Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Shia LeBeouf wears paper bag on head for Nympho premiere

This guy is such a dbag haha





http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sh...re-1201094699/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:41 PM
.

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
There was a time when I would stick up for that guy. He seemed to have a charisma and potential to be a Paul Newman. That never happened. He's a wally, and, in that paper bag, extremely punchable.
Basically this. I have enjoyed some of his performances and understood that, earlier on, the bar fights and other shit probably stemmed from him being a scrappy kid who had a bit of a rough childhood, but I'm not sure what he's doing here. Often there is some sort of method when an actor pulls stunts like this, but over the past year none of his antics have made any sense. If he's trying to say that he's done with big budget stuff, I think his project choices make that statement. Since 2010, he's worked with Oliver Stone, John Hillcoat, Robert Redford, Lars von Trier and David Ayer, and dropped out of the Transformers franchise. I think those decisions alone are enough to let people know that he is trying to be a more serious actor in smaller films.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Basically this. I have enjoyed some of his performances and understood that, earlier on, the bar fights and other shit probably stemmed from him being a scrappy kid who had a bit of a rough childhood, but I'm not sure what he's doing here. Often there is some sort of method when an actor pulls stunts like this, but over the past year none of his antics have made any sense. If he's trying to say that he's done with big budget stuff, I think his project choices make that statement. Since 2010, he's worked with Oliver Stone, John Hillcoat, Robert Redford, Lars von Trier and David Ayer, and dropped out of the Transformers franchise. I think those decisions alone are enough to let people know that he is trying to be a more serious actor in smaller films.
Well, if that's his intention, then why not just let the roles speak for themselves? Why all the crazy bs? If he did that, I'd be fine with him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:54 PM
If he just wants to act why doesn't he just do his thing and stay out of the public eye like a Christian Bale...these kind of actions are just stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
Well, if that's his intention, then why not just let the roles speak for themselves? Why all the crazy bs? If he did that, I'd be fine with him.
That's what I'm saying.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 PM
It's not mentioned here but I'm guessing you guys heard about the Nymphomaniac press conference?

Shia pulled an Eric Cantona and said

"When the seagulls" [pause for a drink of water] "follow the trawler. It is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

And then walked out.

I love the moderator's reaction..

"....OK. Next question?"

Anyways

Watch it here

Then watch Eric Cantana's original version.


Weird guy, not sure what he's thinking, but I hope he's not having some kind of breakdown like some are suggesting. Was never a fan of his, think he's a shitty actor to be honest but still wouldn't want wish him mental collapse.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 PM
What a dickhead. I never liked him. And the paper bag over his head is a big improvement.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2014, 10:38 PM
When I first saw this, I laughed and said WTF?! But in the end, who cares. I don't see the big deal. Is it weird? Perhaps. A stunt like this is ultimately harmless. At least he's not doing the shit that Justin Bieber is doing. Now THAT guy is a douche. Egging houses, drag racing, getting DUI's, allegedly punching a guy. That guy deserves people's ire. What LeBouf is doing is harmless by comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Hell yeah. Justin Bieber is a joke. If I had to pick who is the bigger jerk of the two, then Bieber most definitely gets my vote over Leboof.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
Weird guy, not sure what he's thinking, but I hope he's not having some kind of breakdown like some are suggesting. Was never a fan of his, think he's a shitty actor to be honest but still wouldn't want wish him mental collapse.
There's definitely something "off" about him. If he's trying to be like Phoenix, then he's doing it wrong haha.

I think a lot of it has to do with him being caught red handed with plagiarism allegations for his short film.

FTR, I dont really hate the guy anymore (like I did when he was in Indy 4). I actually dug Charlie Countryman and look forward to Nympho. He just needs to quit acting like a dbag.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Gives new meaning to the phrase "douche-bag"

Last edited by edonline; 02-11-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2014, 08:15 PM
.

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
Bieber's a victim. His adrogyny and hormonal imbalance is one of many victims of the feminization agenda and a likely cause for his erratic and silly behaviour.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2014, 02:58 PM
^^^
haha I too am a bit confused by what SS Block meant there.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM

.

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-17-2014, 04:43 PM
when i watched the press conference i was just interested in the words about the movie….when lebeouf started his "action" i was just stunned and speculated about the background and the "statement". but finally i can't find one….I'm really looking for it...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump