Old 01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Michael Bay walks off stage after botched speech

http://pagesix.com/2014/01/06/see-mi...677.1374197617
Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Old 01-07-2014, 11:44 AM
If there's anybody left who needed any further evidence that this guy is genuinely an idiot man-child, not a savvy businessman preying on the lowest common denominator but an actual simpering fool who is his own best audience, here you go.

I am not surprised that he's incapable of briefly describing what he does for a living or what he likes about a big screen TV, I'm only a little surprised that he was capable of reading a Teleprompter in the first place.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 01-07-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
It makes me wonder how he made Pain & Gain, a movie that is smarter than its director.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Damn, that was cringe. There is nothing like an awkward applause.

The CEO did a good job of seamlessly moving on though.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
The media is making this sound so much worse than it is. I've seen "onstage meltdown", "Michael Bay Freaks Out On Stage" & "Michael Bay Storms Off Stage" used to describe this to obviously get hits on their website. It was awkward as hell but nowhere near what the media is making it sound like.

I'm no Michael Bay fan but it looked like the dude had something planned out, the teleprompter screwed up and it threw him for a loop. No matter if you are a Hollywood director or a manager at an office, that is the kind of thing that could happen to anybody and it can be hard to recover when you have something pre-planned.

Of course since it's the Internet and people loathe Michael Bay, it just gives people more ammo to grab the pitchforks and go to town.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Honestly I dont even hate the guy. I dug The Rock and Bad Boys (hell even the Island) he's done some great action sequences in the past

That being said, he is wasting his time with another Transformers film. No need for another one.

Still haven't seen Pain & Gain yet but I'll try to get around to it since one of my favorite actors (Anthony Mackie) is in it.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
It makes me wonder how he made Pain & Gain, a movie that is smarter than its director.
http://youtu.be/1QuWLRwIvEs?t=9s
Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
If there's anybody left who needed any further evidence that this guy is genuinely an idiot man-child, not a savvy businessman preying on the lowest common denominator but an actual simpering fool who is his own best audience, here you go.

I am not surprised that he's incapable of briefly describing what he does for a living or what he likes about a big screen TV, I'm only a little surprised that he was capable of reading a Teleprompter in the first place.
Lol. That seems harsh and you come off as bitter. If someone put me on a stage with that many people I'm sure my meltdown would be waaay worse. Public speaking is not an easy thing to do.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:45 PM
He was out of his element and had a prompter goof. He may even have anxiety issues. The statement he issued made it sound like he was really embarrassed and he knew he looked bad.

Hardly a Lindsay Lohan level meltdown.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 AM
that's what he gets for not making bad boys 3
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Lol. That seems harsh and you come off as bitter. If someone put me on a stage with that many people I'm sure my meltdown would be waaay worse. Public speaking is not an easy thing to do.
It is if you're a director, especially a director on massive budget movies like Bay's with enormous crews. Explaining things to large groups of people is, in theory anyway, one of the key elements of his job description. He's also a celebrity who does red carpets, interviews, gala premieres, etc. and is quite familiar with being in the spotlight.

He also wasn't being asked to explain quantum theory, he was asked what he does for a living (and has been doing for 20 years) and why he likes a big TV. These are incredibly simple questions with simple answers he should be quite familiar with. If you can't muster something, again especially if your job involves explaining things to large groups on a regular basis, then your brain sucks.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Ah, let's not defend Michael Bay of all people. QUENTIN's initial post was spot-on.

There are legitimately people in life who are the wrong one-note, and Michael Bay is Exhibit #7656986457689. That he's probably a millionaire and in a position to make whatever dumb, decay-of-American-empire film he wants is a testament to business interests and what this society values. All he had to do was last on stage for less than an hour, but even that was enough to throw a tantrum. I assure you Michael Bay does not have anxiety issues.

Public speaking is easy once you realize it's just a matter of being someone else momentarily and that the vast majority of your audience isn't paying attention.

Man, I don't want to sound so misanthropic---hah---but the "wrong one-noters" exist and I am always naively amazed when I encounter one. Just be grateful if they're not your boss.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Wow. This is bad.

I've always been a Bay defender but this... this cannot be defended. Dummy.