Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Video Games
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
Oblivion? Combat? Clumsy?
I thought it had some of the best combat ever. I really enjoy a game that goes the extra steps to make combat feel fluid and realistic.
Trying to aim a bow or a spell while the monster is moving is almost impossible for me. Granted, I've really only just begun so I'm sure ill get better. And it's waaay to easy to hit another npc and turn into a murderer, so far if there is an ally fighting I just stay back.

I've never been good at aiming on consoles, but a semi-auto-aim would be beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Trying to aim a bow or a spell while the monster is moving is almost impossible for me. Granted, I've really only just begun so I'm sure ill get better. And it's waaay to easy to hit another npc and turn into a murderer, so far if there is an ally fighting I just stay back.

I've never been good at aiming on consoles, but a semi-auto-aim would be beautiful.
If it helps, there's not that much combat involved to enjoy the game. I finished the main quest, many sub quests and a few Dark Brotherhood ones (the best by far), but stopped because I need fucking lockpicks!

Give it time. When you get into the world, you're going to be floored. It happened to me. The first time I played it (on a PC), I thought it was "okay" then started it on PS3 and blam.
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
If it helps, there's not that much combat involved to enjoy the game. I finished the main quest, many sub quests and a few Dark Brotherhood ones (the best by far), but stopped because I need fucking lockpicks!

Give it time. When you get into the world, you're going to be floored. It happened to me. The first time I played it (on a PC), I thought it was "okay" then started it on PS3 and blam.
I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm and the quests are just flying by. I'm having the same lock pick problem though, any ideas?

On another note, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised by the voices of Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean, but did they really think they could voice an entire empire of people with so few voice actors? I haven't counted but I'd be shocked if they have more than 5 or 6 voice actors for the entire game.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm and the quests are just flying by. I'm having the same lock pick problem though, any ideas?

On another note, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised by the voices of Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean, but did they really think they could voice an entire empire of people with so few voice actors? I haven't counted but I'd be shocked if they have more than 5 or 6 voice actors for the entire game.
There are hundreds. And every fucking NPC has audible dialogue.

I can't even begin to fathom the incredible process that making that game was.

As for lockpicks. I don't know, durden is the Oblivion guru. I just run by them in dungeons and the like.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I usually just auto attempt lockpicking, so I run out of lockpicks quick. I've gotten to the point where the lockpicking mini-game pisses me off. Plus, I have the Skeleton Key, which is the unbreakable Daedra lockpick. If you can't do that quest yet, join the thieves guild. Your Doyen will sell you lockpicks after you join.
Anywho, this site is really helpful: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I just picked these three up at Circuit City on their Clearance Sale:

Final Fantasy: Chocobo Tales (DS)
Scurge: Hive (DS)
NBA Ballers: Phenom (Xbox)
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 PM


Wow, Campus Legend mode is fun as hell!
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
I usually just auto attempt lockpicking, so I run out of lockpicks quick. I've gotten to the point where the lockpicking mini-game pisses me off. Plus, I have the Skeleton Key, which is the unbreakable Daedra lockpick. If you can't do that quest yet, join the thieves guild. Your Doyen will sell you lockpicks after you join.
Anywho, this site is really helpful: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
Now I know what quest I'm doing as soon as I'm level 10.

Yeah, I already finished the main quest and am level 7.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
Now I know what quest I'm doing as soon as I'm level 10.

Yeah, I already finished the main quest and am level 7.
Yeah it's much easier once you get the skeleton key. You can just go to any lock and hit the auto attempt button (x in my case) and just hit away until it opens. I don't know what I'd do without it.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Just got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for PS2 for 10 bucks.
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 PM

Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean

Yayz. My first PSP game.
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Pow. Took you long enough! How are you enjoying it?
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
Pow. Took you long enough! How are you enjoying it?
Good so far but kinda hard, I suck at these games. I always want to just run in and kill shit with the shotgun... all this strategery is making my head hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Good so far but kinda hard, I suck at these games. I always want to just run in and kill shit with the shotgun... all this strategery is making my head hurt.
There is one bit near the end that was stupidly difficult. Otherwise, it'll go by easier as you get used to it.

But try it online. 40-player matches kick all the ass in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
There is one bit near the end that was stupidly difficult. Otherwise, it'll go by easier as you get used to it.

But try it online. 40-player matches kick all the ass in the world.
Pretty sure I'm at that stupidly difficult part right, died about 10 times so far trying it. Not sure what the level is called but its where they start invading London and you have to defend the bridge from a bunch of different spiders and stalkers. If this isn't the part your talking about then I can only imagine...
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Pretty sure I'm at that stupidly difficult part right, died about 10 times so far trying it. Not sure what the level is called but its where they start invading London and you have to defend the bridge from a bunch of different spiders and stalkers. If this isn't the part your talking about then I can only imagine...
Oh shit.

. . . *ahem*

There are two bits near the end that were stupidly difficult. Otherwise, it'll go by easier as you get used to it.

That part, actually, is harder than the one Ihad in mind. The other one is not too far from it, but it's pretty difficult as well. You'll need some serious sniper skillz to get the next job done.

For the part you're at, climb to the building's second floors and get the rockets, hide in the back so the huge spiders don't toss their eggs in your face and remember where the life gauges are. But yeah, that bit actually is the toughest of the game. Can't believe I didn't remember it.
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 07-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
Oh shit.

