Old 04-12-2001, 06:11 PM
My top 10 best (and worst) horror films! Yea! :)

First off, let me say that I love this site! Great job, Arrow, you rule! (I love Asia Argento as much as you do!) Anywho, this is my first post and I wanted to say hey to all! Here is my list of best and worst horror flicks of all time!

The Best:
10. The Exorcist
9. Friday the 13th Part 6
8. Carrie
7. Nightmare on Elmstreet (the first one)
6. The Howling
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Demons
3. The Evil Dead
2. Sleepaway Camp
1. Halloween

The Worst:
10. The Blair Witch Project (Sorry if this offends anyone)
9. The Sixth Sense
8. The Howling 6
7. The Lawnmower Man
6. People under the Stairs
5 Scream (2 and 3)
4. The Exorcist 2
3. Lover's Lane
2. Boarding House
1. The Coroner (Please, please, please, avoid this thing like the plague!)

There you go! Please let me know what you think!

Dark Minister
Old 04-12-2001, 10:22 PM
OK, what's with the FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART 6 fascination?

And...what's with THE SIXTH SENSE and SCREAM sequel bashing?
Old 04-13-2001, 02:33 PM
I agree about Carrie and Texas for best.But I wouldn't say People Under the Stairs was one of the worst, it wasn't boring to sit through. The Ice Cream Man was definitely one of the worst. It was really hard to get through that movie.
Old 04-13-2001, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't put The Blair Witch Project, The Sixth Sense, The People Under the Stairs, or Scream 2 on a worst list.
Good choices for best, Sleepaway Camp and Demons are great cult classics. To quote Antonio, why is Friday the 13th part 6 on a top horror list?

[This message has been edited by Green (edited 04-13-2001).]
Old 04-13-2001, 07:50 PM
I dunno, I just kinda dig Friday 13th 6. I think that it has some cool kill scenes in it (Punch through the chest, face pressed through wall, head truned around backward, etc), and it is the first to have super strong "zombie" Jason in it. I saw it when I was about 11 in the theater and it scared the piss out of me [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry if I made anyone angry about dissing Blair Witch, the Screams, and Sixth Sense. If it makes you feel better, I would much rather watch Blair Witch and Scream 1-3 than Sixth Sense. I just hated that movie with a passion! They all whispered too much for me, I hate Bruce Willis, and that kid was the most annoying little shit since the heyday of Maculey Culkin. I thought it had a cool plot, but would have been way sway if the ghosts were evil and stuff. But then again, that is just the opinions of one person. If it makes you feel better you can rag on "The Prowler" or "Slumber Party Massacre" 2 movies that I think I am the only person in the free world that likes them! [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2001, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to go on a rant about the bashing of good movies. I promise. But when I see a "worst list" turn up with films that are well-made in every respect, I can only assume that whoever made the list does not get out much. I can understand that someone would dislike, say, "The Sixth Sense" or "The Blair Witch Project," but if you actually believe that these are examples of bad movies you need to broaden your horizons.

An example of a bad movie for me, without limiting myself to horror, is something like "The Santa Clause," "The Incredibly Strange Creatures That Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies," and "Octoman." These are movie that are either incompetently made, boring, insult my intelligence, or all three. ("Howling 6" is an excellent example of "all three.")

I'm not ragging on anyone, but I wish people would have more perspective. As I've said before, if some of the movies on your worst are the worst movies you've seen, consider yourself fortunate. [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Good choices on your best list, however. [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 10:53 AM
I'm with Watchman. If you really want to expand your Horizons on how awful a movie can be, here are a few of my personal recommodations :
1.GRIM
2.TROLL II
3.SCHOOL'S OUT ( damm, that movie should blow Scream 2,3 from your worst list )
4.ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE
5.MINDRIPPER
6.LEPRECHAUN 4 - IN SPACE
7.TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 4
8.MANOS - THE HANDS OF FATE ( it's even considered one of the worst movies ever on imdb )

If you watch these movies, I gurantee that you are praying for the Blair Witch to come along!
Old 04-14-2001, 03:54 PM
Oh, holy shit! Someone else has gone through the hell that is "Manos: The Hands of Fate?" You have my sympathies. The only other movie I can think of that might be worse is "Hobgoblins," or, like I said "The Incredibly Strange Creatures ..."

[This message has been edited by the night watchman (edited 04-14-2001).]
Old 04-15-2001, 10:48 AM
Looks like we've finally found somebody who hates THE SIXTH SENSE more than me!!

Congratulations to DARK MINISTER!
You have seen the light, or maybe a bit too much!

I LOVE BRUCE WILLIS - DIE HARD RULES!!! Just for being in that movie means i will never dislike him no matter how many stupid roles he takes.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:51 AM
I agree with everything that the night watchman has said so far.
Here's my list of worst horror movies:
1 The Demon House (Night of the Demons III)
2 King Cobra
3 Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
4 Vampires
5 Halloween III: Season of the Witch
6 Friday the 13th Part 3: 3D

Horror movies that i hated but they dont desrve to be on a worst list because they do have some good points:

Devil's Advocate, The
Frankenstein (1931)

Both well made movies but i didnt enjoy them at all.

