Old 06-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Reviews: Irreversible

JoBlo's 7/10 review of IRREVERSIBLE can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/irreversible.htm

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning from the board. A second warning and you will be banned altogether. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points.

In order for others to know whether or not you would recommend the movie, please click on the desired icon of your choice when posting:

Recommended =
Not recommended =
In the middle =

[This message has been edited by JoBlo (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 03-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Irreversible

I don't have any comments I have to say about the review. It's just that I didn't expect this film to swirl me around into an awful decent into "Dante's Inferno"(the gay version) taking glimpses of a leather cladded masquerade of biker gays doing what they do best in the worst way imaginable, with of the most disturbing Satanic music ever to be released to the public (over 17 I guess),then to see this dude's head get turned into an oatmeal board with the fire extinguisher. God-the guy looked like Jeff Goldblum at the very end of "The Fly". I got furious a couple of scenes latter witnessing the deplorable rape scene that made Deliverence look like an after school special. Kind made me feel like a was bad person just sitting through it. Something was taken away from me that night. Anyway, I really went to see the film because Monica Belucci is hot. Hard lessons?
Old 04-16-2003, 08:41 PM
9/10

Yet I could never sit through this film again for the life of me. I don't think I've ever been on such an emotional roller coaster of a ride before in a movie ever. That includes requiem for a dream, let alone having motion sickness along with it. This movie was flat out brilliant, the more I think about it the more brilliant I realize it was. At first when I left the theatre I was in full blown shock thinking in silence as I drove home and my friend babbled on how some of the cocks shown were CGI. This movie took one night and showed how it IRREVERSIBlY destroyed 3 peoples lives. Its not a prettyy site and the whole rape scene is the single most hard moment I've ever had to sit through in a movie. I felt helpless as I watched it unravel on the big screen. I've never felt that way watching a movie ever. The whole story is genius. Watching the wretched aftermath slowly rewind to what sparked it then slowly showing how much they all had to lose one scene at a time is an experience like no other. My hats off to all the people who were brave enough to make this film. Oh and to stick with the forum I agreed alot with what Jo said in his review