Old 11-14-2001, 09:10 PM
Reviews: The Animal

JoBlo's 4/10 review of THE ANIMAL can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/animal.htm
Your past movie reviews from May 1998 - November 2001 can be found there as well.

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning from the board. A second warning and you will be banned altogether. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points.

In order for others to know whether or not you would recommend the movie, please click on the desired icon of your choice when posting:

Recommended =
Not recommended =
In the middle =
Old 11-16-2001, 09:56 PM
The Animal 5/10...

The Animal is a stupid and utterly inane comedy, with a silly story and few laughs. Now I know there is a reason I did'nt like Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigalo. Rob Schneider is just not funny!! well at least not as a lead actor asked to carry a film. he is more suited for small supporting roles as the silly sidekick or the comedic relief. The only real reason I wanted to see this because Colleen from Survivor was in it. She was ok I guess but not asked to do much. The real problem is that the idea of rob Schneider made up of animal parts and able to have all these animal senses was just not funny, and sometimes disgusting in parts. the only part I thought was cool, was when he was out running the horse, it was a cool effect.
Old 12-27-2001, 10:50 PM
The Animal is a good film. Its great to see Rob Schneider in his own movie. Most of the time Rob plays small roles in Adam Sandler's films. I'm not saying there bad( though he was funny in Waterboy and Little Nicky.) In fact I happen to be a big Adam Sandler fan.
Anyways back to Animal, The story is about Marvin Mage(Rob Schneider), whose dream is to become a cop like his father. Unfortunately he fails his cop test. The next day while trying to get to a crime scene
He almost hits a seal and ends falling over a cliff. A week Later he finds himself acting strange. All sorts of High jinx ensues. I laughed watching him do some pretty funny things. Marvin also meets a new girl(Coleen Haskell) who at first knows Marvin as the fart guy in the Bathroom( see the movie if you don't know what I mean.) I enjoyed the film. There are cameos by Norm Mcdonald and Adam Sandler. Overall THE ANIMAL is a good film. I give it a 7/10
Old 06-17-2003, 07:09 PM
The Animal - 3/10

Boy did this movie suck! Wanna know why? Take the picture I clipped at the top of my review. If that's something that you think is funny enough to squirt coke out your nose then you've found your prize. The rest of the movie rests on that same childish foundation.

I was actullay sorta looking forward to this movie when it came out. After surviving what was confirmed to be all the major jokes in the film, I actually walked out of the theater. Somehow much of the audience was tickled pink over watching Schneider sniff a dogs butt, swing from trees like Tarzan, etc.. But not me. It was just... well... stupid. After seing ol' Rob go from Deuce Bigalow (9/10) to this, I really don't have much faith in a long-lasting career if this is to be the new trend. Better off leaving him as the "You can do it!" guy on Sandler's new films.

I will award 3 points to this crap due to the guy who plays the tough ass cop, along with the cooky doctor that made Schneider's character the way he is, and to a somewhat funny opening involve a day of shitty luck. But aside from that, move along... nothing to see here...
Old 06-18-2003, 08:28 AM
It IS possibe to have plot structure even in bizarre over the top comedies....

The Animal is NOT one of these. I didnt laugh once during the entire flick. I had no problem with the premise..man has animal parts, can do animal things, etc....hey, if that is what the set up is, then fine...by being willing to watch the flick means I have no problem with outlandish themes. My problem with the film is that I didnt think anything was executed well, and the story was poor. I love sight gags..but I love story structure even more. 4/10