[This message has been edited by screamfan (edited 04-16-2001).]
Old 04-16-2001, 11:09 AM
TO WATCHMAN
Hell yes, Manos is one of the most awful movies I've ever seen, but I still think that "GRIM" is a tad worse. Hard to imagine but true.

Anyone that thinks "Sixth Sense" or even "Howling 6" ( stop bashing it for Christ Sakes, looks like you haven't seen part 7! ) should really check "Grim" out. The only useful thing about this movie is that you can tape it and give it to your ex-girlfriend as a present ( I did that, after all, it had to be good for something to sit through 86 minutes of pain! )
Old 04-16-2001, 06:41 PM
The only way to watch the oddly-titled "Manos: The Hands of Fate" (think about what "manos" means in Spanish) is with the shadows of two robots and a guy in a movie theater at the bottom of the screen. And even that is difficult to do.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:17 PM
Mike and the 'bots couldn't even pick up this dreadful enterprise for me. Something has to actually happen for them to throw jokes at. (And, yeah, good observation about the title, Jezka; the movie is essentially called "Hands: The Hands of Fate." Hello? [img]/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
Old 04-16-2001, 10:14 PM
Isn't it strange that The Sixth Sense was rated PG-13 and has more gore in it than most teen slashers nowadays that are rated R? I'm starting to think that they're only rated R for profanity...(everytime a 'boo' scene occurs a character screams 'SHIT!' or 'FUCK!', and then there's always one character who overuses the words...)
Old 04-16-2001, 11:47 PM
Wha-? Where is the gore in "Sixth Sense?" The apparitions are seen as they looked at the moment of death, but there's nothing lurid about it. I certainly would never call "SS" gorier than even a relatively "dry" slasher flick like "Valentine."
Old 04-17-2001, 09:44 AM
Alright, how could you not like Friday the 13th Part 3? That was my favorite of all the Friday movies! I also dug Freddy's Dead. I thought it was great, and in some ways, it's my favorite Elm Street! But soooo many people seem to hate Freddy's Dead, so I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's a 4 star movie.
Old 04-17-2001, 11:51 AM
I agree FIO. Freddy's Dead is far better than it's reputation. Pt. 4 was waayy worse than this with completely dreadful ideas ( Freddy's Pizza Thing , Freddy ressurected by dog pissing on his grave, damm THIS IS THE WORST FREDDY FILM ). What I liked about Freddy's Dead is that the Filmmakers didn't even try to put him back in the Darkness, I think that wouldn't have worked. Freddy's Dead isn't exactly a good movie to me, but it's way better than some of the other NOES movies.

For me, Friday pt.3 is certainly the worst of the series. I don't know how to put my opinion in words but I think it sucked. The ending is absolutely silly, I didn't get the sub-plot ( Girl has a past with Jason ) at all. Did he rape her? Did he make her coffee? No idea, but maybe due to the cut-version I saw. I wouldn't quite put it on a worst-movies ever list, but it sure sucks.
Old 04-17-2001, 02:18 PM
I have only seen the first NOES, the sixth one and the seventh one so Freddy's dead was definately the worst for me.
Old 04-17-2001, 04:12 PM
The best
1. BWP2
2. THE SHINNING
3. AMERICAN PSYCHO
4. URBAN LEGENDS2
5. THE EXORCIST
6, TCM
7. BWP
8, SE7EN
9. SCREAM 1AND3

THE WORST
1. CHILDREN OF THE CORN 1,2,5
2. URBAN LEGEND
3. IKWYDLS
4. ISKWYDLS
5.SCREAM 2
6. SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2AND3
7.HALLOWEEN 3
Old 04-19-2001, 01:28 PM
The Best:
1.The Exorcist
2.Halloween
3.Friday The 13th
4.Poltergeist
5.Aliens
6.Sleepaway Camp
7.Psycho
8.Dead-Alive
9.Night Of The Living Dead
10.Phantasm
Old 04-19-2001, 02:16 PM
The best:

10. Re-Animator
09. The Prophecy
08. Scanners
07. The Evil Dead
06. Dawn of the Dead
05. Phantasm
04. Dead Alive
03. NOES
02. Halloween
01. Evil Dead 2

THe Worst:

10. Leprechaun 1-However many they made of this p.o.s. series
09. Halloween 3
08. Urban Legend
07. Argento's Phantom of the Opera (what the hell was he thinkin?)
06. Shreik if you know....(god awful)
05. Valentine
04. Bats
03. Little Witches
02. Watchers 3
01. The Toxic Avenger

[This message has been edited by chowyunfatnuts (edited 04-19-2001).]
Old 04-19-2001, 04:25 PM
I agree with Chow on Little Witches being one of the worst. I did not understand that movie from one scene to the next. Where was the continuity? Then I realized why I wasn't appreciating the movie---I'm a straight girl.

[This message has been edited by alisaperne (edited 04-19-2001).]
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 AM
My first post here soo long ago :P
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
1. The Shining
2. The Dawn of the Dead(1978)
3. Alien/Aliens
4. Psycho
5. The Exorcist
6. Jaws
7. A nightmare on elm street
8. Evil Dead series