Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
'Famous Jett Jackson' Star Lee Thompson Young Dies At 29

'Famous Jett Jackson' Star Lee Thompson Young Dies At 29

Lee Thompson Young, who starred on TNT's Rizzoli & Isles and played the main character on Disney's The Famous Jett Jackson for three years, has died after committing suicide. He was 29. Lapd officer Sally Madera told the Associated Press that Young's body was found at his North Hollywood home by police Monday morning after he failed to show up for work on the TNT crime drama -- he played Barry Frost alongside Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. The Los Angeles Fire Department was summoned and pronounced him dead at the scene, she said. The show was renewed last week...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/

Last edited by God of War; 08-20-2013 at 01:27 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 AM
I love Jett Jackson when I was younger. This is quite sad. No matter how much success you might achieve or how good your circumstances may seem on the outside, depression is real and scary. Let this be a lesson and let mr. Young RIP and find the peace he couldn't in life.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Damn thats a shame. Talented young man that must of had serious mental problems to take his own life at such a young age. He was great as Jett Jackson and in the Friday Night Lights film.

RIP
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I worked on an episode of Rizzoli & Isles last year and he was on set and was just a normal dude, cracking jokes between takes and just seemed like a good dude. I just will never get killing yourself, but especially at 29 years of age (1 year older than me) and with a good role on a pretty popular TV series... makes no sense
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
I did not know pretty much most of his work but I loved FNL and always thought he was a standout in that movie as Chris Comer. I really wonder why he did it though, killing himself. Seemed like he had a good career, young, good looking and all. Curious if drugs were involved but so far no mention of the reason. RIP
Old 08-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Well, I guess that's one way to get people to notice depression. Have successful people kill themselves.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 AM
I was just reading about his new show last Sunday.Even when your getting paid to do what you love and everything seems to be going
great sometimes sadly it doesnt outweigh the other problems you have.
R.I.P Lee
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 PM
I only know him as Cyborg from Smallville. So true about depression not really having anything to do with how well your life is going. RIP.