Old 02-24-2014, 11:47 AM
R.I.P. Harold Ramis

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,2259309.story
Old 02-24-2014, 12:16 PM
This fucking sucks. Absolute comedy legend.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:41 PM
RIP to Harold Ramis. Not only a great comedic actor but a great writer and director too. Caddyshack. Ghostbusters. Groundhog Day. Animal House. Back to School. Meatballs
Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM
This man is responsible for most comedy today. How different would the current world of comedy be without Caddyshack or Animal House or Ghostbusters. So many current comedy performers and writers owe that passion to Harold Ramis.

For me, as an Improv actor... I owe a big debt to him and his cohorts for embracing improv comedy early on at Second City and moving it forward to be the big thing it has become. Without Ramis and that class of comedians, who knows if that style would have survived and influenced me to pursue those ambitions by training at UCB, Groundlings and I.O west... all improv training theaters derived from the original Second City.

I saw this reference made above but i just wanted to reiterate its sentiment, Harold Ramis was to comedy what The Beatles were to rock music... a pioneer, a genius and one that can never be replicated.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:23 PM
^ Well put.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:40 PM
RIP to an absolute comedic genius. He'll be missed.

ANd I also really liked his small role in Orange County.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM
My buddy sent me this picture this morning... I loved it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook_-1458226631.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	13012  
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM

that is awesome Skynet
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I saw this reference made above but i just wanted to reiterate its sentiment, Harold Ramis was to comedy what The Beatles were to rock music... a pioneer, a genius and one that can never be replicated.
Amen to that!

It does actually hurt and he will be very much missed. A lot of us are hit so personally because these are our favorite films of our youth and beyond. He connected with each one of us.

God rest his soul and bless his family.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:43 AM
RIP Egon Spengler!

Everybody has been mentioning Caddyshack, Animal House, Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day.

I would add to that Analyze This. Hilarious movie. Multiplicity is also incredibly underrated. And I looked at his IMDB page and was surprised to find out he directed The Ice Harvest. That was a wickedly funny and enjoyable black comedy. What a talent!

Apparently they are rewriting Ghostbusters III now but I'm not even sure if they should even bother to continue. Ghostbusters without Egon just doesn't seem right to me. His absence will definitely be felt.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Ya.. Ghostbusters 3 is just not a good idea any more... expecially since it was supposed to be a baton passing to a younger generation, which I already was not keen on.. but now the Baton would be passed by Only Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd.. unless Murray decides to make some sort of cameo in respect to Ramis, but that is just wishful thinking on my part and not something that would happen in a billion years!

With only 2 Ghostbusters returning.. this project should just be DOA
Old 02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Ya.. Ghostbusters 3 is just not a good idea any more... expecially since it was supposed to be a baton passing to a younger generation, which I already was not keen on.. but now the Baton would be passed by Only Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd.. unless Murray decides to make some sort of cameo in respect to Ramis, but that is just wishful thinking on my part and not something that would happen in a billion years!

With only 2 Ghostbusters returning.. this project should just be DOA
Sorry but its Do, Re, Egon and not Do, Re, Jonah Hill.

Before I was hyped for the return of the Ghostbusters but not so much now. I can only hope for a blu-ray release of Ghostbusters 2 with audio commentary with the entire cast with a special tribute for him and for Hi-C to return Ecto Cooler to the shelves.

Last edited by NuclearMisfit; 02-28-2014 at 03:47 PM..