Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Emile Hirsch to play John Belushi/Tom Hardy as Elton John

Some biopic news here. Emile Hirsch is set to star as John Belushi and Tom Hardy is set to play the Rocketman.

These are actually some interesting choices. I think both of the actors can pull it off ,we shall see. There is some resemblance to Belushi/Hirsch esp in the film Taking Woodstock. Hirsch kinda reminded me of a young skinny Bluto.

And Hardy is probably the best chameleon in the game right now. Still, I wish Hardy didn't drop out of Everest to do this though.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Emile Hirsch is a colossal pussy and his portrayal will be a disaster.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Emile Hirsch is a colossal pussy and his portrayal will be a disaster.
Yeah I'm not feeling the Hirsch casting either. Hardy seems like he could pull off Elton John.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:30 PM
He's a good actor, but he's never come across to me as naturally charismatic or funny. Not sure what kind of tone the film is going for, but I hope he can surprise people here.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Hirsch is hilarious in Prince Avalance. I highly recommend seeing it. He holds his own with Paul Rudd. He's also really good in Killer Joe. Will that amount to him "being" Belushi? Not sure but I like the choice.

And while I hated his character in Into the Wild, he did do a masterful job. Hell, he probably should have got an Oscar nomination over Depp that year.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Hirsch is hilarious in Prince Avalance. I highly recommend seeing it. He holds his own with Paul Rudd. He's also really good in Killer Joe. Will that amount to him "being" Belushi? Not sure but I like the choice.

And while I hated his character in Into the Wild, he did do a masterful job. Hell, he probably should have got an Oscar nomination over Depp that year.
I just watched that too. He's starting to look a little more like Belushi at least.

He did well, but I think that had more to do with the script than any natural comedic timing. Just my opinion anyway.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm a huge fan of Hirsch's. The Girl Next Door, Speed Racer and Into the Wild are all great and he's great in them. In fact, he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for his work in Into the Wild. Haven't seen Prince Avalanche yet, but I definitely want to.

He looks close enough to Belushi based on those pics above. He'll have to gain weight though, obviously.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:47 PM..