Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Duck Dynasty controversy

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about the father of Duck Dynasty getting suspended for his anti gay remarks. Just curious on your thoughts about this.

In an interview in the January issue of GQ, Robertson says homosexuality is a sin and puts it in the same category as bestiality and promiscuity.

"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical," he's quoted as saying.

Asked what, in his mind, is sinful, Robertson replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/18/showbi...ty-suspension/

I've seen a couple of episodes of these guys and for the most part they are funny and harmless (had no idea they were so popular). Still, I have no problem with A&E suspending his ass for his comments.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Seriously, how did people expect this redneck to answer a question like that? Have they not been watching this inbred conduct himself for the past 2 seasons? Have people not heard this moron speak? Did you expect an enlightened response?

To me he answered it just about how I figured a guy like him would. It didn't offend me in the slightest because I know what a redneck is like. I do not personally agree with his point of view but I feel he has a right to think that way if he likes. If he wants to be that way, more power to him just as long as he doesn't harm anyone I could give a rats ass. Go ahead and bang your cousin see if I care, lol.

People are so fucking PC and hypocritical in this country it makes me want to vomit. It is ok to laugh at the rednecks because they are funny but when they start being too redneck we get offended? If I was this cat I'd tell all of them to fuck off and shove their stupid TV show up their asses.

Last edited by rustysyringe; 12-23-2013 at 11:14 PM..
Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Well, personally, I am into tits, ass, and pussy. Not butt-holes, dicks and hairy faces. But that's just me. If homosexuals are into the latter, then good for them.
I couldn't care less really. By the way, I have never heard of this show before. It sounds kinda interesting. And I also think suspending him is retarded.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:08 AM
What's hilarious is the media doesn't show the whole it is a fucking joke. They only tell part of the story in order to create controversy and turn the focus away for the incompetence of this current administration and the real news. By the way it is illegal to fire an employee for his religious beliefs in the United States.

Last edited by ThunderStorm; 12-24-2013 at 12:11 AM..
Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 AM
The fact that this show is so popular is a sin. It's downright depressing.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping this story goes away soon. I don't even give a shit who is right and who is wrong anymore. It is just another low brow reality TV show.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
The fact that this show is so popular is a sin. It's downright depressing.
This country has like 200 million Christians, right?

It is surprising that the show is not MORE popular to be honest with you.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 PM
So, wait a second. You're telling me that some backwoods hillbilly with a ZZ Top beard and a wardrobe that consists entirely of camouflage gear who makes a living by selling hunting equipment is a racist bigot?

This is my shocked face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
What's hilarious is the media doesn't show the whole it is a fucking joke. They only tell part of the story in order to create controversy and turn the focus away for the incompetence of this current administration and the real news..
Right, because that whole healthcare website roll out didn't get any media coverage. Like, at all.

Quote:
By the way it is illegal to fire an employee for his religious beliefs in the United States.
If he gets fired, it will be for bad publicity, not his religious beliefs. And since when is ignorant racism a tenant of Christianity?

Let's be clear: this is a story because he expressed his ignorant racism and bigotry, not because he was preaching the gospel. I'm pretty sure every episode of that show ends with the family saying a prayer together. A&E never shied away from the religious elements of the family. Christianity isn't the issue here.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Right, because that whole healthcare website roll out didn't get any media coverage. Like, at all.
The healthcare website rollout is the only thing about this administration that is incompetent? lol
Old 12-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:

If he gets fired, it will be for bad publicity, not his religious beliefs. And since when is ignorant racism a tenant of Christianity?

Let's be clear: this is a story because he expressed his ignorant racism and bigotry, not because he was preaching the gospel. I'm pretty sure every episode of that show ends with the family saying a prayer together. A&E never shied away from the religious elements of the family. Christianity isn't the issue here.
Where did he say anything racist, since when is homosexuality a race? I agree he was fairly blunt and could have been more tactful, but read the whole interview he definitely harbors no hate towards homosexuals.

And the website rollout is one of the lesser problems with this administration.

Last edited by ThunderStorm; 12-24-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Old 12-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Crap I hope my thread doesn't get too political
Old 12-25-2013, 10:47 AM
let's see a reality star go on tv praising allah and saying that certain people are infidels and watch how much these people defending duck dynasty come to their defense over free speech
Old 12-25-2013, 10:48 AM
if you want proof that the people who are backing phil robertson respect all free speech and not just whatever they agree with, look at how respectful they were to the dixie chicks
Old 12-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Basically this guy has the freedom to say whatever he wants and A&E has the freedom to fire the guy for whatever reason as long as it doesn't violate the contract. In any case I can't muster any interest in Duck Dynasty. What's next a Honey Boo Boo shit storm? lol
Old 12-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Where did he say anything racist, since when is homosexuality a race?
I take it you missed the part of the interview were he said blacks were just fine before they had civil rights ("Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare," as he put it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
if you want proof that the people who are backing phil robertson respect all free speech and not just whatever they agree with, look at how respectful they were to the dixie chicks
Not to mention MSNBC's Martin Bashir.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Funny you mentioned MSLOL because he was only suspended and was never officially fired only resigned. But of course Alec Baldwin was fired for his gay slur. Man that network is such a joke. lol

Last edited by creekin111; 12-26-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
I take it you missed the part of the interview were he said blacks were just fine before they had civil rights ("Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare," as he put it).

He said he got along with the black people he was around in Louisiana growing and in his own experience said they were happy people and, don't twist his words to fit your agenda that is ridiculous. Nothing racist about that quote at all.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:13 AM
A&E are an odd bunch

Racial or otherwise what he said wasn't smart but by no means is a reason to ban him from the show. They just got scared but when Justin Beiber or Miley Cyris act dumb they are still kept in the spotlight....stupid entertainment industry.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Agreed. I think the guy's just another bigot hiding behind the gospel personally. But he does have a right to say and think like he wants; just like A&E has a right to fire him for bad publicity if they want.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:11 AM
I defend A&E's right to suspend the guy, but what an idiotic move that turned out to be. Not a single positive thing came from it. Fucking stupid.

On second thought, they unsuspended him and they're more popular than ever, so from a business standpoint it was genius.

Who cares anyway? You don't like it, then don't watch it. I don't. There are probably 50 million people in this country that agree with him though on a lot of issues, so I'm glad they have something to watch. Yay diversity.