Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
R.I.P Richard Attenborough

Quote:
Richard Samuel Attenborough (Lord Attenborough of Richmond upon
Thames), actor, producer, director, philanthropist; born 29 August 1923,
died 24 August 2014
Lord Richard Attenborough, the actor and film director, has died just days before his 91st
birthday.

After forging a career as an actor in films including Brighton Rock and The Great Escape, he
became an acclaimed film director, with Gandhi in 1983 claiming eight Academy awards - a
record for a British film - including best director.

"Dickie", the older brother of the nature broadcaster Sir David Attenborough, died at
lunchtime on Sunday, according to his son Michael.

Among those paying tribute to Attenborough was David Cameron, who tweeted: "His acting
in Brighton Rock was brilliant, his directing of Gandhi was stunning - Richard Attenborough
was one of the greats of cinema."

Mia Farrow tweeted: "Richard Attenborough was the kindest man I have ever had the
privilege of working with. A Prince. RIP 'Pa' - and thank you."

Sir Roger Moore said he was "such a wonderful and talented man", while Samantha Bond
described him as a "great actor, great director - funny, flirtatious, intelligent, a true
gentleman". Ricky Gervais called him "one of the true greats of the silver screen".

Chelsea Football Club, of which he was a lifelong supporter, said: "His personality was
woven into the tapestry of the club over seven decades."

TheGuardian.com

Jurassic Park will never be the same..

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-24-2014 at 08:23 PM..
Old 08-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Jurassic Park will be his best known role in film, but I thought he was terrific in The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, and Sťance On A Wet Afternoon.

RIP
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 AM
I'll remember him as the antihero Pinkie in "Brighton Rock". As a director he was not afraid to tackle big historical subjects.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Lord Attenborough thank you for Gandhi,Chaplin and welcoming me to Jurassic Park
Old 08-27-2014, 12:13 AM
RIP to a very talented man
Old 09-02-2014, 02:10 PM
one of my faves, RIP