. . . *ahem*

There are two bits near the end that were stupidly difficult. Otherwise, it'll go by easier as you get used to it.

That part, actually, is harder than the one Ihad in mind. The other one is not too far from it, but it's pretty difficult as well. You'll need some serious sniper skillz to get the next job done.

For the part you're at, climb to the building's second floors and get the rockets, hide in the back so the huge spiders don't toss their eggs in your face and remember where the life gauges are. But yeah, that bit actually is the toughest of the game. Can't believe I didn't remember it.
I somehow managed to beat it without climbing upstairs and getting the rockets. I had no idea that you could even do that! I basically just beat it by memorizing when what monsters come out where and then also memorizing each health serum location. Lets just say it took me a few tries.
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Nintendo products ahoy.


Resident Evil 4


Tales Of Symphonia
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 PM

Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game of all time.

I just bought The Punisher, The Rocketeer, and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure for 8 bit NES.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #421  
Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by teenkiller
Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game of all time.
I just sat down through the first three and a half hours of the game and it's awesome. I love the cel-shaded 2/3-D characters, the relaxing story and the creative gameplay that mixes RPG and Zelda-like elements. Very, very fun thus far.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 AM

It only gets better dude. One of those games where I was actually sad when it was over although if you have the time and patience there is a fair amount of repaly value. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Just bought Legends of the Diamond, Tecmo NBA Basketball, and Gauntlet for NES. I love a good baseball game and LOTD includes the classic players of the 30s and 40s so it's pretty cool. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 08-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 08-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Multi game pickup today. Just found a place that sells a crapload of old school games so I went nuts. Bought Secret of Evermore for SNES and The Karate Kid, Adventure Island, Darkman, Metal Mech, and Dragon Power for NES. These should keep me busy for a while. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
Nintendo products ahoy.


Resident Evil 4


Tales Of Symphonia
Can't fucking wait for the Tales of Symphonia sequel on the Wii. And, of course, RE5 (but that's a long ways off). Anyway, yesterday I got:



Cost me a grand total of like 12 bucks after my discount. I played for about an hour and a half last night, and I absolutely love it. It doesn't do anything particularly new or revolutionary (it's old school to the core), but it does every SO well. I don't remember the last time I played an RPG with random battles where I was actually looking forward to them. XD And in about a week and a half, I'll be picking up this baby:



Kinda pissed that it got delayed 3 weeks (was supposed to be out July 24th), but if it's to fix up the art book and shit, I'd love that package. And then the week after, this fucking bitch comes out:



I'M SO EXCITED
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 PM
I traded "Genji: Days of the Blade" (had finished it and has zero replayablitly) for-

Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I traded "Genji: Days of the Blade" (had finished it and has zero replayablitly) for-

I'm waiting for the 360 version.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 08-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dfd3657
I'm waiting for the 360 version.
I'm not a big fan of fighting games at all (except Smash Bros stuff) but the little I played looked awesome. Should be enjoyed by any fighting game fan.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 08-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Only fighting games I've ever found worthwhile was Smash Bros and Soul Caliber. And Street Fighter 2 way back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I'm not a big fan of fighting games at all (except Smash Bros stuff) but the little I played looked awesome. Should be enjoyed by any fighting game fan.
I'm not really a huge fighting game fan, but I played the demo of it on our PS3 at my store, and I liked it. Probably will pick it up eventually. While I like stuff like DOA, it can get irritating at times (I don't care what anyone says, the AI is friggin' cheap). My favorite is definitely the Soul Calibur series. It's really easy to pick up and play, and tons of fun. I prefer hacking some bitch up with a sword over hand to hand combat. Can't wait for Soulcalibur IV. And Super Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be nothing short of amazing (comes out 12 days before my birthday; I know what one thing I'll be getting ^_^).
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 08-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Enchanted Arms

So far, so good except for the annoying-ass gay character. I hope he dies soon.
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 PM


I actually once owned this before I sold all my games, but I felt an acute desire to play this again. It's an incredible game.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM


Picked this up yesterday. I've been playing for about 3 hours, and so far, I absolutely fucking love it. I adore the whole school sim thing it has going (you even have the choice to doze of in class sometimes to regain strength XD), the voice acting is superb, and the battle system is quick and fun. You only control yourself, and the other members are AI controlled, but they're just fine (they'll attack the same enemy you are, they'll heal you when you get low, and use the right skill that the enemy is weak against). You can set their tactics, too. At first, you only have four, but from what I hear, you unlock more along the way, kinda like FFXII. And I can't forget to mention the high school kids looking like they're blowing their brains out when they summon their Persona. XD Easily one of the best RPGs the PS2 has to offer. A perfect swan song for the PS2.
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I think it would have to be Pokemon Pearl, i don't care how kiddie pokemon became its still a great RPG...... it just needs t ohave a difficulty setting so i can acctaully have a chanllenge playig it these days lol
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I think it would have to be Pokemon Pearl, i don't care how kiddie pokemon became its still a great RPG...... it just needs to have a difficulty setting so i can acctaully have a chanllenge playing it these days lol

Edit: Bah stoopid server lag

Last edited by vesaker; 08-16-2007 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Final Fantasy (PSP)


Final Fantasy II (PSP)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump