Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
See, Jo's not gonna get pissed about that.

The reason I like the book so much is that I never get to read any real "in-depth" stuff about my favorite films, but Jo's got an average of two pages on a lot of really fun films you wouldn't normally get a book about.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
See, Jo's not gonna get pissed about that.

The reason I like the book so much is that I never get to read any real "in-depth" stuff about my favorite films, but Jo's got an average of two pages on a lot of really fun films you wouldn't normally get a book about.
I only worried because I was thinking about way back when Spielberg said he loves joblo.com, Irene Manor raised some doubt and was subsequently banned. I didn't wanna follow in those footsteps, since I"m in the top 25 posters on the site
Old 01-19-2003, 11:04 AM
"I only worried because I was thinking about way back when Spielberg said he loves joblo.com, Irene Manor raised some doubt and was subsequently banned. I didn't wanna follow in those footsteps, since I"m in the top 25 posters on the site"

Geez, I must have missed that.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface98.9
I only worried because I was thinking about way back when Spielberg said he loves joblo.com, Irene Manor raised some doubt and was subsequently banned. I didn't wanna follow in those footsteps, since I"m in the top 25 posters on the site
Before this gets out of hand, it's to note that nobody ever knows why anyone gets banned, other than myself and a few moderators, so unless you know about every single warning, every single email and every single conversation between myself and a schmoe that got banned, please don't assume anything about why they might've been banned in the first place.

In this case, you are very wrong about the possible reason behind Irene's banning at the time, and do not know any of the backstory

As for "not liking" my book, that's fine by me as well. I think I'm mature enough to recognize that not everyone will ever like me, not everyone will ever like the site and not everyone will ever like my book (it's good that you pointed out that you don't really read my reviews in the first place, which is pretty telling). That's life and the same can be said for anyone else as well. As long as there's no "insults" or rudeness going on (your points were constructive), it's fine by me.

Having said that, the idea of running this FREE SITE for everyone, having folks use it and then jump on board and diss my writings isn't exactly a trend that I look forward to seeing continue. Thankfully, most schmoes realize that the purchase of the book alone is a sign of support on their part (for the record, there has been VERY WEAK SUPPORT of our site thus far) and that's the best that we could ask for (I am glad to see that you did buy the book, at least).

If anyone thinks that we are going to continue working for free, while barely anybody supports us and to top it off, knocks what we do (we ain't AICN here, folks)...a rude awakening might be forthcoming one morning.

That's honestly not a threat, just a fact.

As I've said a ZILLION TIMES before, independent movie sites like ourselves survive with the support of its readers (of which we have over 1,000,000 every month). If those folks don't feel that they enjoy the site enough to put forth a few bucks for support, or to propogate the goodness of what we put out day in/day out...the site disintegrates, I get a "real job" and that's about it...

I'm also happy to report that most of the media that has covered my book has been extremely positive in response (in fact, the Midwest Book Review said that it was a "...a must for movie buffs", so hopefully the positivity will continue and everyone will be happy in the end.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Right on, but you're making me feel all guilty

P.S. If Irene got banned, how come his title is still Super Schmoe and he still posts?

Last edited by bob; 02-02-2003 at 08:05 PM..
Old 02-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
Right on, but you're making me feel all guilty

P.S. If Irene got banned, how come his title is still Super Schmoe and he still posts?
He was reinstated
Old 02-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Double right on.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Well I am late to the game but I was thinking of picking up Joblo's book this weekend. I just hope my local Barnes and Noble carries it or at least will be able to order it for me. Also, a book from Arrow chronicling the 50 coolest horror movies of all time would be a dream come true! Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.