Old 07-22-2013, 01:37 PM
RIP Dennis Farina

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/...s-farina-dies/

Sad. A class guy and a great actor. I'm glad he got The Last Rites of Joe May done -- one of the underrated films of the past few years. Not quite his last work, but a fitting role to wrap up a career. Dude was a legit city cop in Chicago for a lot of years before becoming an actor. He'll be missed.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:44 PM
I just read about his death. Very sad - I've always liked him a lot. Rip Mr. Farina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ry0g4W0_ZI
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM
very sad indeed. I had no clue he was actually a cop too.

He has a really impressive filmography (my favorite role of his was in Snatch) and I liked his voiceover for Unsolved Mysteries too.

RIP to a very talented man
Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Very sad. Been a fan of his ever since the TV series Crime Story.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM
He was a great actor with a killer mustache. Following up Jerry Orbach's Lenny Briscoe on Law & Order is quite the challenge, but Dennis Farina did a tremendous job of making himself at home with the show. I also loved him as the voice of Wildcat in Justice League Unlimited.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
my favorite role of his was in Snatch
Mine too. I loved the flight to London - taxi, slammed down the drink, passport stamped, Shut up and sit down you big bald fuck. Love him.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM
"E.g., i.e., fuck you!"

RIP
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
"Anything to declare?"

"Yeah. Don't go to England!"

A great actor we lost today. He will be missed. R.I.P.

Strider
Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Terrible news to wake up too. A great character actor!

RIP

Old 07-22-2013, 06:15 PM
So it really must be true that they go in 3's... Gandolfini, Monteith and now Farina (even though I would not put Monteith on even the same ball field as Gandolfini and Farina, just saying famous faces)

I will pop in one of my all time favorite comedy movies tonight to pay tribute: Big Trouble!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 PM
RIP Dennis, absolutely fucking LOVED you in Snatch!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 PM
"Fuck you fuckball!" One of my favorite lines from Get Shorty and from any movie over the past 20 years.
Just heard about this...very sad.
Watched Striking Distance just a couple of months ago!
R.I.P. Dennis Farina...a great actor.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM
RIP
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM
It seems like in most moves he was in, he has the one line that sticks out and cracks you up!

I did watch Big Trouble last night, which has been one of my all time favorite comedies since I first saw it in 2002. And Farina had the best line in the movie:

After his partner falls out of the bis at the airport and his sniper rifle flies out, Janine Garafalo sees the gun (she played a cop), but she was in a hurry to catch the bomb that was on the plane, and after Farina and his partner have had a shit time in Miami... Farina and his partner look at Garafalo thinking they are about to be arrested, thus capping off their shit trip to Miami, Garafalo picks up the rifle, and pulls out the reloader thing and says "carry on" and walks away.. farina looks amazed and says "You know, the city sucks, but the cops are surprisingly nice"... I know i did it no justice in that description, but it is the funniest line in a movie filled with hilarious lines!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
So it really must be true that they go in 3's... Gandolfini, Monteith and now Farina (even though I would not put Monteith on even the same ball field as Gandolfini and Farina, just saying famous faces)

I will pop in one of my all time favorite comedy movies tonight to pay tribute: Big Trouble!
Best, most accurate line of his in that film: "So this is Miami?... They can keep it."
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 03:00 PM..