Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Michael Bay Attacked With Air Conditioner on ‘Transformers’ Set

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...195119385.html

Quote:
"It took seven big guys to subdue him,"
Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 PM
DAMN they dont fuck around over there
Old 10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Cool.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 PM
The only thing surprising me here is that Michael Bay is making another "Transformers" movie. Hasn't he done enough damage? By now, even Shia Labeauf is out of the picture (last time I checked). He just released a different-but-still-crappy movie with The Rock and Mark Whalberg that looked like a homo-erotic parody of "The Fast/Furious" movies. Some people liked it and it was a change of pace. So, why not stick with something else that is different and original (other than the money they are throwing at him)? Any other action movie that is PG-13 or rated-R.

Is he afraid to direct a different action movie, because of "The Island" flopping? That was his best directed and executed movie period and it should have made its money back. He needs to take another chance on new material. And the "Transformers" series needs to sit it out for several years, and eventually allow a fresh director with lower-budget experience to show how to truly depict the Transformers. So much money and bullcrap was wasted on all three movies. I never watched the cartoon, but even I know that there was something to the robots' personalities, and that any movies about them should be 66% focused on the robots, not the paper-thin human characters. There was something to the original "Ninja Turtles" movie, and the reboot they're trying to make will probably largely focus on April O'Neal's search for the mysterious turtles after sightings, and not provide enough material for the turtles.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 10-21-2013 at 12:01 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
Hasn't he done enough damage?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
The only thing surprising me here is that Michael Bay is making another "Transformers" movie. Hasn't he done enough damage?
I concur. But rest assured. This won't be the last film in his franchise. So, no. His path of destruction will continue, guaranteed. Sad but true. It's painful, isn't it? I really loathe his Transformers movies. The only one I remotely enjoyed was the first. I just wanted to see the Transformers on the big screen. But that is where the thrill ended for me.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Is he afraid to direct a different action movie, because of "The Island" flopping? That was his best directed and executed movie period and it should have made its money back. He needs to take another chance on new material.
I agree that THE ISLAND was his best movie. If his others were at least at that level of competence, I wouldn't be too disappointed with him as a director.
We do have to keep in mind, though, that he did PAIN & GAIN. Which I only watched about 40 minutes of, and hated. But still... he DID do something between TF3 and TF4.