Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Liz Taylor turned me down, says Colin Farrell

Liz Taylor turned me down, says Colin Farrell

Irish actor was 34 and Taylor 75 in what he called the 'last kind of romantic relationship I had, which was never consummated'

Maev Kennedy; The Guardian, Tuesday 17 December 2013 19.45 GMT

He ordered flowers; she sent orchids. She'd had seven husbands – one of them twice; he was known for dating some of Hollywood's most famous women. Both had been feted as among the most beautiful film stars of their generation. Neither of them could sleep at night.

The two-year relationship between Elizabeth Taylor – twice married to the hellraiser's hellraiser, Richard Burton –and the Irish actor Colin Farrell, who for many years did his very best to follow Burton's example, was never consummated, but there was more to it than a society party friendship for the paparazzi.

"I wanted to be number eight, but we ran out of road," Farrell said, in an interview with the US chat show host Ellen DeGeneres, in which he spoke of the relationship for the first time.

The actors were 75 and 34 when they met, but that would not necessarily have stopped either of them. Farrell was 28 and the magnificent Eileen Atkins was 69 when he spent an hour in a hotel room trying to talk her into bed, after they met on a film set.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013...-colin-farrell
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
With all due respect, eden, who really gives a flying fuck what Collin Farrall says/thinks/does? I don't
Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Last edited by edonline; 12-18-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
With all due respect, eden, who really gives a flying fuck what Collin Farrall says/thinks/does? I don't
I thought it was an interesting read. Very sweet story if true.