Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Alec Baldwin goes on Twitter rant and uses a gay slur

I absolutely hate this guy. He is so full of himself and of course GLAAD gives him a free pass for using a gay slur(he calls a guy a "queen") because he's a big fat liberal

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1384816

Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Gay slur? None of my gay friends would even emote at the use of "queen" during speech. I dont think its all that insulting... other words, however...

With that said, he is getting his career in to deep shit with all of these comments. I feel he's up there in the performing skills category but perhaps not in the personality category. (Which is a strange combination)

He's lucky he has all he does career-wise and he needs to knock this shit off. Seems we see nasty stuff about him every other year or so.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:29 PM
This is a bit overboard, but he kind of has the right to be pissed. His wife was obviously getting slandered at his friend's funeral.

Seems to me that this George Stark was baiting Baldwin.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree with Anderson Cooper.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
I agree with Anderson Cooper.
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:16 PM
How the fuck is calling someone a queen a gay slur? This is getting a little out of hand...
Old 06-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
How the fuck is calling someone a queen a gay slur? This is getting a little out of hand...
Exactly. Especially since my gay friends LABEL people as such based on their perception of how gay the other is. Sure it can be used in a rude manner as Im sure Baldwin is doing... but overall its not a big deal as far as these things go.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
Care to elaborate?
http://www.inquisitr.com/822068/alec...derson-cooper/
Old 06-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
He's gay and seeking attention after losing his job and outing himself. Lets just go with the one opinion... ok. I showed this to 2 friends today. They are gay, they didnt care. They did mention their surprise that he wasnt arrested on death threats though. Queen is hardly a slur, its more of a moniker. I promise.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Between this and Paula Deens deal, seems like a lot of overreacting going on with people in the world right now
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
i'm still trying to figure out why people Tweet in the first place?! as far as using the term queen to describe a person... sometimes it seems like the world has become way too sensitive!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
While its no where near as bad as being called a faggot, I find calling some gay guy a queen to be pretty disrespectful.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh, goody. Another non-political thread here.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM
yep it isnt a political thread. Just a thread about a dbag actor going on a Twitter rant
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Oh, goody. Another non-political thread here.
oh goody another post that makes no sense. Alec Baldwin is a celebrity hence this subject is in the celeb talk/gossip I think it makes a ton of sense. So I'm personally really confused about your apparent confusion.

Alec Baldwin is a douche, but I don't really see a huge deal. This, the Paula Deen thing is just a lot of overreacting.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
He is so full of himself and of course GLAAD gives him a free pass for using a gay slur(he calls a guy a "queen") because he's a big fat liberal
Quote:
yep it isnt a political thread. Just a thread about a dbag actor going on a Twitter rant
And you just happened to start that thread about Carey Mulligan and Hillary Clinton, with no political motive to sneak into it. Sure.

This kind of thing has been going on in this forum for years. At this point, I guess nothing is ever going to get done about it but it still rankles me, especially when people start threads like this because they have a distaste for a celebrity's politics but swear up and down that they're not doing just that.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
And you just happened to start that thread about Carey Mulligan and Hillary Clinton, with no political motive to sneak into it. Sure.

\
Honestly I didnt have any sneaky political motive at all. It was a thread about an actress turning down a major role. I did comment on how unattractive I found Hilary to be. If thats a political motive then I guess I'm guilty.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:30 PM
It's all about context. I don't need to cross examine my gay friends to know what Baldwin said was meant to offend. His use of the word queen was not designed to make anyone feel good. Baldwin's a hateful prick.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-30-2013, 03:08 PM
while I do agree our society has gotten extremely PC, I wouldn't dare call my gay co worker a "queen". That would be like calling him a girly man.

And yeah Baldwin is a talented actor, I'm a fan of his roles in The Aviator, Glengary Glenn Ross and Beetlejuice but he seems like a miserable human being.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
Insults are designed to hurt someone, not to offer a political statement. "Cunt" doesn't infer misogyny, "fag" or "queen" doesn't infer homophobia. Some people are overly sensitive.
Cunt can infer misogyny, and fag or queen can infer homophobia.....or not. Totally depends. I just agree with Anderson Cooper that he's getting a pass while other's would be destroyed. I'm not sure why Baldwin would get a pass other than the obvious, that he's a lefty.

Anyway, the word was also obviously used to describe a sexual orientation because Baldwin followed it up with "I'd stick my foot up your ass if I didn't think you'd like it", or something like that. Again, not something I need to ask a gay person if that sounds homophobic, or a slam on their sexuality.

I consider myself a bit of a lefty and I'm a huge fan of his work. Just calling it the way I see it.

Last edited by Preston_79; 06-30-2013 at 04:58 PM..
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 PM
In all fairness, they guy probably really is a queen.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
...but he seems like a miserable human being.
Mhmm, I'm sure he agrees with you while getting to bang THIS

every night and getting paid millions.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Mhmm, I'm sure he agrees with you while getting to bang THIS

every night and getting paid millions.
And yet he remains so angry all the time.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
And yet he remains so angry all the time.
Hardly translates to being miserable though. The dude loves to vent. Wife probably loves it though when in bed.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
It's really too bad that he can't be a calm, rational guy. Someone who is well adjusted and beloved by all.

Y'know...like Mel Gibson.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
It's really too bad that he can't be a calm, rational guy. Someone who is well adjusted and beloved by all.

Y'know...like Mel Gibson.
Haha hey now you want see me defending Mad Mel anymore(unlike some others on here). I gave up on the guy after the phone calls. That guy is batshit crazy.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Alec Baldwin has some fairly obvious temper control problems (and has had them for some time, at least back into his marriage with Kim Basinger.)

I just don't think this particular incident is that big a deal. And I don't think he's all that unhappy. Digi probably has it pretty well right. For good or ill, this is what he likes to do and as long as you don't mind occasionally being called something like "a rude little pig", he's probably not that bad to be around. Page Six acts like he's Oliver Reed or something.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:

This kind of thing has been going on in this forum for years. At this point, I guess nothing is ever going to get done about it but it still rankles me, especially when people start threads like this because they have a distaste for a celebrity's politics but swear up and down that they're not doing just that.
I respect you, and your seniority. These comments have come petty. Nostalgia is one thing, what youre doing is entirely different. Please stop posting, or post like you give a damn without playing these cards. It doesnt need to be exact. Some subjects fit many categories and we try our best to decide which one is the most fitting.

And then most of us discuss, some of us, other just read...

I was very much around in your heyday, and Im not liking the recent posts. Lets keep it cool. Schmoes get heated, but going around trolling people's threads... thats not what I care to see here. That said, I agree:

Quote:
Alec Baldwin has some fairly obvious temper control problems (and has had them for some time, at least back into his marriage with Kim Basinger.)

I just don't think this particular incident is that big a deal. And I don't think he's all that unhappy. Digi probably has it pretty well right. For good or ill, this is what he likes to do and as long as you don't mind occasionally being called something like "a rude little pig", he's probably not that bad to be around. Page Six acts like he's Oliver Reed or something.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:55 AM
I think this thread has about come to it's natural end but, just for the record, I don't appreciate being accused of trolling.

I know plenty of people here have disagreed with me over the years but I write what I mean because I want to write it. I have never, not one single time, written a post here with the aim of just getting a reaction from anyone.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
While its no where near as bad as being called a faggot, I find calling some gay guy a queen to be pretty disrespectful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw
Old 07-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
especially when people start threads like this because they have a distaste for a celebrity's politics but swear up and down that they're not doing just that.
Who cares? Many celebrities are outspoken about there politics. Sounds like you'll be suspicious any time any of them are drug into the celebrity forum like there's an ulterior motive.

I for one agree with Baldwin's politics, but I'm not going to hold my tongue or defend him when he's an asshole.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
haha good ol' Louis CK
Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 AM
another not so surprising thing...smh
Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM

Haha

Just another day in the life of Alec Baldwin
Old 08-27-2013, 11:11 PM
A
B
C

Alec be clobbering
Old 08-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Drunk Alec Baldwin seems like a real asshole.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Meh. Couldn't care less. Religious right can't make me hate gay people. Oversensitive left is not going to make me hate politically incorrect people. It's just words people. Be happy it's just words. Gay rights and equality measures have been passing across the country more and more in recent history and gay people in the media have been shown in an increasingly favorable light. Don't sweat the small stuff. In the words of Mike Ehrmantraut on Breaking Bad; "Learn to take 'yes' for an answer". The only thing whining about stuff has ever done is annoy people.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Fucking Queens.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:02 PM
MSNBC Suspends Alec Baldwin and His Talk Show for Gay Slur
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/bu...show.html?_r=0