart from Berge himself plus a few other members who have not trolled

Yea we might all have trolled a time or two but we didn't make a fucking full time job of it. Since you have supposedly spoken with her, you would know best, but was she literally "special" and had a legitimate reason for her posting behavior? If so all apologies. If not then screw her. Don't expect any of us to feel sorry for her, we had to put up with that crazy shit.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Yea we might all have trolled a time or two but we didn't make a fucking full time job of it. Since you have supposedly spoken with her, you would know best, but was she literally "special" and had a legitimate reason for her posting behavior? If so all apologies. If not then screw her. Don't expect any of us to feel sorry for her, we had to put up with that crazy shit.
My main goal upon entering this thread was to set the record straight as to the fact that Bondgirl is indeed a she, and not a he. That being said, I am amazed by the sheer volume of members who believe her to be a guy. But that's to be expected in view of the colorful history we have had of people pretending to be someone else. I would not openly lie given the subject. In fact, I wouldn't post false information or unconfirmed stuff. But Bondgirl is a woman. Not a man. Now that part has been straightened out. As for her crazy spelling, posting habits. I will not speculate, or assume anything other than the fact that perhaps she may have an unknown condition that we are all unaware of. I have never actually met her in real life. So, I do not now for certain. Oh, and I am not asking any of you to apologize to her. But for those of you who have called her a man, you are very much mistaken. You owe it to yourselves to at least be a little forgiving in that respect. And I do think that those people should at least trust me when I tell them otherwise. Duncan, you said the word crazy. I am sure crazier shit has gone down here before. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by God of War; 04-10-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:08 AM
But now I'm worried God of War ends up stuffed in an icebox in bondgirl's basement as "she" creaks back and forth in her grandmother's favorite rocking chair wearing her grandmother's favorite wig and her grandmother's favorite mask of human skin.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
No, it wouldn't be, if that's what was going on (saying something bad about them I assume is what you meant, looks like you skipped a word). But echo_bravo the anti-Muslim bigot isn't talking just about fundamentalists who participate in honor killings, he's talking about Muslims. Here's what he said:

That's anti-Muslim bigotry, pure and simple. He's grouping all Muslims together and ascribing them all negative characteristics and complaining about them. As he notes, he's displayed it before. Replace the word "Muslim" with "Jew" and no one here would think it was anything but bigotry and he'd be banned within the day. Anti-Muslim bigotry is pretty common and accepted among Westerners though and this place is pretty lax about hate speech these days.
"Jew", may refer to race. Attacking race would surely not be accepted.

Islam and Judaism, or any belief system, must be subject to scrutiny. While we must tolerate the free speech of theists, we must also not be intolerant of the freedom to voice an alternative view.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 AM
^But it's still bigotry. I didn't think twice about it and chalked it up to other causes before bigotry, but Quentin's not misusing the word. He's putting it in front of other, more appropriate words, but bigotry is still bigotry. I know religious bigots, political bigots - people are so often characterized by their intolerance of other opposing viewpoints or cultural perspectives. I don't even think echo would have been defensive about this if he hadn't associated bigotry with something weightier than it is. Quentin's also right in thinking that westerners tend to tolerate muslim / islam related bigotry, because we do. We tolerate it and some of the media perpetrates it, not with lies, but with a narrowness of narrative. We have a growing intolerance and dislike of some viewpoints and cultures associated with islam, and it's not being politically correct to say so. It's not liberal to say so. It's not political or progressive or anything like that. It is what it is, right?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM
It's perfectly fine to have contempt, hatred, or intolerance for something you believe is evil or wrong. To not would be going against your nature. You really need to explain yourself though as to why you feel this way.

Isn't it actually only bigoted when these feelings are based on prejudices, meaning it's not based on reason or experience? I believe it's only bigoted if you can't back it up.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM
The trouble with excepting bigotry for reasoned intolerance is that pretty much everybody has a reason for thinking the way they do. In the US most people flash back to their understanding of the civil war and slavery when they think about racism or bigotry, but the trouble is, people at that time had reasons to form the opinions they did about people with darker skin. There are surviving newspaper stories of the time involving the dangers, violence and 'wildness' of black people, and while that's a bad comparison with today's stories against Islam and there are plenty of nuances there, the point isn't to compare, it's to illustrate a very generalized acknowledgement that people can always back up their racism or bigotry with examples. The nazis had their reasons too. Antisemitism has its reasoning; a know a guy who has huge problems with Israel, although not jewish people in particular, because he's an atheist and a religious bigot and he is really mad at religious cultures that he views as troublemakers for claiming land based off religious reasons, or religiously reasoned entitlements.

Bigotry is bigotry, and that becomes readily apparent if ever you find yourself talking to an intelligent person who, for whatever reason, has problems with other cultures or races. They're reasoned, articulate, and frame their bigotry with logic. But it's still bigotry. It's still intolerant. That you or I might accept some kinds of bigotry doesn't say anything about that bigotry, it just says something about our levels of tolerance for bigotry.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post

Bigotry is bigotry, and that becomes readily apparent if ever you find yourself talking to an intelligent person who, for whatever reason, has problems with other cultures or races. They're reasoned, articulate, and frame their bigotry with logic. But it's still bigotry. It's still intolerant. That you or I might accept some kinds of bigotry doesn't say anything about that bigotry, it just says something about our levels of tolerance for bigotry.
Are you insinuate that all talk that's anti religion or against a certain culture is always based on prejudices? I would disagree.

Quote:
They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.
I think some would read this and think Cosby's a bigot. If he were white, then absolutely he would be called a bigot. His reasons and logic stand up though. The reasons and logic of a bigot won't, no matter how educated and articulate they are.

Add what Cosby's saying to the list of of conversations a white dude would avoid like the plague if he EVER heard another white dude utter these exact same words. If Cosby were a white republican his career would be over. No one would pay to hear him talk like that.

Last edited by Preston_79; 04-10-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Okay, as per JoBlo's requests that there be no political discussion in this particular thread, I'm closing it.

In regards to those using the word "ignorant" - this is the get out of jail free card.

As far as Bondgirl goes... She's gone, it doesn't matter why and it's of no real concern because the decision was made and it's done. If you'd like to discuss this amongst yourselves via pm or personal email/whatever then feel free, but leave it out of the forums.

Thanks for understanding

-bourahioro
Closed Thread