Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Reese Witherspoon arrested in DUI-related incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3128696.html

Quote:
Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth were arrested over the weekend in a DUI-related incident in Atlanta, Ga. Variety reports that the Oscar-winning actress and CAA agent, who was operating the vehicle, were pulled over early Friday morning after a cop noticed the car driving in the wrong lane.

According to a police report obtained by Variety, "Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe I was a real police officer. I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet."

The report continued: "Mrs. Witherspoon asked, 'Do you know my name?' I answered, 'No, I don't need to know your name.' I then added, 'Right now.' Mrs. Witherspoon stated, 'You're about to find out who I am.'... Mrs. Witherspoon also stated, 'You're going to be on national news.' I advised Mrs. Witherspoon that was fine."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Sad to hear. She's always been a favorite of mine and aside from the fact I love her movies and she's adorable, she always seemed to be well adjusted and a good mother. She's got a new baby what's she finding herself in this situation for? A mother of three. Sad.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
i really can't stand celebrities when they say "don't you know who i am?" or something to that degree.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Saw her mug shot. Best mug shot ever. She actually looked quite gorgeous in it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Kevin Smith must be thrilled by this news.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Saw her mug shot. Best mug shot ever. She actually looked quite gorgeous in it.
Yea she looked good no doubt, but it's obvious most celebrities have the God complex.



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Kevin Smith must be thrilled by this news.
My first thoughts, too, also if the reports are accurate they confirmed a bit what he said about her.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
My first thoughts, too, also if the reports are accurate they confirmed a bit what he said about her.
I had to look this up myself. Here's Smith's post on her from '01. http://viewaskew.com/press/psycomic/5.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I had to look this up myself. Here's Smith's post on her from '01. http://viewaskew.com/press/psycomic/5.html
Thanks for the link, interesting.

I don't blame Blair for not having any part of his vendetta against Reese. Pissy people are dull and boring. Any guy going on for 30 minutes calling a woman "greasy" is pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM
she seems like a stuck up bitch.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
.

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...llout/2103425/

Quote:
For Reese Witherspoon, arrest is a 'PR nightmare'

Donna Freydkin and Andrea Mandell, USA TODAY6:10 p.m. EDT April 22, 2013

Her image as 'America's sweetheart' takes on a bit of tarnish.


And let the Walk the Line jokes commence.

Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon, she of the squeaky-clean, perky image and picture-perfect family, was arrested along with her husband, Jim Toth, early Friday morning in Atlanta. He was pulled over under suspicion of DUI, and she was busted for disorderly conduct after verbally sparring with the police officer.

Her now-infamous line to the officer, after he pulled the couple over: "Do you know my name? You're about to find out who I am."

The police report, obtained by Variety, is almost as entertaining, and eyebrow-raising, as some of Witherspoon's best lines from her breakout comedy Legally Blonde. "You should read the police report and see her comments," says Gary Morgan of Corbis Entertainment and co-founder of Splash News. "It was a very tragic but comical situation. She's going to be highly embarrassed. The public will see the persona behind image."

The report is wince-inducing, says Paul Dergarabedian, a chief analyst for Hollywood.com. "The line 'Do you know who I am?' that rubs a lot of people the wrong way," he says.

Witherspoon, 37, who won an Oscar for playing June Carter Cash in Walk the Line, issued an immediate apology and walked the red carpet Sunday night in New York to promote her film Mud, without doing any interviews. "I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."

Still, the damage is done, and there's no undoing it, says Janice Min, editor in chief of the Hollywood Reporter. "It's a terrible thing to happen to someone with this sort of image. She's not 22. She's a mother of three. Thank God they didn't kill someone. It's a perfect storm of terrible: the time of night, the way she's reported to have behaved, and her using celebrity as a way out."

People may wonder why Witherspoon and Toth didn't opt to call a cab or get a driver. "That's a big mystery," Min says. "As a parent, you never want to put someone in jeopardy. It makes you think they were so impaired they didn't have the judgment to make that call. There's no good part of that story. There's no silver lining."

Dergarabedian agrees. "A lot of people feel today that a star has the financial means so that they should never get a DWI," he says. "Call a car service."

Witherspoon was in Atlanta shooting the drama The Good Lie; her last few films, including Water for Elephants, Rendition and This Means War, were less than impressive both critically and commercially.

"In terms of her career, it comes at a vulnerable point," Min says. "She hasn't had a major blockbuster in quite a while. For the movie she's doing right now, it creates problems because the narrative will be about her being arrested while she was filming it. I thought her apology was as good as you can get. She said the right things. But an apology can't erase the facts. It's in such stark contrast to the public perception of her."

After playing a series of spunky ladies in upbeat films, Witherspoon was the latest actress to be anointed America's sweetheart, on the heels of Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts. Yet in person, none of the three are sweetness and light. Ryan is quiet and introverted; Roberts has a biting wit to her and doesn't suffer fools.

So who is Witherspoon? The charmer from Sweet Home Alabama or entitled star on display in that matter-of-fact police report? It's a PR nightmare, Dergarabedian says, "particularly for a star who's not known as being edgy. But it definitely raises her profile right now, for better or for worse."

At least she apologized, which is more than you can say for most celebs when this happens.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
At least she apologized, which is more than you can say for most celebs when this happens.
Definitely. She could have used the old celebrity "apology" of saying "I'm sorry for any perceived wrong-doing but I would ask everyone to wait until all of the facts and details are out before passing judgment".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
The officers response when she said he was going to be on national news had me cracking up laughing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Meh, she may be a standard two faced Hollywood lead actress, but who hasn't said something incredibly stupid when drunk? It's not the end of the world.

For all we know she could have been saying those things humorously.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM
My opinion of her totally changed. She always came off as this America's sweetheart, but she is just another hollywood bitch.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
My opinion of her totally changed. She always came off as this America's sweetheart, but she is just another hollywood bitch.
Why? Because she said something stupid while drunk or because of the DUI?

The DUI is understandable, that's not something to take lightly. She's lucky that nobody got her hurt while driving drunk.

But what she told the cop is of little consequence. She was friggin' drunk while saying it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Why? Because she said something stupid while drunk or because of the DUI?

The DUI is understandable, that's not something to take lightly. She's lucky that nobody got her hurt while driving drunk.

But what she told the cop is of little consequence. She was friggin' drunk while saying it.
1. Yes
2. No excuse. "Hey I am drunk I can say whatever I want." Fuck that.
3. Most people tend to be who they really are when they are drunk.
4. It was her whole attitude about what happened. She totally believes she is better than anyone else. She is not. She might have more money, but the law is the law and her dumb fuck husband was drunk and driving and got caught.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 PM
It was her husband who was driving drunk? I actually didn't know that.

She still has some culpability I suppose for not having her and husband call a cab or something.

Still, she said something stupid while drunk. She then apologized for it. No big deal.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
It was her husband who was driving drunk? I actually didn't know that.

She still has some culpability I suppose for not having her and husband call a cab or something.

Still, she said something stupid while drunk. She then apologized for it. No big deal.
That is how I read it when I saw the mug shots.
I do wonder what you thought when Mr Mel Gibson said what he said when he was drunk? Did you give him a pass? hmmm hmmm.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Mel Gibson is a different story. He strikes me as a guy who is constantly struggling with his inner demons. I'm just gonna leave it at that. I don't want to get too off topic in this thread. I'm not giving him a pass for his words. I think there is a huge difference between what he said and what Reese said.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Mel Gibson is a different story. He strikes me as a guy who is constantly struggling with his inner demons. I'm just gonna leave it at that. I don't want to get too off topic in this thread. I'm not giving him a pass for his words. I think there is a huge difference between what he said and what Reese said.
Bullshit meter is off the charts. To actually see hypocrisy as it happens. Wow!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 PM
How dare you call me hypocrite! Do you have any idea who I AM?!! Who you are dealing with?!!





































































Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm not defending her, I think it's disgusting when anyone drinks and drives (she's just as guilty as he is here).

However, there's a chance she said what she said not to get out of trouble, but in a dry sense as in "boy, you're going to be famous tomorrow, do you know who I am?"

Really there's no way to know for sure what she meant. It might not have been the typical situation where the celebrity is expecting to get out of it due to their celeb status. By now they should all know that doesn't work.

Just a thought, and I myself have said stuff when drunk I didn't mean at all. It's not always true that you say what you really feel when you're drunk. Some of us like me, say ridiculous things out of left field.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
How dare you call me hypocrite! Do you have any idea who I AM?!! Who you are dealing with?!!
LOL Good one!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Why? Because she said something stupid while drunk or because of the DUI?

The DUI is understandable, that's not something to take lightly. She's lucky that nobody got her hurt while driving drunk.

But what she told the cop is of little consequence. She was friggin' drunk while saying it.
Agree 100%
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:48 PM
an update
Quote:
Reese Witherspoon said she panicked, said some "crazy things" and even claimed to be pregnant the night she was arrested in Atlanta on a disorderly conduct charge.

During an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America," Witherspoon repeatedly apologized for her behavior during the April 19 traffic stop. A police report states that Witherspoon asked a Georgia state trooper, "Do you know my name?" and added, "You're about to find out who I am."

In her first sit-down interview about the arrest, the Oscar-winning actress told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that she had "one too many" glasses of wine, and panicked after she and her husband were pulled over.

"I have no idea what I was saying that night," she said. "I literally panicked. I said all kinds of crazy things. I told them I was pregnant. I'm not pregnant."

Witherspoon, 37, was arrested after the trooper said she wouldn't stay in the car while her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was given a field sobriety test.

Toth was charged with drunken driving and is due in court May 23. Witherspoon faces a May 22 court hearing on the disorderly conduct charge.

"There are so many lessons learned," she said.

"When a police officer tells you to stay in the car, you stay in the car," she said. "I learned that for sure. I learned a lot."

Another thing she learned, she's not a lawyer.

"I think I played a lawyer in a movie so many times, I think I am a lawyer," she said.
There was no mistake made. She is like everyone else from Hollywood and thinks she is something special and above the law. She bullshit "interview" does not change a thing to me. Sorry Reese, you are full of shit

The best part is when she says she should listen to the officer and stay in the car. It is like every episode of Cops.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Ugh, Reese Witherspoon can give all the excuses she wants, but I'm fairly certain the REAL Reese Witherspoon was in the car that night. The fact that she tried to exercise "authority" using her celebrity status, regardless of whether or not she was thinking rationally, shows that deep down, she thinks it's an okay action to take.


Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM
.

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.today.com/entertainment/r...iral-6C9756580

Watch the TMZ video.

The best part is at the end where her husband says, "I have nothing to do with that."


I must say the policeman was as nice as can be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump