Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Video Games
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Roomates just walked in with...

Time to rock the fuck out.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Godammit, I want videogaming roommates.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM

I bought Mass Effect myself, and Rock Band was a birthday present. Most fun I've ever fucking had playing a game. I played with my two siblings like 4 hours straight on Tuesday. Too bad my fucking guitar is already broken (it won't register down strumming). I love the feel of the guitar, but it's poorly constructed. Luckily, EA's replacement service is wonderful. You just get on their website, tell them your guitar is busted, you just enter your credit card # for verification and they immediately send you a new guitar and you send the busted one back in the box the new one came in. The good thing about this game is that I've still got drums and vocals to play in the meantime (and hey! I can always play bass XD). Oh, and Mass Effect is fucking incredible.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 PM

This is all I really wanted to purchase for this year's Black Friday sales. I headed over to K-Mart earlier today, and I got one of the very last bundles (it seemed like quite a few people in line wanted the bundle as well). It was only $60.

I'm happy and ready to start rocking out...

Strider
Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden182 View Post
Roomates just walked in with...

Time to rock the fuck out.
Cool.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 AM

and

Thinking of getting CoD4 soon, too (school's out in 2 weeks, so I have lots of free time. Fuckin' A that rocks!)
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, I picked up an Xbox360 on Saturday... bundle that came with Forza/MarvelUA... and since then I've picked up... CoD3, CoD4, MoH:Airborne, F.E.A.R., Dead Rising and NCAA Football 07 (twas only $7 new, and me loves football). And this weekend I'll be picking up Condemned, GoW and probably TimeShift, but I'm not 100% on that.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't bother with Timeshift. It was so meh, I couldn't even finish it.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:51 PM

I want to play this so fucking badly, but I have to wait until Tuesday for Hannukah...

FUCK.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM

Yeah, so I went and bought it today. AWESOME game so far. Played only for an hour, and it's kicking my ass sideways and backwards in spectacularly-ness.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post

Yeah, so I went and bought it today. AWESOME game so far. Played only for an hour, and it's kicking my ass sideways and backwards in spectacularly-ness.
What's your name on there? I'm Ash, just so yeh know. I'm really digging it and I'm up to 2nd Lieutenant right now. Just got the red dot sight for my G3 assault rifle. *squeals like a school girl*
Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden_208 View Post
What's your name on there? I'm Ash, just so yeh know. I'm really digging it and I'm up to 2nd Lieutenant right now. Just got the red dot sight for my G3 assault rifle. *squeals like a school girl*
Cool. I only did single player campaign for an hour. I might do multiplayer soon. My name would be ... wait for it - "KcMsterpce"!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Old 12-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Cool. I only did single player campaign for an hour. I might do multiplayer soon. My name would be ... wait for it - "KcMsterpce"!
So simple, yet so fitting.
Multiplayer is amazing. It is by far my favorite FPS multiplayer available.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 AM

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END - (PC)

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX - (PS3)
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Old 12-09-2007, 02:44 PM

XBOX 360 ELITE

PLUS...

FORZA MOTORSPORT 2

AND...

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE

They're in one case

AND...

1 Year Of Xbox Live

Last edited by Elementmorgan; 12-10-2007 at 02:20 AM..
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM

I bought a Nintendo Wii.

I actually bought a Nintendo Wii.

My PS3 is a little offended right now, so I'll have to sex it up tonight to remind him I still love him.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Grats on the Wii.

I figured it would make a nice road trip game plus it was on sale for 10 dollars.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Grats on the Wii.
Thanks. Cool buy, I had a lot of fun with "Wii Sports". I can't wait till I get some of the real games.

Now only missing the 360. But I won't buy that for another couple of months.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Thanks. Cool buy, I had a lot of fun with "Wii Sports". I can't wait till I get some of the real games.

Now only missing the 360. But I won't buy that for another couple of months.
I'm in the same position as you, although the only one I don't have is the PS3, which I'll probably be getting in January.

Anyways, today I bought:

and

Really looking forward to both.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien22 View Post
I'm in the same position as you, although the only one I don't have is the PS3, which I'll probably be getting in January.
It's a damn curse. It's so much money spent but I love having all three. No restrictions. If I see any game I think looks great, I can just go get it.

I was kinda debating whether I should get the 360 or the Wii first. Since the other is easy to find and didn't have as many games I was interested in, I just got the Wii. I'm glad I finally got it.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
It's a damn curse. It's so much money spent but I love having all three. No restrictions. If I see any game I think looks great, I can just go get it.

I was kinda debating whether I should get the 360 or the Wii first. Since the other is easy to find and didn't have as many games I was interested in, I just got the Wii. I'm glad I finally got it.
Yeah, it's gonna be awesome having all three. What games do you suggest I get when I get the PS3? I already plan on getting Ratchet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, and probably Resistance, although I'm not totally sure on that one, as Halo is more than enough of online multiplayer shooter than I need. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Yeah, it's gonna be awesome having all three. What games do you suggest I get when I get the PS3? I already plan on getting Ratchet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, and probably Resistance, although I'm not totally sure on that one, as Halo is more than enough of online multiplayer shooter than I need. Any other suggestions?
Having failed to find an official "I just got a console, what games should I buy?" thread, I think we should make one, especially now when a lot of people are going to buy new consoles and games.

But as far as the PS3 goes, I'm glad you're planning to get "Ratchet", because it's definitely the best game on the system. "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is a fucking must (. . . so I haven't bought it) and so is "Resistance: Fall of Man". Even if you're doing a lot of "Halo 3", it's different enough to offer lots of enjoyment online. If you like action games, you shouldn't hesitate on "Heavenly Sword", flawed but great game (my review's in the official review thread). "Warhawk" is supposed to be great, too, but I haven't played it. And "Motorstorm" if you remotely like racing games.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (SPECIAL EDITION) (PRE-ORDER FROM GAMESTOP) (XBOX360)

As pictured except for the license plate , which is amazon exclusive )
Old 12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
THE ORANGE BOX

Can't wait for school to end this week. I'm sitting down for some PORTALS, then finally beat PREY and HALF-LIFE 2.
After that, I will tackle me some GEARS OF WAR, CRYSIS and maybe even GOD OF WAR (finally).
Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Super Mario Galaxy

Man, my brother is going to be fucking psyched to play this shit. It should be fun.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Got Shadow of the Colossus for Hannukah tonight. Extremely excited to play this, although I just bought God of War and MGS2 so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.
I also forgot to mention that I bought a DS about 2 weeks ago. With it I got Pokemon Diamond, and I hope to get New Super Mario Bros. and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the holidays.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Got Shadow of the Colossus for Hannukah tonight. Extremely excited to play this, although I just bought God of War and MGS2 so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.
I also forgot to mention that I bought a DS about 2 weeks ago. With it I got Pokemon Diamond, and I hope to get New Super Mario Bros. and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the holidays.
Shadow of the Colossus is a really wicked game. I've never played one like that, and it was really something memorable. Nothing but boss fights.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
And?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
smackdown vs raw 2008
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Guitar Hero 3
Old 12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Fun, frantic, and fast paced are the words that come to mind. Might not be everyones cup of tea though. Especially for peeps who prefer tactical shooters like Call of Duty 4
Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
bought today with the 40GB PS3

Old 12-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Both for the Wii;

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Metroid Prime Corruption
Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, since I grabbed my 360 3 weeks ago, I've grabbed...

Star Wars Complete Saga - Such a fun game. Own both singles for PS2
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - TH fanatic, and this game delivers
TimeShift - I really dig it, then again, I love FPS, as you'll see
History Channel: Civil War - got on a buy one get one deal... tis okay, different that's for sure
Tiger Woods 07 - Love golf games, so this is my fix... it's okay
Bioshock - Cool, creepy, amazingly done game... but overall, it's just "good"
Stranglehold - Awesome game, that I just haven't played enough
Halo 3 - $10... beat that, even tho I really don't like it all that much
Prey - $12 new... I'm a deal shopper I tells ya, cool game too!
MOH: Airborne - Loved it, but hey, I love the whole series
Condemned - Awesome game, so freaking creepy
F.E.A.R - Liked what I played, but with me buying games like a psycho, haven't played it enough
Dead Rising - I really dig it, but I just can't get into TPS enough...
CoD 4 - Amazing, even tho I beat it in like 4 sittings...
CoD 3 - Already crushed the shit out of it for PS2, and it's just as fun on the 360
NCAA Football 07
- scored for $7, and I loves football
... and the system came with Forza and Marvel UA, which I haven't really played that much. I did the first day, but that was it.

Got Ridge Racer 6 sitting at the store waiting for me, and as soon as it stops snowing, I'll be grabbing that too... I really need help controlling my spending...
Old 12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Tony Hawk: Underground