Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM
awkward Bruce Willis interview

It wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be but damn Bruce lighten up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6viUMICL31E
Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 AM
It's true he was "less than cordial", but in my eyes, he looks like a guy that has just gotten quite tired of doing scores of interviews for the same thing, being asked mundane questions for weeks.

I'm not defending him, but I feel he was more cynical about the process of being interviewed more than going against the man interviewing him.

It was kind of funny to watch, though.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 AM
He just looked really tired and was forced into doing the interview...
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Waaaaah! I just got paid $20 million for this picture, and now I have to do a contractually-obligated interview for 5 minutes! No one knows how HARD it is to be rich like me! Waaaaah!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 PM
He may have been a bit of a dick to the guy, but he was pretty funny. Felt kind of sorry for the interviewer because although the guy asked some lame questions, he seemed genuinely enthusiastic, like he was happy to be there. But at the same time, I understand Willis' point of view and he was being pretty funny about it as well.

All I could think of while watching the interview was Bruce Willis was aping House. Imagine how Dr. House might be like in a situation like this, and I think it'd be pretty similar to how Willis acted.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I suspect that Bruce isn't a very nice guy.

It doesn't really bother me since I'm not always the nicest guy either.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Kevin Smith wasn't bullshitting.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Lol, I thought it was funny. Red 2 Sucked, Willis knows it, and he is forced to constantly travel and promote this film for several months straight. He is just being honest despite how much this is going to piss off the studio. Seems like he just reached that point where he said "fuck it, I'm tired of this bullshit".
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM

At least Bruce Willis is honest. I hate those interviews where the actor tells how good the movie is, how much talent the director has, how the script really sold them and how deep their onscreen one-dimensional character actually is or even worse how the film is an allegory to something else even which clearly it isn't.

Like Willis says, an interview is just sales. It doesn't add anything to the movie and I never watch them. The best way to decide if a movie is good or not is to see it yourself.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenopath View Post
Waaaaah! I just got paid $20 million for this picture, and now I have to do a contractually-obligated interview for 5 minutes! No one knows how HARD it is to be rich like me! Waaaaah!
ha pretty much. He should suck it up.

I was watching Leo and Pitt do endless amounts of press interviews on Youtube (for Django and WWZ) and they were very professional. Thats the way it should be.

But I still love Bruce, just wish he would choose better roles nowadays
Old 07-28-2013, 06:05 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:00 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Kevin Smith wasn't bullshitting.
My thoughts to, since Smith talked about trying to direct Willis I see him differently now, he always seems stubborn.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
My thoughts to, since Smith talked about trying to direct Willis I see him differently now, he always seems stubborn.
It seems that the last 5 years he has really changed. He seems like a grumpy old man now. Maybe his movie with Kevin Smith did it, I don't know. But his performances and movie choices suggests that he no longer cares and is just cashing in at this point.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
It seems that the last 5 years he has really changed. He seems like a grumpy old man now. Maybe his movie with Kevin Smith did it, I don't know. But his performances and movie choices suggests that he no longer cares and is just cashing in at this point.
Outside Of Moonrise Kingdom, I agree with this. Looper was great, but not really because of Willis.

I think it's getting to the point where he's really going to have to take a good look at his career. His action film starring days aren't going to be going on much longer and there are going to be lots of younger actors who can fill that spot. I think he should take a page from Jude Law, who in the last few years has really reinvented himself as a character actor and is doing some of his most interesting work.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I feel he was more cynical about the process of being interviewed more than going against the man interviewing him. It was really kind of funny to watch.