Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Robin Williams found dead, suspected suicide

Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams has died at age 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.

The full statement is below.

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

More to come…
Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Old 08-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Old 08-11-2014, 06:27 PM
So sad RIP.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Old 08-11-2014, 06:30 PM
What the fucking fuck... a fucking suicide???

This one is gonna hit me hard... i just heard.... just reminds me when i first heard Farley died in 1997... another oen of my idols gone

I literally watched Angriest Man In Brooklyn last week.. knew nothing of i tother than the fact that he was in it, and that has always been enough to get me to watch a movie (or TV show, as I did watch The Crazy Ones)

Last edited by SkyNet; 08-11-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM
This really sucks all the more so because I was actually really happy with The Crazy Ones being canceled because that meant Robin Williams' was free to go back to doing movies since The Crazy Ones was a pretty mediocre and disappointing show. Now that's obviously not going to happen.

RIP to a brilliant talent. A man who made me laugh more than anybody else yet was equally brilliant at playing dark and disturbed characters like the ones he played in movies like One Hour Photo and Insomnia. And then he could give such a warm, moving performance in Good Will Hunting for which he won an extremely well deserved Academy Award.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM
This year is just getting worse and worse.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM

I can't believe it.. Grew up watching him. I remember his appearance on Happy Days.. Loved Mork & Mindy.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by SweetEnLow View Post
Loved Mork & Mindy.

I still remember seeing Robin in Mork & Mindy. I have very fond memories of that show.

Last edited by God of War; 08-11-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 PM

God damn it. Such shitty news (and I was having a relatively good day today)

RIP Mr Williams
Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Depression is a dark bitch.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Damn. One word to describe the man... Memorable.

The world lost a truly wonderful person and a hell of an actor. I'm truly saddened and shocked by this news. I knew he had his demons but have you ever seen someone with so much energy? So much life? Depression is serious and a man like him suffering is eye opening.

Not exaggerating one bit... I love all of his movies below. His work speaks for itself and the roles he had below will live on.

Happy Feet (1 & 2)
The Night Listener
The Big White
One Hour Photo

With truly great performances in:
Death to Smoochy
Bicentennial Man
Good Will Hunting
Patch Adams
Mrs. Doubtfire
What Dreams May Come (Not sure I'll ever be able to watch this again now.)
The Birdcage
Dead Poets Society
Good Morning, Vietnam

A Shame. RIP big guy.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 PM

Naanu naanu.

Right there with you SweetEnLow and God of War, I remember watching this with my parents when I was a kid..

Truly sublime in 'The Fisher King'..

RIP Robin McLaurin Williams.

Last edited by Del; 08-11-2014 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Truly tragic situation.

It is an ugly thing.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:53 PM
He truly made the world a better place. Most everyone has been touched by his work in some way. How many humans can say that?

I was watching coverage on TV and had forgotten how he paid for a lot of Christopher Reeve's medical expenses after his accident. What a class act. I bet that reunion in heaven was another one for the ages!

God rest his soul and bless his family.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I just realized earlier this year we lost Harold Ramis and now we lose Robin Williams... if there is a god (and the fact that Bieber lives while Williams is gone suggests otherwise) it sounds like he hit a rough patch and needed some great comedy up there!

Still in absolute shock... another one of my idols has passed... it sucks that I am nearing 30 years old and I am hitting that age where the ppl I grew up with and loved are leaving us.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 PM
RIP Robin, you were truly one of the most versatile actors out there, and you seemed like a class act. I'll miss you.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Next up, Woody Allen.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 AM
Why Robin why !?! Im sitting here shocked that this brilliant bright star is gone.He was one of those rare entertainers that conquered comedy and drama.Mork & Mindy,The World According to Garp,Insomnia,One Hour Photo,Ms.Doubtfire,Good Will Hunting.His great turns on T.V with a riveting performance on Law &Ordder.Im truly only naming a few momens of his great career.I cant recall the theatre he was playing in but at the beginning of his stand up act he stated:ha ha you people in the front row thought you were the only ones that were going to see me up close tonight,well the jokes on you everyone is going to see me tonight! and with that Williams proceeded to climb up the balconies and walk around the whole theatre.Please go watch his interview on Inside the Actors Studio,you get a true glimpse of Williams.So much more i can say about this man i admired but i will simply end it by saying Rest easy and thanks for the years of laughs and tears.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Three days have passed and I am still sad as fuck ...this ruined my month.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:18 AM
This still has me torn up. RIP.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Everyone has only good things to say about him so he was not only a great actor but a great person. I liked him in every movie he was in, even, Hook and his small role in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. He was a talented and kind person. At times like these, not much makes sense.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Old 12-23-2014, 08:04 PM
He made so many happy and will be missed for sure
Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Only 3 times I've cried when a celeb died and this was one of them. RIP to a childhood hero of mine.

Have to mention the underrated Best of Times in here. He and Kurt Russell are great together in this sports comedy.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 AM
For me it's unforgettable that President Obama shared his sadness about his dead. You can't get more official respect, isn't it?
Old 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM
I loved this actor. All films where he played - brilliant.