Old 07-21-2011, 09:53 AM
It's been almost 10 years since I joined the site. I honestly don't remember how I came across this site. A friend of mine, who I used to work with when I lived in Virginia probably told me about it. I do remember going to this site and darkhorizons.com a lot, and then discussing movie news with him.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 PM

My boyfriend is a movie buff, and he's just rubbing off on me really, but thank goodness! We saw a Band of Outsiders the other day, phenomenal!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Have no clue how I found this site..I'm sure it was horror movie related. Joined in 2002..had over 1,000 posts..blah blah..came back in 2007 under this username because I forgot my old password..
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I remember stumbling upon Joblo in 2006 after I had Googled movie news. And I joined the forums a year later.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM
JIM LAW

One day I was at the office surfing IMDB and then did click in one of the links were they took me immediately to the TOP TEN SPOT of The Great Jim Law, then I started to read each one of his columns and started to laugh madly. After day by day I was able to read him but did not notice that this website had the option to join!!!! The website has a loot of information and I haven't be able yet to check everything. After I joined I wrote Joblo himself for a problem in the website and he replied immediately :O) THAT made me stick to this site and show more respect for his work here, I love this site every time more and more.

I am a proud and happy Junior Schmoe.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM

I came across Arrow's section of the site while looking up external movie reviews on IMDB. It was probably for one of the ELM STREET or F13 flicks. Anyway, one of the external links it provided was for Arrow's reviews. That was around July/August of 2001, so I've been visiting the site for a solid ten years now but didn't actually join until March of 2002. Eventually ended up moderating from around early 2003 to late 2009.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laksmikanti View Post
One day I was at the office surfing IMDB and then did click in one of the links were they took me immediately to the TOP TEN SPOT of The Great Jim Law, then I started to read each one of his columns and started to laugh madly. After day by day I was able to read him but did not notice that this website had the option to join!!!! The website has a loot of information and I haven't be able yet to check everything. After I joined I wrote Joblo himself for a problem in the website and he replied immediately :O) THAT made me stick to this site and show more respect for his work here, I love this site every time more and more.

I am a proud and happy Junior Schmoe.
Shit like this makes every article worth it. Thanks a ton!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
anytime!

You are wellcome, I enjoy so much your writting style. Even if sometimes the TOP TEN SPOT-subjet is not appealing for me, nevertheless I go and read it, because I know that I will enjoy it. I am now more focus in hearing the podcast, since I have not done it yet.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I came upon this site a few years ago, a friend of mine turned me onto this site. I immediately became a fan, but I just recently became a shmoe.

I usually love the 10-spot countdowns, both on JoBlo and Arrow in the Head. Not to mention the exclusives and videos posted on the blogs. Okay, I'll admit, I sometimes visit Movie Hotties :P

Personally, the flash can bog down my not-so-powerful computer sometimes, but it's worth waiting a few more seconds to load up the pages.

Between this blog and I WATCH STUFF (which doesn't seem to get movies as well as this place), I get the majority of my news.

I even got a video that I myself made posted on JoBlo: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cool...ictional-bands

That was a very high honor, personally. I felt like I made it to have you guys mention it. :P
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I found out about joblo.com through Wizard magazine. I've been hooked ever since.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Sorry. I have actually been lurking daily on this forum since 2001 (i should have joined then). Then I would have been a member for 10 years instead of 5 years. If I had known back then what I do now. That all of you are a bunch of movie-geek knuckle-heads, who I have come to not only respect, but thoroughly enjoy being amongst, I would be a long term member. Luv all you Schmoes and Schmoettes. All of you guys seriously rock. I mean that.

Now to your question. I used to collect movie wallpapers. And I googled for some. JB's name was first for some reason. I spent many years in the movie wallpaper section on this awesome site. I would then scope out the forums and see what was cookin'. Then after 5 years (still can't believe I took that long), I took the plunge and registered. I felt very out of place among all you guys and gals for the longest time. Only recently have I felt truly at home here. Since then I have never really looked back.

By the way. Just so you all know, I am a female, not a guy...
Spoiler:
HAHAHA GOTCHYA!!!
God of War you scared the hell out of me grins
i nearly had a heart attack

I looked at the spoiler oh l feel better now

Well l know this thread had been going for a while so well l just wanted to post and get it started again

I jioned the forum in early 2010 and it was a freind who suggested this forum

I am glad l did jion even though l have had my ups and downs
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't quite recall, honestly. It's the only message board I frequent on a semi-regular basis anymore. I used to be on several message boards, but this is the one that's maintained my interested for the past 8+ years. Good times!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I used to be a member when the site was just called Arrow in the Head. I've been away from the forums for awhile, however, I've ALWAYS visited the site for movie news. IMO, this is one of the greatest entertainment sites on the web.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I was reading some trivia about Cape Fear and then clicked the side-link.

Awesome website.