Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Jim Carrey won't support Kick Ass 2

because its too violent. It looks like that Sandy Hook tragedy really has affected him.

Perhaps having just gotten around to watching the Kick-Ass 2 trailer, Jim Carrey tweeted some reservations on Sunday evening. "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence," he wrote. "I meant to say my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/jim-c....html?mid=imdb
Old 06-24-2013, 05:09 AM
I think Hit Girl needs to smack him around the chops a few times to make him come to his senses. If he has any to begin with. Fancy not supporting a film you are in. Onya, Jim.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Current events can change people's perspectives. It's understandable. Hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the film's success, though, as that wouldn't be fair to every one else who took part in it.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I love Jim Carrey, but I cant get on board with him here. It actually kind of pisses me off because it gives credence to the tools out there who say that movie violence is the reason for tragedies such as Sandy Hook and other horrific acts of violence. Kick Ass 1 had nothing to do with what happened at Sandy Hook, a fucked in the head kid who needed years and years of therapy and friends and a mother who locked the gun cabinet are what caused Sandy Hook.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 PM
He is playing a character that refuses to use his GUN for god sake's - what the fuck kind of switch get turned in his brain now?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Very odd news...Im still expecting this to be Carrey's best role in years
Old 06-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Dear Jim......stop being a pussy
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 PM
To make something as great as Cold Dead Hand and then follow it up with this statement to avoid being called a hypocrite is disappointing. The only people calling him a hypocrite were dipshit Fox News employees (AKA people whose opinions can be disregarded). It also shows a lack of consideration for the people who put a ton of effort into making the movie (even if he did apologize).
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 AM
Its a shame he wont promote Kick Ass 2 cause he's really funny in interviews. I'm hoping the producers, director and writers can change his mind.

On a side note(kinda off topic but Kick Ass related), a co worker of mine who is like in his late 20s said he thought Hit Girl was "hot". I told him that she is like 16. He then said "Isnt that the legal age?" Umm no I said, its 18 dude. Fuckin dumbass.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I told him that she is like 16. He then said "Isnt that the legal age?" Umm no I said, its 18 dude. Fuckin dumbass.

It is here.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
On a side note(kinda off topic but Kick Ass related), a co worker of mine who is like in his late 20s said he thought Hit Girl was "hot". I told him that she is like 16. He then said "Isnt that the legal age?" Umm no I said, its 18 dude. Fuckin dumbass.
Age of legal consent in a lot of states is 16! But I do believe that only covers someone up to 21 years old

(Dont know why I know that, Im not some creepy internet perv, I swear!!)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM

Last edited by JES; 08-06-2014 at 05:11 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Because it is OK to say Hit-Girl is cool because she murders people, but holy fuck don't dare to say Hit-Girl is hot because she's only 16 years old. At least Adam Lanza had the decency not to fancy a young girl and just killed 26 people.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
Because it is OK to say Hit-Girl is cool because she murders people, but holy fuck don't dare to say Hit-Girl is hot because she's only 16 years old. At least Adam Lanza had the decency not to fancy a young girl and just killed 26 people.
Da fuck?!

Its highly illegal to hook up with an underage girl. Thinking Hit Girl is cool is fine and dandy cause its all make believe but thinking she's "hot" and wanting to act on those notions...thats pretty fucked up. She's far too young.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Damn Jim Carrey just needs to shut his damn mouth lately. This plus some of the other stuff he has said makes me not want to support his movies anymore. You are an actor man, do everyone a favor and just act. We don't need any more misinformed celebrity political activists.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Damn Jim Carrey just needs to shut his damn mouth lately. This plus some of the other stuff he has said makes me not want to support his movies anymore. You are an actor man, do everyone a favor and just act. We don't need any more misinformed celebrity political activists.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Its highly illegal to hook up with an underage girl. Thinking Hit Girl is cool is fine and dandy cause its all make believe but thinking she's "hot" and wanting to act on those notions...thats pretty fucked up. She's far too young.
But shooting someone in the face isn't highly illegal? Does your friend act upon his notions that he thinks Hit-Girl is hot? Is he currently hooking up with Hit-Girl? Is he hooking up with 16 year olds? Probably not, it's just in his head where he's giving Hit-Girl a Dirty Sanchez while using an uzi to kill every asshole he's ever met in his life.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
But shooting someone in the face isn't highly illegal? Does your friend act upon his notions that he thinks Hit-Girl is hot? Is he currently hooking up with Hit-Girl? Is he hooking up with 16 year olds? Probably not, it's just in his head where he's giving Hit-Girl a Dirty Sanchez while using an uzi to kill every asshole he's ever met in his life.
Wow your logic is really off (no offense) but Kick Ass is all make believe. Hit Girl doesn't actually kill anyone in these films.

And he's not my friend, just a co worker. I've never hung out with him and probably never will cause he's kinda creepy (hence finding Hit Girl really hot)
Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Threads need to stop devolving into hatred. Im seeing too much of it lately. There is one poster we should all band (har har) together against... but otherwise we're still all just schmoes. Some old, some new... just stay respectable. Argue your case, but whats with all the insults and low-ball comments lately?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
To make something as great as Cold Dead Hand and then follow it up with this statement to avoid being called a hypocrite is disappointing. The only people calling him a hypocrite were dipshit Fox News employees (AKA people whose opinions can be disregarded). It also shows a lack of consideration for the people who put a ton of effort into making the movie (even if he did apologize).
Haha. Cold Dead Hand was awesome.

But this definitely makes me like Jim Carrey less. Especially as others have already pointed out, his character refuses to use guns.

And mark me down as somebody who thinks Hit Girl is COOL but NOT hot!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:

Age of consent in North America - "All U.S. states set their limits between 16 and 18"
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Hit Girl IS hot. Really hot. I can say this. I'm too old for her, but yes, she's hot.
This doesn't mean I'm being "dirty", I'm just saying she's quite beautiful.

Now, if I started talking about dirty filthy things I'd do to her... I would say that's across the line.

As for Jim Carrey... I respect his decision, and who knows how he's been affected by certain events within his life.

Also, his "not promoting the movie" is great promotion. Everyone is talking about it!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm not hating on echo_bravo btw, I love that guy. I just never though that he'd be a man of the law. The strict 17 year and 364 days is an immature child that should not be considered hot, 17 years and 365 days is a mature legal woman and ready to be fapped upon kinda type.

And considering the thread is about what a douche Jim Carrey is for not liking violence, it's like violence is OK but finding a girl attractive is not. It just seems odd.

But I'll stop bondgirling this thread :P
Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 PM
^^^
lol Herald you're all good in my book. I just was sorta taken aback by your comparison but I do see where you are coming from after rereading your posts.

That said, I wish Carrey would reconsider cause he's doing a major disservice to all the men and women that contributed to the film. I'll probably be waiting for it on dvd anyways cause I've been spending so much on movies this summer.