Old 04-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Snoop Dogg wants stricter gun lawas

This guy is an absolute moron.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...Black%20Voices
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't see much wrong with what he said. The bill that didn't pass was simply going to implement background checks for people who buy guns. 92% of Americans support background checks for people trying to purchase guns. The fact that the bill didn't pass is shameful.

92%. That means that most liberals and conservatives supported the bill.

Last edited by Bourne101; 04-23-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Bourne, you're not wrong at all and I agree with having background checks.

However , Snoop is an idiot because he has rapped countless amounts of times about guns/violence/murdering other people. The guy is a hypocrite.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
However , Snoop is an idiot because he has rapped countless amounts of times about guns/violence/murdering other people. The guy is a hypocrite.
That's true, but I think him supporting the bill gives an interesting perspective. He knows, first hand, the impact of gun violence. He knows the consequences of both using a weapon and having a weapon used against him. The guy is 41 years old now. It doesn't surprise me that the trauma and paranoia that he has been experiencing for years has worn him out and caused him to go from the hard, ruthless lyrics of something like Deep Cover to his more recent Snoop Lion stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
15,000 felons and/or fugitives tried to buy a gun last year and the feds went after 44 of them. States probably went after some too, but that number is ridiculous considering people are talking about more background checks.

How about enforcing the laws we already have on the books?

Last edited by creekin111; 04-23-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM
I'd like to see Snoop walk around in bad neighborhoods in the middle of the night without any of his 300 lb gorilla armed body guards. And lets see him move into a bad neighborhood with just a door lock on his house with no gate or armed guards around his mansion.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
I'd like to see Snoop walk around in bad neighborhoods in the middle of the night without any of his 300 lb gorilla armed body guards. And lets see him move into a bad neighborhood with just a door lock on his house with no gate or armed guards around his mansion.
This is a bad argument.

1) He's not asking for guns to be outlawed and understands that some people need them for self-defense.

2) This is a guy who has people who want to kill him. The level of threat that he faces is far greater than an average citizen who is probably fine having a few or no guns.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
This is a bad argument.
No its a good argument.

Quote:
1) He's not asking for guns to be outlawed and understands that some people need them for self-defense.
And opposed to others are impenetrable to bullets?

Quote:
2) This is a guy who has people who want to kill him. The level of threat that he faces is far greater than an average citizen who is probably fine having a few or no guns.
Nobody wants to kill anybody but circumstances change depending on where you are NO MATTER who you are. I'm sure if I found myself in certain locations in the United States in the middle of the night yes there would be some lunatic somewhere that would want to kill me. Just because Snoop Dog is in the spot light does not make the law reflect any differently upon him just because he's rich and famous.

Are you saying its ok for a celebrity or rich Republican to arm themselves over a peasant? I can't see how anyone (who's not your buddies on here) wouldn't draw that conclusion from what you wrote. Celebrities and people in the spotlight are not above the law. There's no excuse for this kind of talk. In any case do you think people would entrust someone like Snoop Dog with his criminal record with a gun over someone with no criminal record? Everything else being equal Snoop wouldn't even be allowed to go 1,000 feet within a gun if he had his way push come to shove. Slippery slope snoop.

Politics forum move pleeez.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
And opposed to others are impenetrable to bullets?
As opposed to others who do not want a gun because they do not perceive their level of threat to be great enough to need a gun. I wouldn't have a gun in my house if you paid me. Some people feel the need to have one. I don't.

Quote:
Just because Snoop Dog is in the spot light does not make the law reflect any differently upon him just because he's rich and famous.
I never said that the law should reflect differently upon him.

Quote:
Are you saying its ok for a celebrity or rich Republican to arm themselves over a peasant?
No, I'm not. I'm saying that it makes sense that someone who is in the spotlight and who is under a constant threat would have more guns (or bodyguards with guns) than an average citizen. How adequate protection is reached is going to vary depending on the person.

Quote:
In any case do you think people would entrust someone like Snoop Dog with his criminal record with a gun over someone with no criminal record? Everything else being equal Snoop wouldn't even be allowed to go 1,000 feet within a gun if he had his way push come to shove. Slippery slope snoop.
I don't disagree.

But anyway, we've already been through like 10 pages of this shit before. I don't see this going anywhere.

Last edited by Bourne101; 04-24-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM
another great apolitical thread from echo
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
another great apolitical thread from echo
Nah I think its a celebrity thread, unless Snoop Dogg has joined into the political game which I admit is possible.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Hard to believe a political thread about Snoop Dogg doesn't involve marijuana.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Hard to believe a political thread about Snoop Dogg doesn't involve marijuana.
Kinda what I was thinking!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Snoop's decision to follow the Rasta movement is the reason he is fighting Congress's decision to not pass the Gun Control Bill. Throughout his career he has rapped about gun violence and has even been involved in legal issues involving gun violence. But people's minds can change. If Snoop gets in trouble with the law involving guns or decides to start rapping about gun violence than he is in the wrong here. But as of now he has changed his persona as well as his mindset on gun control in our country.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
But anyway, we've already been through like 10 pages of this shit before. I don't see this going anywhere.
Then next time just ignore me. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Nah I think its a celebrity thread, unless Snoop Dogg has joined into the political game which I admit is possible.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Thats good haha everytime I think of Snoop Dogg I think of Old School when Will Ferrel is naked and interrupts him at the house.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Snoop Dog is responsible for a large chunk of gun violence in America. He needs to shut the fuck up.

We do need better gun control, but hearing this from someone who has glorified & preached gun violence for generations is like hearing Hitler preach tolerance.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Thats good haha everytime I think of Snoop Dogg I think of Old School when Will Ferrel is naked and interrupts him at the house.
Also from this movie...

Quote:
-What you need, homey?

-Crack. 20 bucks' worth.

-Crack?... Smells like bacon in this muthafucka.
Quote:
-What's that?

-Motherfucking crack, man.

-That's right, Jimmy Crack Corn. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Oh, you're federally fucked now. You got crack... and a gun. You know with your record you can get 10 years per bullet? Now you gon' gimme a name.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Bourne, you're not wrong at all and I agree with having background checks.

This is America. You can be a hypocrite once you get rich and become all noble.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:46 PM
I respect how he feels and where he comes from, but how about some sort of mention of all the kids in neighborhoods like the one he grew up in who got shot because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? Now was the perfect time to say, "No one cared until it happened to white kid." And he would be on point. I guess Snoop is not keeping it real.