Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Ellen Page is seeing double

The video game 'ripped off my likeness'

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ff-my-likeness

So the character Ellie (The Last of Us) has a name that sounds like hers and looks like her. Ellie was actually voiced and motion-captured by actress Ashley Johnson.

Kind of reminds me when Kim Kardashian sued Old Navy for having a model in their commercial who looked like her. They reached a settled! Crazy, considering I don't think either of these actresses features that get highlighted, like Ellen's giant forehead, aren't all that unique to them.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Yeah I'm not really seeing any resemblance.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM
The original promotional material looked EXACTLY like her before they recently changed it in advance of the game's release.

Not sure if that's grounds for a lawsuit.

Old and new.

http://www.geekosystem.com/ellen-page-last-of-us/
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM
^^^
okay now that looks pretty similar. Although the video game version still looks a bit younger than Ellen Page
Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I was confused for a few minutes, since I thought she was talking about her own game Beyond: Two Souls - but damn, I can see that in The Last of Us as well.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
When I saw the first trailer for it back at E3 a good year or so ago... I totally thought it was Ellen Page going to be voicing her - until I heard a good amount of dialogue from the game. It really looks just her.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
The old version definitely looks like her, but the new one looks more like Natalie Portman than Page so I'm not sure what her grounds for complaint now are.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I cant envision Natalie Portman in either the new or old version of Ellie. However, either version looks a hell of a lot like Ellen Page in Hard Candy to me (albeit the old looks more-so such than the recent alteration).
Old 07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't see it at all. Seems like a big stretch. Why would she even do this? For money? Pretty big dick move if you ask me.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM
It honestly looks like her face melded with Haley Joel Osment's. But, yeah, why would a hipster like her give a shit?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Shit , I would be happy if they use my face on the best game this Gen has to offer. Way better than all of her upcoming movies.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 AM
This is indeed a cunty move on her behalf. Who gives a fuck honestly?! Stop being so fucking petty!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I really don't get the hate for Page here. Somebody brought up the resemblance, she answered and that was that. Right after, IGN, bloggers and whatnot ran with it and it exploded (for about a few hours). Both Naughty Dog and Page both said it's no big deal. Don't piss off gamers I guess.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Visions View Post
I really don't get the hate for Page here. Somebody brought up the resemblance, she answered and that was that. Right after, IGN, bloggers and whatnot ran with it and it exploded (for about a few hours). Both Naughty Dog and Page both said it's no big deal. Don't piss off gamers I guess.
Co-sign. I don't see pettiness anywhere in that comment.