Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 AM
The Rock's insane diet for Hercules...HOLY SHIT

He's getting even bigger for his role as Hercules (which is being directed by Brett Ratner so I'm obviously skipping this shit) but I found his diet plan to be flat out crazy. I would never try something like this.

Thats 7 full meals a day plus he probably has to work out a shit ton. Damn. Kudos to him for being dedicated to his craft.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
I would prefer to know his steroid cycle.
Exactly what I came here to say. I mean I get that celebrities can't tell the truth about it because it's potentially a career ender for some of them. Although Stallone and Arnold were pretty open with their steroid use and it didn't seem to affect their careers any.

Also, just for some perspective:

Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
That's so much food I'm sure his neighbors can smell what the Rock is cooking.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
I would prefer to know his steroid cycle.
Actually you could be right. I wouldnt doubt him using steroids to get big. A number of actors have done so. I wondered the same about Tom Hardy for his role as Bane.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
That's so much food I'm sure his neighbors can smell what the Rock is cooking.
LMAO, good one
Old 06-25-2013, 08:45 PM
so when he's not busy eating or working out, is he on the toilet? that's a lot of food going in!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, that's insane. But I'm also working under the assumption that every ripped WWE wrestler from the heyday late 90s/early 2000s were heavy juicers. It WOULD make sense that he would continue that into his action film career.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Well, being that his full time JOB is having a massive build, he needs a LOT of calories to keep fuel in his body.
Protein is probably half of his diet, which looks exactly what his meals consist of. That first thing on every meal list is his protein and low fat section. The rice is his carbs (which is about 25% of his calories), then the fiber and other nutrients are the asparagus and broccoli.

I would wager he also takes many supplements and drinks protein shakes.
Then, he works out 3-4 hours a day (my guess). Probably a split routine. Half the workout (maybe 2 hours) in the morning, and six hours later the other half (1 - 2 hours more). Six days a week.
I would also think that he does 40-60 minutes of cardio 2-4 days a week.
He probably burns 5000-7000 calories a day, and with his body breaking down muscle he needs to rebuild it - thus, LOTS of protein and calories in general.
How much does he weigh, like 250? That means he's taking 250-300 grams of protein, and about 150-200 grams of carbohydrates to keep up his energy levels and rebuild muscle.

Man, if I had the time to do that, I'd be a freaking beast as well. But nowhere near his size lol

Last edited by KcMsterpce; 06-26-2013 at 01:24 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 AM
The guy is still boring and yes this is prob bulltit, his real secret is whatever drugs they be pumping him with, not some baked potatoes, rice and fish
Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellamorte dellamore View Post
The guy is still boring and yes this is prob bulltit, his real secret is whatever drugs they be pumping him with, not some baked potatoes, rice and fish
Id wager its quite legit. The particular diet gif... but I know a thing or two about said body-type. That is what you eat...

The torn abdominals rule too... I bet he's lovin that experience.

Last edited by Inglorious; 06-26-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Diet does crack me up... but its typically 8 meals and the blood doesnt provide much for an 8th meal.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 AM
What will be more epic? His shits? Or this shitty movie??
Old 06-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Is this real? What the hell is the last item?

"1 cup Nemean Lion blood upon rising. (served fresh & warm)"
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Arnie almost looks like a kid when compared to the giant Andre, and man tree Wilt. On the of Conan The Destroyer movie set.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
you found the skinniest and largest pics you could of the man? C'mon I could find the same difference in pictures of Oprah.

Building is all about intake and his diet is absurd but if he's burning 3,500 calories per day he would need that kind of fuel. It could be steroids. Anytime someone gets that big it could always be steroids. But the guy seems to put in the work seven days a week (I follow him on Twitter and Instagram and he constantly posts his work). Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He was 250-260 when in the WWF (late 90s early 2000s when I watched) bc his midsection was larger. If you remove that girth he had from back in the day and replace that weight in other areas it's logical.

I understand the skeptics. But Rock was always big. It's not like seeing Carrot Top jump to the size of a body builder and not asking any questions. But it's not a stretch to think that Dwayne Johnson built himself into what he is today, physically just by hard work and dedication.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 PM

He obviously has good genetics, but let's be real the guy is juicing to get as big as he does when he is doing a movie that requires it. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN HOLLYWOOD.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM
He is a fucking monster. I don't know if he is using steroids or not, but it seems he has the right genes, body type, build, discipline, diet, resources (like trainers, supplements, equipment etc.), and work ethic so there is no reason to automatically think it is steroids.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah, it's easy to insist "steroids" just because someone is huge.
The thing is - and that picture of him "at 15" really helps drive the point home - bodybuilding takes YEARS before someone gets that big.

It's not like someone just "starts working out and eating right and six months later they're a monster".
He's been doing this for MANY years, and he knows how to do it. Also, his body type allows that kind of monster frame.

There are so few people in this world that are even capable of doing it naturally, but it's not implausible. It requires so much dedication - and a super strict diet - that the levels big bodybuilders attain to have that kind of body is what makes it impressive.
Steroids? Plausible, yes, but not "truth".
Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing his usual diet is pretty much the same thing. It's basically a full time job to look like that.