Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Ellen Pompeo :"I didn't see any diversity in the Emmys at all."

Ellen Pompeo wasn't a fan of this year's Emmy Awards show.

The 43-year-old actress says she "was really disappointed" by Sunday's telecast.

"I didn't see any diversity in the Emmys at all. The Emmys felt so dated to me," she said in an interview Monday. "... That dance number was embarrassing. Did you see one person of color in that dance number?"

"Grey's Anatomy" is one of the more diverse shows on television, which Pompeo says is one of her favorite things about the series.

"I'm extremely proud of our very, very diverse cast which represents the world that I walk around in every day," she said.

"Grey's Anatomy" is now in its 10th season on ABC. The new season will premiere Thursday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3976039.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't watch the Emmy's (too busy getting drunk and watching football) so I can't comment on the dance number she is referring to. All I know is that Breaking Bad won best Drama which deserved to win.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Diversity is just another word for black when it comes to Hollywood.

How often to do hear about the liberal Hollywood people complaining that there aren't enough Indian or Asian actors/actresses?

Last edited by rocknblues81; 09-23-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I'd never thought I'd agree but she does have a point. While I haven't seen Grey's since it premiered (mistake on my part) I can say it did have one of the more ethnically diverse casts on tv, even if most were women and the focus was hardly ever on the poc's of the cast. As for what's on tv now, it's probably worse than it was 20 years ago when shows like Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, In the House and In Living Color aired the closest to a diverse cast on tv is Community and it's probably at its last season.